(NHL) training camp

Training camp still seems like I remember it from the "old days". More useless than not :o

Is there a chance that you could automatically invite all players that you have under contract and even the prospects?

Also if you "open" the camp, really REALLY bad players will attend. I would expect some ex-NHL-ers and AHL-ers, but not some unknown guys with attributes far lower that I would expect them even in our Slovenian league :D

Hehe yeah, I always kick myself when I forget to turn Open Camp off. Over all the years / careers I played with 2007 I signed ONE player who came in via the open camp.

Right now I just recall every player from my farm team who is half decent and my top prospects.

The auto-invite would be nice, but remember in the NHL it works differently for professionals and juniors. Professionals, its not so much as a "try out" as it is actually being called up to the NHL team, after which they would need to be sent back to the minors (clear waivers in some cases)

To make training camp more meaningful and easier to use, my suggestions:

- edit lines (blue/red teams) to try out pairings.

- have more sortable statistics (or filters) to help judge who to cut (customizable screens would help with this)

- more of a bug* currently in the scrimmage stats page, I don't think you can right click on a player and then "action>send to___"

- it would be nice if juniors weren't sent immediately back to juniors after training camp, to allow for more exhibition game time, without offering a contract. (question - does EHM model the 10 game limit for rookies?)

- "minutes played" option (like international friendlies in FM) > would especially be helpful for camps/exhibition games where you would like to rotate through goalies

- split squad exhibition games

- tactics familiarity (like FM) would tie into pre-season games. Not sure if this is currently modeled in game.

- it would be nice if juniors weren't sent immediately back to juniors after training camp, to allow for more exhibition game time, without offering a contract. (question - does EHM model the 10 game limit for rookies?)

Actually there is no real 10 game limit in the NHL. Teams are allowed to send players back to juniors after that as well. What this affects is more related to contract / free agent stuff.

If the player plays less than 10 games in a season, his contract slides to the next year. If the player is on the "active roster for 40 or more games a season (30g for a goalie), this will count as a so called "accrued season" so he would be eligible for UFAcy a year earlier.

Havent thought of testing it yet but will give it a try.

Actually there is no real 10 game limit in the NHL. Teams are allowed to send players back to juniors after that as well. What this affects is more related to contract / free agent stuff.

If the player plays less than 10 games in a season, his contract slides to the next year. If the player is on the "active roster for 40 or more games a season (30g for a goalie), this will count as a so called "accrued season" so he would be eligible for UFAcy a year earlier.

Havent thought of testing it yet but will give it a try.

Yes, I know. That is what I meant by my post. Thanks for clarifying - "Limit" was the wrong word to use.

I think 10 days before the Camp you should sit down with your Head Coach and see what positions you might be looking and roles in your team and then agents would send their clients to your Camp based on profilesof a player you and your coaches wanted. Ofcoruse top level players wouldnt arrive but if you decide that you will need a back up goalie then two of them would arrive that actualy have a chance to be signed. Dont like that instead of useful player you get over to a camp players that cant play even in ECHL.

Right now I just recall every player from my farm team who is half decent and my top prospects.

I also do this. However, my ECHL team filled all the "empty" roster spots during NHL training camp, and now I can't send any players there. Anyone else have this problem?

I also do this. However, my ECHL team filled all the "empty" roster spots during NHL training camp, and now I can't send any players there. Anyone else have this problem?

its normal...once they will end the camp you will be able to send players back to them.

its normal...once they will end the camp you will be able to send players back to them.

I was finally able to send them on Oct. 4. The NHL roster has to be at 23 by Sept. 30. As the ECHL roster limits aren't supposed to take effect until Oct. 21, could this be a glitch?

Archived