The Scots Sunday Clan 2006

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stenhousemuir.jpg

New Manager At Stenny

There was a suprise change in management today when Stenhousemuir today announced the sacking of Warren Pearson who is to be replaced by the up and coming David McGowan. This came as a shock as Stenny were only 5 games into the new season. The new manager made an immediate impact signing 5 players immediately.

Marc McAusland from St. Mirren 1k

Daniel Moore from Ross County 1k

Dean Clements from Falkirk 1k

Steven McManus from Workington 14k

Andy Arbuckle from Workington 12k

As you can see the new manager has been splashing the cash upon his arrival and his new team certianly made an impact winning both of there games with McGowan in charge.

New manager in charge

Good to be on board lads, looking forward to meeting yous all proper next week. Just left a good pal of your's Clan there Ric icon_wink.gif

albion.jpg

Next Match

Opponent Brechin (I Campbell)

Competition Bell's League Division Two

Date Today at 19:30

Venue Cliftonhill, Coatbridge

Previous Meeting Brechin 2-2 Albion Rovers (18.4.2009)

Weather Forecast Dry 16°C

Fixtures & Results

05.09 A Queen's Park 2 : 0

12.09 H Morton 0 : 1

16.09 H Brechin SD2

19.09 A Arbroath SD2

26.09 A Alloa SD2

10.10 A Queen of Sth SD2

Competitions

Bell's League Division Two 4th (Possible Finish: 1st-10th)

Tennent's Scottish Cup Not entered yet

Bell's Scottish League Challenge Cup 1st Rnd

CIS Cup 2nd Rnd

Bell's League Division Two

1st Morton 6 +6 16

2nd Queen's Park 6 +3 13

3rd Queen of Sth 6 +1 11

4th Albion Rovers 6 +4 9

5th Brechin 6 +3 7

6th Arbroath 6 -1 7

7th Stranraer 6 -3 7

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer Two players (3)

Most Assists Two players (2)

Man Of Match Nicky Riley (2)

Yellow Cards Four players (1)

Red Cards Phil Creaney (1)

Average Rating Billy Byford (7.50)

Team Stats

Matches Played 9

Goals Scored 11 (1.2)

Goals Conceded 6 (0.7)

Yellow Cards 4 (0.4)

Red Cards 1 (0.1)

Average Attendance 951

not as good as the start we had last season, but still a good one, with a bit of cash to spend Orr been rather busy this season so far

Players IN

7.6.2009 Evans, Andy Free Transfer Free

12.7.2009 Hepburn, Ross Free Transfer Free

24.7.2009 Cook, Ian Free Transfer Free

26.8.2009 Tuck, Shaun Radcliffe Boro £40K

28.8.2009 Brown, Henry Moor Green £28K

Total £70K

Players OUT

1.7.2009 Kendrick, Joseph Ayr Free

1.7.2009 Johnson, Chris Dumbarton Free

1.7.2009 Lennon, Gordon Forfar Free

1.7.2009 Brayford, John Free Transfer Free

8.7.2009 Donnachie, Stephen Grays £1K

12.7.2009 Beattie, Ross Free Transfer Free

14.7.2009 Preston, Fraser Free Transfer Free

31.7.2009 McCarron, Kevin Airdrie Utd £1K

2.8.2009 McCluskey, Stuart Stranraer £1K

2.8.2009 Lake, Gregory Motherwell £12K

13.8.2009 Vinter, Steven Darlington £250K

20.8.2009 Edwards, Kevin Alloa £1K

Total £275K

si%20forum%20banner.JPG

the current line up

who will be doing battle in the 5th season

2009/10

Simon Hay

arbroath.jpg

Taavi Hinno

eaststirling.jpg

Davie Orr

albion.jpg

Steven Plumb

queenspark.jpg

Bell's League Division Three

David McGowan

stenhousemuir.jpg

Orhun Ozdemir

montrose.jpg

Chris Nicol

eastfife.jpg

Jim Barclay

berwick.jpg

Andy Bannister

elgin.jpg

Ed Reyonlds

cowdenbeath.jpg

Marty Singer

peterhead.JPG

Stewart Roberston

ayrutd.JPG

This season gonna be good icon14.gif

oh btw

we're full

stenhousemuir.jpg

New Stenny Manager Starts With 2 Wins

Couldn't have had a better start to the game with 6 points in the bag a 5 shiny new singings. Here's the 2 games that were played:

Cowdenbeath(A) 5.9.09 Third Division

Score: 4-0 Win

4 of the 5 new singings started in my first game as boss with Daniel Moore not included in the match day squad. Straight from the kick off Stenny played well comfartably knocking the ball about. Adam Lee opened the scoring in the 29th minute with an excellent header from a Scott Henderson free kick into the box. Scott Gemmill was the next man to get himself on the score sheet after new boy Steven McManus played him through with a lovely ball. All Gemmill had to do was slot past the keeper and this is exactly what he did.

More misery was to come for the Beath before half time when Gemmill socred another 1 on 1 with the keeper just on the stroke of half time. This time Adam Lee sliced the Cowdenbeath defence open with a nice through ball. The points were secured in the 60th minute when the Cowdenbeath keeper passed the ball straight to Lee who passed the ball into an empty net for the easy 4-0 victory.

MOM: Andy Arbuckle

CowdenBeath vs Stenny

Montrose(H) 12.9.09 Third Division

Score 2-1 Win

Was expecting a home win after the excellent result against the Beath and that's exactly what I got here but it was not the easiest of games. Montrose did well especially their keeper Simon Evans, who made several good saves. Stenny did control most of the game however and it was no suprise when Scott Gemmill scored in the 27th minute with a nice finish. Stenny were creating loads of chances but couldn't just couldn't find the net and finish Montrose off, the score 1-0 at HT then.

We were starting to get nervous as the game went on as The Rose looked like they could sneak a point from the game but all fears were put to rest when super sub James Hamilton scored 15 minutes from time. Montrose did give us a scare however when Greig Henslee scored for them in the 80th but they didn't really have any more chances after this and the 3 points were ours.

MOM: Martyn Fotheringham(Montrose)

Stenny vs Montrose

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Ric:

think i spotted rosco at game today a little older and a little rounder than i remember him but sure it was him working his camera behind the goal at the chadwick end </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bugger off back to your jerkit5.gif

albion.jpg

Next Match

Opponent Queen's Park (S Plumb)

Date Sat, 23.1.2010, 15:00

Venue Hampden Park, Glasgow

Previous Meeting Albion Rovers 1-1 Queen's Park (4.11.2009)

Weather Forecast Dry 4°C

its a must win game against the current Bells Scottish Challenge Cup holders, if we're to close the gap on the top two.

Fixtures & Results

26.12 A Stirling 1 : 1

02.01 A Clyde 0 : 2 Scottish Cup 3rd Rnd

09.01 H East Stirling 3 : 1

16.01 A Stranraer 3 : 0

23.01 A Queen's Park SD2

30.01 H Morton SD2

06.02 A Arbroath SD2

13.02 A Alloa SD2

with Queens Park, Morton and Arbroath in the next 3 games, and of course these 3 teams are in the top 4 with oursleves, you could say these are the key matches, looking to take at least 7 pts.

Competitions

Bell's League Division Two 3rd (Possible Finish: 1st-10th)

Tennent's Scottish Cup 3rd Rnd

CIS Cup 2nd Rnd

1st Queen's Park 22 +34 52

2nd Morton 22 +20 51

3rd Albion Rovers 22 +24 42

4th Arbroath 22 -7 28

5th Queen of Sth 22 -8 24

6th Brechin 22 -7 23

7th East Stirling 22 -13 22

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer Ross Hepburn (13)

Most Assists Lee Sichi (10)

Man Of Match Lee Sichi (4)

Yellow Cards Three players (4)

Average Rating Nicky Riley (7.48)

new signing Ross Hepburn has been outstanding for the wee Rovers, currently the top goal scorer in the Scottish 2nd , not bad for someone who normally starts in the midfield, but in the last two games has seen him start up front with Shaun Tuck(scored 4).

Team Stats

Matches Played 28

Goals Scored 47 (1.7)

Goals Conceded 23 (0.8)

Yellow Cards 19 (0.7)

Red Cards 1 (0.0)

Average Attendance 733

Quotes from the press

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/design/dr2logo.gif

Ross Hepburn is not related to the Andy Hepburn thats been spotted hanging about Neil Lennons love-pad.

Keith Jackson

The-Scottish-Sun-logo-new.jpg

Will the Wee Rovers gaffer ever sign a Scottish player?

after Orr signs up about 15 English kids on a £10 a week, many leading Scottish MPs are up in arms over Orrs signing policy.

"He's bring in cheap labour"

Patricia Ferguson MSP

000576D0-0318-1181-ACEC80C328EC0000.gif

give Ross 'Heppy' Hepburn freedom of the town if we go up.

Mark Sugden

icon_frown.gifsad news icon_frown.gif

I'm going to leave the Sunday clan lads. Been thinking it over for a bit and I think it's for the best. I've not had the hunger for it for quite a while now and have been putting other things ahead of it that perhaps I wouldn't of in the past.

The game needs commitment and that's not something I'm able or wanting to provide just now.

Davie is running the game very well and has been unlucky with a lot of the potential joinees but for anyone considering joining I can say that it's a great clan which is very professional and I can't ever recall being let down by poor hosting or annoying players.

My FMO hunger is waining so hopefully by dropping this I'll be able to put more into the EUC which I also need to give more to.

Sorry lads, I'm sure i'll be back icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

icon_frown.gifsad news icon_frown.gif

I'm going to leave the Sunday clan lads. Been thinking it over for a bit and I think it's for the best. I've not had the hunger for it for quite a while now and have been putting other things ahead of it that perhaps I wouldn't of in the past.

The game needs commitment and that's not something I'm able or wanting to provide just now.

Davie is running the game very well and has been unlucky with a lot of the potential joinees but for anyone considering joining I can say that it's a great clan which is very professional and I can't ever recall being let down by poor hosting or annoying players.

My FMO hunger is waining so hopefully by dropping this I'll be able to put more into the EUC which I also need to give more to.

Sorry lads, I'm sure i'll be back icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris no problem icon14.gif and thanks for doing the honest and correct way of letting the lads know.

right lads clan vote..............

do we get in some new blood now or leave it until the end of season or just leave it at the total we have?

email me or reply here.

if your saying yes, and know of someone then pass over there details..

one last thing outsiders please don't post here asking to join, please go thru the correct channels, which can be found at HERE

if you need more info about the game the email address can be found on in my profile.

stenhousemuir.jpg

Dumbarton(H) 10.10.09 Third Division

Score: 3-2 Win

Goals from Scott Gemmill, Aidan Connoly and new boy Steven McManus sealed a close victory over promotion contenders Dumbarton. This kept us right up there with an early hope of Automatic Promotion.

MOM: Martin Bavidge (Dumbarton)

Stenny vs Dumbarton

East Fife(A) 17.10.09 Third Division

Score: 0-0 Draw

This was a game that we should have lost but didn't thanks to The Fifers poor finishing. They had 11 shots in the game and not one on target. A poor showing from Stenny but it was a good point for us.

MOM: David King (East Fife)

East Fife vs Stenny

Berwick(H) 24.10.09 Third Division

Score: 0-0 Draw

Another poor showing from the Stenny players even with the starting eleven being shuffled around. There was no doubt we were on a downward spiral here and we needed a win as soon as.

MOM: Andy Ferguson (Berwick)

Stenny vs Berwick

Ayr(A) 31.10.09 Third Division

Score: 2-2 Draw

Halloween was a fitting day for the Stenny defence as there performance truly was a real horror show. The front men did well throughout the game but were let down by **** poor defending at the back. Ayr took the lead but it only lasted for 8 mins as a penalty from Adam Lee evened the odds. They re-took there lead only a minute later before only 2 minutes after that James Hamilton scored another equaliser for Stenny in a thrilling game.

MOM: Scott Gemmill

Ayr vs Stenny

Montrose(A) 21.11.09 Third Division

Score: 2-1 Defeat

This was a fairly even game where better finishing was the difference. 2 goals from Montrose killed us off and James Hamilton's goal late on was nothing more than a consolation. Brought our 10 game unbeaten run crashing to an end.

MOM: Bradley Johnson (Montrose)

Montrose vs Stenny

Cowdenbeath(H) 25.11.09 Third Division

Score: 1-1 Draw

This was a dire result. We had previously beaten the Beath away 4-0 and this performace was a disgrace at Home. They took the lead in the 11th minute through Matt Glass before Adam Lee equalised 7 minutes later. These performances were seriously denting our play off hopes and something had to change.

MOM: Matthew Doherty (Cowdenbeath)

Stenny vs Cowdenbeath

Forfar(H) 28.11.09 Third Division

Score: 2-0 Defeat

Embarrasing. The team had totally took a turn for the worse and even with the gaffer trying out several tactics they just weren't performing to their standard at the start of the season.

MOM: Oliver Ryan (Forfar)

Stenny vs Forfar

Ayr(A) 5.12.09 Scottish Cup 2nd Round

Score: 2-0 Win

After our latest performances I was expecting us to get gubbed here. That wasn't the case attoll. We ripped Ayr apart from start to finish though this was mainly down to their Midfielder Scott Johnstone being sent off early in the game. Two excellent goals from Scott Gemmill put our names in the hat for the next round and we could and should have went on to score a good few more.

MOM: Marc Twaddle

Ayr vs Stenny

Peterhead(A) 12.12.09 Third Division

Score: 2-0 Defeat

Simply couldn't turn our good form in the Cup game over into the league here. An easy win for leaders Peterhead who strolled through the game.

MOM: Martin Wood (Peterhead)

Peterhead vs Stenny

Elgin(A) 19.12.09 Third Division

Score: 3-2 Defeat

This was a very close game which could have went any way if it wasn't for Elgin's 20 minute flurry at the end of the game. Stenny were 2-1 up before Elgin equalised in the 75th minute and both teams were going for the precious win. It was a cruel blow when Elgin scored a winner in the last minute and it didn't help morale in the Stenny camp attoll.

MOM: Scott McCulloch (Elgin)

Elgin vs Stenny

Dumbarton(A) 26.12.09 Third Division

Score: 3-0 Defeat

Another poor performance. Stenny were really going down the toilet at this point and the scoreline says it all. Well and truly horsed.

MOM: Lionel Djebi-Zadi (Dumbarton)

Dumbarton vs Stenny

Hamilton(A) 2.1.10 Scottish Cup 3rd Round

Score: 4-1 Defeat

Never expected much from this cup game and didn't get much from the Stenny players. Happy to run home with the gate reciepts in hand and the Scott Gemmill consolation goal in another tanking.

MOM: Dubravko Tesevic (Hamilton)

Hamilton vs Stenny

East Fife(H) 6.1.10 Third Division

Score: 1-0 Defeat

One of the worst defeats all season. They took the lead in the 3rd minute and absolutely destroyed us on our own patch. Another unacceptable performance.

MOM: Paul Hilland (East Fife)

Stenny vs East Fife

Berwick(A) 9.1.10 Third Division

Score: 1-0 Win

Finally a victory!!!!!. Did well to secure the points here with our 4-4-3 formation in place. Scott Gemmill scored the vital goal and the team defended well for once and held on to the lead well. Berwick did have chance to score but this was our day. \o/

MOM: David Easton

Berwick vs Stenny

Ayr(H) 16.1.10 Third Division

Score: 1-0 Defeat

We just couldn't end the night on a high note with 2 victories in a row. Another diassapointing defeat after Aye scored with a penalty in the 36th minute. Poor night all round then.

MOM: Andrew Reilly (Ayr)

Stenny vs Ayr

How bloody depressing that was! icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

Mon teh Stenny for this Sunday icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dm_gers:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

a few defeats there icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_redface.gif Only 1 or 2

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

counted 8 there icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by __McD__:

ffs dm when wis the last time you done a match report post lol

Anyway all the best to the top scots clan icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ano mate been falling behind! icon_biggrin.gif

Catch ye later on icon_wink.gif

queenspark.jpg

Well wat can i say, i am very proud to manage Queens Park in this the best sunday scots clan, and i have found a club that truely have a great spirit. After 3 great seasons in division 3 then 2 and finally 1, i slipped up in my 4th season getting the spiders relegated.*

But in the 5th season of this legendry game i have enjoyed my most success. This season i won the league and cup double! I won the challenge cup which was huge for the club, i then went on a 9 game winning streak which established queens park as the title favourites.

Craig Campbell this season has been in outstanding form smashing in an amazing 27 goals from 37 games. But thats not what makes that impressive, he scored nearly all the goals from centre mid, surely making him one of the best midfielders in the scottish game.

All he and my team have to do now is step up to the plate in the first divison, and not try and settle for staying up but push for another consequtive promotion!

Now its time for my players to take their easy jet flights to blackpool for a great week in england!well done boys icon_biggrin.gif

Below are some stats from this historic season for Queens Park.

qp1.jpg

qp2.jpg

qp3.jpg

icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif i love this game!

albion.jpg

Last season the Accies, this season Morton

after finishing the league on such a high, 1 defeat in 12 games, things where looking good for Albion Rovers going into the play-offs this year, with the standings in the league, ARFC knew that Morton was there opponents, and with only one win against them all season, they knew it was gonna be hard.

But the ARFC faithful didn't expect there team to lay there and die in the 1st leg

GoalsMorton 3 - 1 Albion Rovers

1066409-s.gif

The ball goes out of play for a throw-in

Paul Dixon threw the ball back into play to MacGregor

David MacGregor lofted the ball 45 yards upfield

Chisholm out jumps Chris Templeman and cleared, but Templeman is down

Templeman was pushed by Iain Chisholm

Freekick to Morton

Templeman lined up the free kick

Chris Templeman hit the free kick from 35 yards

Goal TEMPLEMAN SCORED FOR MORTON!!

after 2mins of this 1st leg match its Morton who take the lead.

what a strike!

Tiernan played the ball to MacGregor's feet

Tuck read the game well to intercept the ball

Tuck was clean through behind the defence

Shaun Tuck brings the ball into the area

Shaun Tuck swivelled on the ball

Riego cleared the ball

An excellent intervention by Riego, as he punts the ball up field

oh my the bounce catches out the Albion back 4

Tiernan breaks the offside trap and is clean through on goal

Goal TIERNAN SCORED FOR MORTON!!

Albion Rovers were in danger of going under, after Tuck almost scored for Albion

58mins gone Morton are cruising with a 2-0 lead

Victor Lima carrys the ball forward, looks to find Lee Carsley with that lovely thru ball

Carsley picks up and turns

spots Johan Johansen who slots home the 3rd of the match

goal THIS IS SO EASY FOR MORTON!!

This could be the last action in this match a corner kick to Albion Rovers on the farside

Corner taken by Sichi

Sichi elected to send the corner to the edge of the area

MacGregor jumps with Tuck and cleared the ball

it drops to Henry 'Crouchie' Brown on the volley, yes

Goal NOW THATS WHAT YOU CALL A GOAL!!

a lifeline for Albion Rovers \o/

2nd leg wasn't covered by Clyde2 icon13.gif

which we won 1-0.

sadly wasn't enough to go thru, after Morton where down to 10 men after 10mins

Seasons review

Competitions

Bell's League Division Two Pro. Playoff Semi Final

CIS Cup 2nd Rnd

over all another good season, def lacked in fire power up front, looking to find a striker before the start of new season.

