The Scots Sunday Clan 2006

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

albion.jpg

dr2logo.gif

the former Faifley Colts all-star was offered the hot seat at Cliftonhill

speaking on Radio Scotland the former Faifley Colt player was stating his desire to lead the Coatbridge club to the next level, actually winning a game.

off-air

Richard Gordon - keep this short ok , jesus your only the Albion Rovers gaffer, hardly the job of the century

Davie Orr - aye whit ever, ya ginga tit

on-air

RG - so Dave great to have you on the show

DO - aye nice to be back in Scotland again

RG - you spend a few years in England , do you think its helped you alot, in your style of management??

DO - naw , just gave me a dodgy twang to my accent ,my love

RG - ho ho hes a funny guy , over to you Jim

off-air

Jim Spence - did he call you a ginga tit, Richard??

RG - yes[as the fists being to fly]

tbc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as reported by David Mccarthy

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

berwick.jpg

Disaster At Berwick

Berwick Rangers terrible start to the season contiues as new gaffer Stewart can only guide his team to 1 league cup victory and 1 league draw from 7 games to leave Berwick propping up the Scottish 3rd Division.

Stewart who was last seem slumped in the dugout with a bottle of Vodka singing a Rod Stewart Classic, cuts a lonely figure as his team roam around the park looking more like a school team than Scottish 3rd Division title hopefulls.

Basic Mistakes and poor defending has cost them dear so far and Stewart could only find kind words for two of his players, Goalkeeper Coyle and Striker Hayes where exempt from his last ear bashing which has seen 4 players told their very future at the club is in doubt and a spell in the reserves to prove themselves is what they can expect.

With things going from bad to worse, Stewart has tried to revamp his back room team and improve training to bring out the best of them.

Stewart refused to comment when pressed on what was going wrong, but was heard to slurp something about things can't get any worse so thats a good thing !

Where Berwick go from here is anyones guess.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

Apols for the no show last night lads, had other unforseen commitments.

Going to tell them to gtf if they crop up again next week icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you tell them chris icon_biggrin.gif

berwick.jpg

Stewart Steadies The Ship

Berwick Rangers Gaffer Iain Stewart has slowly management to stop the rot at Berwick and the club show signs of prgression under the new gaffer.

From Berwick last 8 games Berwick has managed to record 2 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats which isn't fantastic but is a vast improvement on the previous 8 games the club has competed in.

A number of players suddenly found themselves dropped into the reserves seemed to shake a number of players in life, and Stewart tactics and commands appear finally to be hitting home.

The club are still very week on the playing front and in desperate need of new faces, something that Stewart says he will take to the board and he wants to here a positive repsonse if the club are to progress.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

From Berwick last 8 games Berwick has managed to record 2 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats which isn't fantastic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That only equals 7 icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Paul Remington:

Lol

your right it should have read, 2 wins 3 draws and 3 defeats which equals 8

lol really should check over before posting icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll help you remember remember icon_wink.gif

Be in for some Scots fun just before 7.....

Im moving one training bar at a time with the rest on Mid. Mind I think they need a wee shot at learing to shot from last week.

albion.jpg

Lastest scores--------------H----A----H----A

Arbroath 0-3 0-1

Berwick Rangers 1-1 3-2

Cowdenbeath 0-0 3-0

East Fife 1-0 2-1

East Stirling 1-0 1-2

Elgin 1-2

Montrose 0-2

Queen Park 0-0 1-2

Stenhousemuir 1-2 1-0

albion.jpg

Lastest scores

----------------H----A----H----A

Arbroath ......0-3 0-1

Berwick Rangers1-1 3-2

Cowdenbeath....0-0 3-0

East Fife......1-0 2-1

East Stirling..1-0 1-2

Elgin..........1-2 2-1

Montrose.......1-2 0-2

Queen Park.....0-0 1-2

Stenhousemuir..1-2 1-0

updated

berwick.jpg

Berwick’s Dismal Run Continues.

Under the guidance of new boss Iain Stewart Berwick continue to stumble along and remain stuck at the bottom of the table. Once considered promotion contenders only the dismal form of the clubs surrounding Berwick and keeping them in the hunt.

A poor showing in there last 6 games has seen Berwick lose 4, win 1 and draw 1.

Although 2 of the defeats can be considered unlucky the performances have been poor.

Their last games have seen the defeats stop and give the fans something to smile about as they finally move off last spot and hit the dizzy heights of 8th in the league.

Stewart has had his fill with some of his players, drafting in a number of 16 and 17yrs olds from the youth setup to add some much needed enthusiasm and drive into his sides play seems to have paid off, if this can continue or not is anyone’s guess.

Stewart has identified where the teams weakness lies but whether or not he can get in suitable loans or replacements he has now identified remains to be seen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Ric:

I would just like to wish everyone a Happy St Andrews day! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not wearing your England top today then Ric? icon_wink.gif

eastfife.jpg

East fife boss Robertson knew that when he found out part of the sponsorship deal involved pie’s and a timeshare in a caravan down in Ayr he was in trouble.

