Players developing physical skills too much

I am under the impression that players develop physical skills too much. If you set a player with 15 in acceleration or speed, he'll get to 20 in 2-3 seasons. I think that physical skills shouldn't change that dramatically, after all a player is fast or slow, he can be one or two points more as he progresses, but not too much. After all, for example, how faster is Malkin now after all his seasons in the NHL?

Yes, this is something we've seen with, especially, young player that has much room to grow(CA to PA).

It makes it hard for us at TBL to properly rate the players.

Speed is the attribute most noted but there are other physical skills that gets raised similarily

Speed definitely shouldn't change drastically, unless weight is dynamic too. Some players have improved speed by shedding weight, but I don't think height/weight is dynamic in the game. Or work on skating form to improve acceleration.

• SI Staff

The younger players will develop their physical attributes at an early age (when they are still growing up), so I'll look at tuning this. They can also get smaller increases later on in the development phase of their career.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived