The Scots Sunday Clan 2006

eaststirling.jpg

East Stirlingshire Football Club - Laughing stocks of Gillete Soccer Saturday - Strongest team in Scottish Football as they hold every other team in the league up - average wage of £14.37 and 6 blackjacks a week - Board Aims : Stick within 20 points of 9th.

Well gaffer Chris Nicol was doing better than all that. He was within 8 points of 9th. Fans at East Stirling had never had it so good (those who remember better times were in the well padded hospital). That's why there was a village wide outcry when East Fife tried to poach top gaffer Nicol from The Shire's grasp.

All both of the Shire's season ticket holders turned up to demand that the legend who brought the club 2 wins remained in charge and knocked back the giants from the East of Fife.

And so it was done. A member of staff from East Stirling chose to....stay. It was unprecedented. Nobody quite knew how to react. Jeff Stelling had to double check his facts, Chick Young just couldn't come to terms with it. With this confusion teams came up against East Stirling not quite sure what to expect....this played straight into the hands of Nicol, the club, and fans Boab and Soapy Souter.

Back to back wins led to much confusion in not only the local press, who had to try to write match report about a w.w..wi..win..winning streak, but also around the whole nation who had to upgrade their systems which had "10th East Stirling" as a template.

Their was a party in the village the day Chris Nicol stayed, when they went 9th there was..well another party but when they went 8th the (multiplying) fans went absolutley wild, some of them even baked cakes!

And so there you have it. East Stirling are sitting in 8th place with only a few games of the season to go. Nicol's formation has caused much confusion and at first sniggering amongst the league's other managers. However Nicol and the club are also now in a state of confusion...where the hell do we go from here?

Stay tuned.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

albion.jpg

5th place and 40k

after a terrible run in , which saw Rovers lose 3 of there last 5 games, allowing Toner and Co to claim the last play off spot, but over all its been a rather good season, with David Shanks on cloud nine with 5th spot.

" its been a tough wee season, but its been good, rather ****ed at the way we finished the season thou"

when asked about Gary Toner "Gary 'GHOST' Toner, i went over to shake hands , and he wasn't there , just a cardboard cut out

but i signed up his backroom staff while he was awaywedding13.jpg

arbroath.jpg

Well Arbroath ended up 7th and 30K better off and the Manager realised that there is a nucleus of a decent side there but it need improved for this level. The Budget news was expected from a club that is still in the red – Nothing.

The fans have questioned the formation with only playing Brazil up front alone, but the manager believes this is the way forward and to build support around him. One deal has been struck and more details of that at a later date.

What can we aim for next season, well a jammy old firm game would help in the cup and a higher position than 7th would do. Its going to be slow but there is some good news Agnes has got her sister Betty to help out in the refreshment kiosk so we can now sell double the Bovril and Pies in the same amount of time, oh aye and would fans please remember that there is adequate toilet facilities in the ground and not at the back of the stand.

siforum_banner.jpg

Season 1 is Over

The scots sunday clan has finished season one, and an adventfull season we've had. Myself and Sav were both sacked, I'm currently without employment. Nuke failed to win the promotion playoff and quit his job in disgust, Bod won the title and spat the dummy about not winning manager of the year and Steve won the playoff to go up into the scary heights of the Scots Division 2 with Bod.

Final Standing

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | C | Stenhousemuir | | 36 | 23 | 10 | 3 | 73 | 27 | +46 | 79 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | Pl | Montrose | | 36 | 21 | 9 | 6 | 47 | 18 | +29 | 72 |

| 3rd | Pl | Queen's Park | | 36 | 20 | 10 | 6 | 55 | 35 | +20 | 70 |

| 4th | Pl | Elgin | | 36 | 14 | 9 | 13 | 44 | 45 | -1 | 51 |

| 5th | | Albion Rovers | | 36 | 13 | 8 | 15 | 41 | 40 | +1 | 47 |

| 6th | | Cowdenbeath | | 36 | 11 | 10 | 15 | 48 | 58 | -10 | 43 |

| 7th | | Arbroath | | 36 | 10 | 10 | 16 | 36 | 44 | -8 | 40 |

| 8th | | East Stirling | | 36 | 8 | 11 | 17 | 39 | 55 | -16 | 35 |

| 9th | | Berwick | | 36 | 7 | 10 | 19 | 31 | 54 | -23 | 31 |

| 10th | | East Fife | | 36 | 6 | 7 | 23 | 26 | 64 | -38 | 25 |

</pre>

Congratulations to Bod on winning the 3rd

Congratulations to Steve for winning the 3rd Promotion Playoff

Congratulations to Nuke 3rd Div Manager of the Year.

The clan would also like to welcome on board our latest member Fergal Dolan, who takes control of Cowdenbeath after the complete no show of Rich Taylor.

With next week being xmas, I'll drop everyone a wee email about our next session, more than likely the 1st weekend in January but I'll run it past you all before hand.

The Scots Sunday Clan would like to wish everyone a very merry christmas and a happy new year.

cheers

JPR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by taloola23uk:

Hello, nice to see you ladies are still going. Well done Bod on winning the season! The next time theres an opening maybe Iain could send me an email, and I'll join up for a couple of seasons just to give you some competition Bod. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Iain

theres a offer ,bring young Tracy back into the game

sorry Laxxz places at the moment are limited, I've a shortlist from when I created the game and they are getting 1st option along with old clan members like tracy here, the the infamous laird of the country Rosco.

Tracy, drop me a wee email then and we'll try to sort some stuff out and get you back in the game, although that will make me getting a new job a lot harder !!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by taloola23uk:

Hello, nice to see you ladies are still going. Well done Bod on winning the season! The next time theres an opening maybe Iain could send me an email, and I'll join up for a couple of seasons just to give you some competition Bod. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds good to me. Bring it on, ill see if my u-18 side can take Division 2 , since ive pretty much lost my entire first team to Bosmans in the summer. Best chance anyones going to have to take me out.

siforum_banner.jpg

Season 2 Start Up

OK lads,

hope you all had a great xmas and have a fantastic new year, but its time to get back to business and get the game back up and running.

So watch out for the emails coming out soon, game to start back up on the 8th Jan 2006.

Everyone get ready and get the official patch 6.02 installed

all the best

JPR

siforum_banner.jpg

Season 2

Ok lads I've sent an email out to you all letting you know that season 2 starts this weekend, I'll try and get online for 5 to give an extra hour for pre-season for anyone who wants to do player searches.

If you don't get my email can you drop me a mail so that I have an up to date email addy for you.

I'd also like to welcome Tracy back into the game, for those of you old enough to remember Tracy, her spats with Bod were legendary, I'd say behave people but I love a bit of chat room rammy icon_biggrin.gif

Looking forward to getting back up and running again this sunday, if you can't make please mind the rules post in here or drop me a mail its only polite and keeps me right.

hope to see ya all this sunday

cheers lads and T

JPR

albion.jpg

second season 2006/07

only player to join was Callum Monteith on a free from Livingston, with money so tight, am looking at season long loan players to help out boosting the squad.

targets this season are to reach a play off spot, 2nd round off all cup comps.

keep the club afloat, while building a team good enough to leave the 3rd

albion.jpg

what's wrong????

all loan targets, have refused to join us icon_mad.gif

Danny Black has left in till end of season with 2nd div Stenhousemuir, with a future fee of £10k.

I hope Danny stays with us ,but breaks into the Stenny 1st team, which of course would def give me a headache when he returns, one am happy with.

Huge Squad

I've got no plans to sell any of my stars , but if the money is right , then i will have to take the deal.

games so far

Berwick[h] 2-0 Bell Challenge cup 1st rd

Montrose[h] 1-1 SD3

St.Mirren[h] 1-2* SLC 1st rd (*after e/t)

Berwick[h] 0-0 SD3

eaststirling.jpg

East Stirling fans were in buoyant mood as the new season approached. Manager Chris Nicol had given them lots to cheer about for the first time in a long long time towards the end of last season and while many key players in that side left Nicol had brought in some new faces.

As the new season was about to kick off with a challenge cup match against Steve Plumbs promoted Queens Park side, Nicol looked at his small squad with much worry. He had managed to secure the services of Phil O'Donnell but that was about it. A good 2-1 win in that game and then a solid 1-0 win in the league over Arbroath has given the side a good platform to build on but early injuries have already caused problems as Stranraer sent Shire packing from the league cup and then a 0-0 home draw to Peterhead was seen as a good result.