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer Ross Hepburn (14)

Most Assists Lee Sichi (13)

Man Of Match Iain Chisholm (6)

Yellow Cards Two players (5)

Average Rating Andy Selkirk (7.49)

top goal scorer mostly played in centre midfield, hence why we need a good striker or two

Team Stats

Matches Played 42

Goals Scored 65 (1.5)

Goals Conceded 32 (0.8)

Yellow Cards 34 (0.8)

Red Cards 1 (0.0)

Average Attendance 740

the back four is solid with Iain Chisholm Kevin O'Neil and Scott Friel, with Johan Palm sold to Aberdeen for a nice little fee, Tom Lennoxs will be drafted back in at right back.

and of course Billy Byford the keeper with 17 clean sheets in 38 games.

am aslo happy with midfield as well.

another plus saw the training facilites upgraded, from a shed to a full size wendy house icon_biggrin.gif

Prediction on next season

buying two strikers and going up

peterhead.JPG

First Season In Management by Marty Singer (Peterhead Manager)

Well this all started by accident, i was sitting in a pub in Aberdeen, complaining about how rubbish Peterhead had been playing, and after a few more drinks I was getting louder and louder, sitting behind me (i never knew at the time) was the Peterhead Chairman. He asked me why i thought they were playing rubbish and what would I do to change it. So I explained to him and even wrote part of it down. Well to my utter amazment he then asked me how much I would take a week to become their manager, of course still joking at the time I only asked for £100 a week, almost said for free. He said Deal shock my hand and walked out of the bar, i thought "werido". Well within 30 mins 2 guys in Peterhead tracksuits walked into the pub and asked me to follow them, well i thought oops im in trouble here. i was taken outside and put into a Ford Escort I was driven to peterhead and taken inside Balmoor. to my shock the guy i had spoken to in the pub was there, he shock my hand and explained to me who he was.... well now I was panicing a bit... Next thing I know the room fills with loads of press & TV guys (well 10 of them including cameramen) and the chairman spoke first and said he was happy to tell us that Mr marty Singer was now the Manager of Peterhead Football Club on a 1 year contract for a start. But I was unable to speak today because I had a throat infection. The look on my face must of spoke a 1000 words as I was in utter shock. After the press left i was still shocked but the chairman just turned and told me that he had just had a 1 year contract for £100 a week written up for me, and I should sign it and prove that i was not just talking pish. I Signed It.

In Charge

Well I was impressed by the set up within the club for playing in the Third Div it was very well formed. I had a good backroom staff, and the group fo players at the club ranged from youngests of 17 to vets of 35 yrs old.

I decided i would try and take onboard one more coach to help me out and signed Rory Delap as a Player Coach, he was only a player for 4 month before he retired. He now the Under 19 Coach.

I only signed 2 players to try and freshen the squad as the manager before me had gone a little mad and signed 12 players preseason. I brought in:

Darren Gribben ST - Free

Ross McKenzie DM - Free

I changed the formation around and played a

4-1-3-2

The season began well, I had missed the first 6 matches which we had lost 3 drawn 1 won 2.

I told the guys what i expected and they fully agreed and everyone of them agreed to give 100% to me and to the club, so we decided to start the season again (in our own minds) We started almost straight away on our winning ways with defeats coming against teams we maybe should have beaten, but when you are promoted and win the league by 21 points and have a +43 gd one or two errors is not too bad.

This Seasons Records

Cups

Scottish Cup - 6th Round beaten by Celtic 4 - 0(A)

League cup & Challenge cup - knocked out of both before I joined.