Results like the team have been poor, being in the bottom of division three is not a good place to be. We are currently sitting 8th on 18 points. John Bradford has done the best he could being the lone striker

New Bayview with its best attendance of just under 1200 is not a field of dreams but there is work to be done all the same. Whats the aim this season for the manager well just to stay in the job would do.

albion.jpg

dr2logo.gif

with the wee Rovers sitting 4th and well out of the depth, we took the time to speak with Davie Orr.

Colin Duncan-after you infamous bust up with Richard Gordon,life at Cliftonhill has been good, whats the key to it all?

Davie Orr-giving ginger tossers a kicking, seemed to have worked.

CD-fair enough, but it never worked against Stenhousemiur

DO-you can't win em all , remember am not Chelsea,but i def ain't Glasgow Rangers either , as i keep winning

CD-now now no need to bring Rangers into it

DO-am just gutted at whats going on at Ibrox

CD-you where moaning about the lack of passion, from you strikers , but somehow all that changed as well

DO-well Lee Wilson has been playing really well scored 7 so far , all have been since hes was re-selected again

CD- and the key to his round about

DO- loads of coke and some hookers icon_biggrin.gif

What do mean Sacked!

You want me, I’ll be right there!

New club new beginning.

arbroath.jpg

Manager robertson takes a note down, only he could play Montrose with a different Club in a matter of a few weeks. icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!

Hello everybody, good to see your all still playing. Hope your all still slagging Bod!

Ive been busy since i won the lotto...life is hard icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haw Bawbag , theres nae slagging of the clans no.1 player nowadays! icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously though, shouldnt you be getting down and dirty here and managing one of the spare clubs in the division? Always a spot open for you big man, Iain will tell you that.

berwick.jpg

Bad Form Continues

Berwick Rangers show no real improvement in form, the only plus point is that the ship has steadied and wins are coming.

The defence is at sea at times, the midfield is absent and the strikers play well, but lack the confidence to hit the back of the net.

Stewart has pointed out a number of weak spots in the team and is activily trying to source players to strengthen these positions but lack of money has tied his hands and re-enforcements are proving very hard to come by.

Stewart has also recieved the dreaded vote of confidence from his board on more than one occassion, so with time no longer on his side, Stewart needs to start producing results or identifing new players will have been a waste of his time....

Think you've already showed more times than nipples... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For gods sake dont encourage him tae show his nipples. Youve heard of his trip tae Prague and his stag night in Amsterdam. The clan would get booted out of here faster than Neil Lennon at a Celtic christmas party.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lambie's Lovechild:

Wont be around tonight lads , got a birthday party to go to (my own).

Stenny will go up without my assistance anyway icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Happy Birthday Bod, get hammered icon_biggrin.gif

queenspark.jpg

Following the manager of the month award i thought 'what else can i do right?' then i though i know... ill stop an unbeatable side and not only stop them from winning go and nick a goal on the counter attack and win the game myself, and i did.stenny who at the time were on another amazin run of not losing, lost 1-0 to a first half strike by bonnar. a great move was eneded by a simple tap in to the net by bonnar who is realy finding his top form at the moment.

I will be hoping to push stenny all the way and at least finish in the runners up spot! so beware other scottish teams!

albion.jpg

dr2logo.gif

Orr speaks his mind

with 3 games left and 4pts behind Elgin

Orr lets it rip " Roberston has threw in the towel, he should be ashamed of himself"

" theres no-way i can give up, even though its in Toners hands, if he fails to pick up 4pts in his next 2 games ,then I'll have no-one to blame barr myself if we fail to get 6, and that would set up a cracking last day , with us meeting Elgin for that final play-off spot"

When asked about the young Turkisk gaffer Orhun Ozdemir. he fired back " what can i say? hes top of the league with 3 games to play , even if he finshed 2nd , he has to be the manager of the year, due to the fact he came to this country ,thinking Livingston where a top team,

that alone should get a medal for thinking such crap"

when asked about Stevie Plumb

"Plumb i tell you , more like PC Plumb, he's took Queens Park to a new level , i reckon hes got Josie Jump and Miss Hoolie , in that changing room, we all know the Spiders are tight on parting with cash, but hey great bonuses icon_biggrin.gif

the future for Orr??

well i signed a new deal and took a £20 drop in wages, am not here for a long time am here for a good time icon_biggrin.gif

By David McCarthy

berwick.jpg

Chap at the door !

Ah Iain come in you wanted a word.

yeah boss I did. I was speaking with some of the lads last night and all the other gaffers have been given new contracts.

And

Well was kinda wondering, has mine been lost in the post?

no

oh, internal mail problem

no, anything else ?

ah ok then, I'll be going then, still a few games to go though, so mibbee have a wee chat later

aye mibbee

albion.jpg

Orr was posted McGuinness contract

i was totally shocked to see he was offered buttons, in fact it was 4 buttons and 3 gingy bottles a week , i though am here for a good time , he must be there for a all-nighter parties, 7 nights a week

Archived