So hopefully more new faces and a confident new look shire side that could improve on last seasons 8th position, now that would have the fans in dream world.

eastfife.jpg

East Fife Unveil New Gaffer

Iain Stewart II ( yes the second ) bounced into the press conference this afternoon with a little confident spring in his step.

When asked on what East Fife fans can expect from a manager with so little Experience in the game, broad smile appeared across his face

"Fast paced attacking football, from young keen and fit players who will be hungry to achieve everything then can from the game"

"I may not has the greatest talent in the game at my disposal but they will give 100%, they will play to their strengths. I have a vision on how football should be played and I want this team to entertain, and enjoy football."

Pushed on expectation for the season he replied

"The title of course, if you don't want to win or don't think you can win why bother turning up !"

With that Stewart II got up and left stating he had a second training session to take care of this afternoon, smiled and left.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Ric:

you just cant get host's these days! no show last week tut tut </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but the lads never lost out thou, just booted up the EUC game and played intill 3am instead icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Ric:

you just cant get host's these days! no show last week tut tut </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whits This? a few goals fae Kris Boyd, and Ric's developed the confidence to invade a rival thread?

Away back tae Castle Grayskull (as championed by some wee Scottish Television weather girl) and moan about the lack of Bosman signings McLeish has made.

albion.jpg

See that barn door??

Well, try and hit it, FFS

sitting 5th, after 7 games four points off the top, just ain't goo enough for Davie Orr.

"we out play other teams, we make other teams look daft, like Arbroath, all over them couldn't hit the target, then bang a long ball, on the 94th min 0-1.

Arbroath[a]0-1 SD3

Elgin[a]2-0 SD3

Cowdenbeath[a]0-1 Bell Challenge cup 2nd rd

East Fife[h]1-1 SD3

Ayr[a]1-0 SD3

Cowdenbeath[h]2-1 SD3

It's with great sadness that i must resign from the clan for the time being, i just haven't go the time to make it worthwhile at the moment and it's unfair to Iain and the others that i have a place in the clan when i'm rarely there so the place would be better served elsewhere icon_frown.gif

I shall return on day, hopefully in the not to distant future.

sorry lads i was working on sunday, lol in fact it was my last day....

so should be back on sunday.

sad to see gaz monster taking a back seat..

icon_frown.gif

eastfife.jpg

After the promising starts from East Fife under the guidance of Iain Stewart II things have basically hit a free fall now.

The teams short comings have come to the fore and with a severe lack of funds Stewart II wull have a difficult time in correcting these.

Stewart will have to rely on tactics and getting these right to try and stop the free fall that East Fife are heading towards....

siforum_banner.jpg

Sunday's Game

Guys and T, just to let you know incase you forgot I'm off to Prague tomorrow morning and won't be back until Monday afternoon so no game this weekend.

So feel free to use the time wisely, like spend time with family or loved ones, maybe go for a walk outside get some fresh air, maybe evening go catch a movie, I've heard Munich is good, the possibilities are endless, grasp the moment people live life go for it icon_biggrin.gif

New Players

I've recieved a fair few applications, sorry for the delay in reply, but I'm getting there and will get round to you when I get back next week.

I intend to bring in a few players to up the clan membership as a few off the newbies have been very disappointing.

Please note I will enfore all clan rules so please read before asking to join.

Too many players coming and going, its very annoying, I see a name and shame thread coming as it ruins the clan game when people just stop showing up.

your host

JPR

• 2 weeks later...

Got the E-mail from Iain, and I understand the game has lost its shine, well for me with its lagged out play as the host and lets face it the game has problems here and there and not that they will be fixed now.

I enjoyed the last Fm05 in spain game and Fm05 EPL building a dream team with Chelsea ( yes glory hunter united) but this FM06 and the fact you get sacked every ten games does my head in.

But I’m still happy to play it, I enjoy it still just not to the extent I did. We’ve put up with a few dodgy game builds to get here. The lads are a great bunch and Iain will be a loss but I’m hopeful he will return as will Gaz some day.

Sad if it were to fold up. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

Sad if it were to fold up. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oi Savio i won't ****in let it fold up icon_cool.gif

Archived