Biggest Win: 5 - 1 v Berwick(A) Scottish Cup

Biggest league Win - 4 - 0 Cowdenbeath(H) League

Biggest Defeat - 0 - 4 Celtic(A) Scottich Cup

Highest scoring game - 5 - 4 Cowdenbeath(A) League

Most Games won in a row = 8

Most games lost in a row = 2

Most games without losing = 8

Most games without winning = 4 ( 3 draws 1 loss)

Top 3 Goal Scorers =

Martin Wood - 18

Romone Rose - 16

Darren Gribben - 12

Money Spent on players = £0

Money recieved from players sale = £50000

Best gate payment = £500000 v Celtic(A) Scottish Cup

The Future

Well we will be back in Div Two next season and i have been offered a four year deal now by the Chairman. I want the guys to do well next season, and bearing in mind that we will be new to the league I am aiming for a mid-table finish, anything better would be amaxing for the club and myself.

Marty Singer

MANAGER

Peterhead Football Club

stenhousemuir.jpg

Poor Season For Stenny

My first season in charge of Stenny goes down as a poor one then after leading them to an 8th placed finish in the Scottish Third Division.

Final League Table

Scott Gemmill won fans player of the year and he was doing well towards the end of the season and was a standout from a poor side.

Gemmill

As you can see he got 20 goals for us but it was too late to start hitting the net as our Play Off hopes ended months before the end of the season.

There will be a big change next season at Stenny with 9 players already being confirmed as being released after there contracts expiring. I'll have a 55k transfer budget plus any money we get from selling some of our current players.

We look forward to the new season then, with hopefully a good few new signings coming in to help us in a bid for promotion!

icon_wink.gif

si%20forum%20banner.JPG

the current line up

who will be doing battle in the 6th season

2010/11

Bell's League Division One

Stevie Plumb

queenspark.jpg

Simon Hay

arbroath.jpg

Taavi Hinno

eaststirling.jpg

Davie Orr

albion.jpg

Marty Singer

peterhead.JPG

Orhun Ozdemir

montrose.jpg

Bell's League Division Three

David McGowan

stenhousemuir.jpg

Jim Barclay

berwick.jpg

Andy Bannister

elgin.jpg

Ed Reyonlds

cowdenbeath.jpg

Stewart Roberston *

ayrutd.JPG

Chris Nicol*

eastfife.jpg

Robert McDougall

stirling4vk.png

This season gonna be good icon14.gif again

* are slowly dying off

albion.jpg

6th season

after last season with spending £275k on players and with most of them proving not to be good enough

He's added two more scouts in the hope to get the best of the worst

and so he's signed the following.....................

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 8.6.2010 | Lee, Peter | Free Transfer | Free |

| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 15.6.2010 | O'Brien, Ian | Free Transfer | Free |

| 17.6.2010 | Bacon, Danny | Mangotsfield | £30K |

| 19.6.2010 | Robinson, Brian | Free Transfer | Free |

| 21.6.2010 | Rae, Andy | Eastbourne Boro | £30K |

| 25.6.2010 | Mitchell, Dave | Free Transfer | Free |

| 1.7.2010 | McLean, Kenny | Arbroath | Free |

| 8.7.2010 | Butler, Paul | Free Transfer | Free |

| 14.7.2010 | Peters, Mark | Farsley | £22K |

| 29.7.2010 | Sideserf, Mark | North Ferriby | £22K |

| | Total | | £100K |

with the following either being allowed to leave on a free or sold

| Date | Person | To | Fee |

| 6.6.2010 | Ewings, Jamie | Dumbarton | £55K |

| 6.6.2010 | Palm, Johan | Aberdeen | £500K |

| 1.7.2010 | Halliday, Craig | Woking | Free |

| 1.7.2010 | Greenlees, Peter | Stranraer | Free |

| 11.7.2010 | Douglas, Ian | Free Transfer | Free |

| 11.7.2010 | Jordan, Marcus | Free Transfer | Free |

| | Total | | £550K |

| | | | |

pleasing as it seems the profit of over £400k Orr has been struggling to bring in the players he wants

Joe Sagar signing for Stenhousemuir in the 3rd after refusing to speak with Orr on terms, the former Dumbarton goal machine Calum Smith who choose Livingston , even thou the rumours had it Orr offered the younger £600 more than Livi a week, and former Partick Ths right back Paul Nugent who signed for Queens Park on £200 a week while it was stated in the media that Orr had offered him no less than £800 a week.

and with the upgrade of training ground to good facilities

we have also seen a few more coaches been added to the backroom staff.

