[15.2b] Two contract related issues

I have run into two contract related issues.

1. I acquired a goalie with an outgoing contract from a trade. I offered him several contracts which he all refused, the last was at $5000000 a year just before his current contract ran out. He left at the end of the season. The same day he left I offered him a contract. He asked for $1500000, which I offered and he accepted.

2. I signed a new assistant coach during the summer break. Just before the season started he retired.

2. is probably fine, older people do retire and maybe he has changed his mind that he isn't fit for the grind. or maybe a family issue, perhaps a flesh out of the news system where if a guy retires too soon / before contract up, there's a news event saying he has decided to retire due to personal reasons, or health, or family, or got his hand mawed by a snow blower

I have run into two contract related issues.

1. I acquired a goalie with an outgoing contract from a trade. I offered him several contracts which he all refused, the last was at $5000000 a year just before his current contract ran out. He left at the end of the season. The same day he left I offered him a contract. He asked for $1500000, which I offered and he accepted.

This was in 07 too, very annoying! It has been reported several times.

Archived