Current Staff

| Weekly wage | Expires |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Chairman | David Shanks | - | SCO | Unknown | F/T | - | - |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Gen Mgr | John Reynolds | - | SCO | Unknown | F/T | - | - |

| Director | Thomas Young | - | SCO | Unknown | F/T | - | - |

| Director | Robert Watt | - | SCO | Unknown | F/T | - | - |

| Manager | Davie Orr | Senior Squad | SCO | Obscure | F/T | £120 | 30.6.2013|

| Asst Mgr | Jim Chapman | Senior Squad | SCO | Obscure | F/T | £30 | 30.6.2014|

| Coach | Paul Smith | Senior Squad | SCO | Obscure | F/T | £25 | 30.6.2013|

| Coach | Craig Robertson | Senior Squad | SCO | Unknown | F/T | £25 | 30.6.2015|

| Coach | Scott Mckenna Ramsey | Senior Squad | SCO | Obscure | F/T | £25 | 30.6.2015| Free

| Coach | Shaun McSkimming | Senior Squad | SCO | Unknown | F/T | £30 | 30.6.2014|

| Coach | Rab McKinnon | Senior Squad | SCO | Unknown | F/T | £30 | 30.6.2015| E.K Thistle £1k

| Coach | Billy McKinlay | Senior Squad | SCO | Local | F/T | £40 | 30.6.2015|

| Coach | Hugh McCann | Senior Squad | SCO | Unknown | F/T | £25 | 30.6.2015| Alloa £4k

| Coach | Bobby Geddes | Senior Squad | SCO | Obscure | F/T | £25 | 30.6.2015|

| Coach | Steve Cooper | Senior Squad | ENG | Unproven | F/T | £40 | 30.6.2015| Free

| Coach | John Bell | Senior Squad | SCO | Obscure | F/T | £25 | 30.6.2011|

| Coach | Simon Bassey | Senior Squad | ENG | Unproven | F/T | £40 | 30.6.2015| AFC Wimbledon £6k

| Coach | Sandy Stewart | Reserve Squad | SCO | Local | F/T | £70 | 30.6.2015|

| Coach | John McGlashan | Reserve Squad | SCO | Obscure | F/T | £45 | 30.6.2011|

| Physio | Derek Kelly | Senior Squad | SCO | Unknown | F/T | £20 | 30.6.2014|

| Scout | Ronnie Scott | Senior Squad | SCO | Obscure | F/T | £15 | 30.6.2012|

| Scout | John Robertson | Senior Squad | SCO | Obscure | F/T | £15 | 30.6.2015| Brechin £1k

| Scout | Craig Paterson | Senior Squad | SCO | Obscure | F/T | £15 | 30.6.2012|

| Scout | Kenny Mcrae | Senior Squad | SCO | Unknown | F/T | £15 | 30.6.2015|

| Scout | Gary Locke | Senior Squad | SCO | Unknown | F/T | £15 | 30.6.2015| Free

| Scout | Steven Kerr | Senior Squad | SCO | Obscure | F/T | £15 | 30.6.2012|

the plan is simple, make do with what I've got, look at the vast amount of kids we have signed in the last two seasons, bring them on and hopfully getting one or two of them making the grade.

the 2nds have won there league for the last 3 seasons while the U19's have been finishing top 3.

now bring on the season icon14.gif

fixtures to follow.................

stenhousemuir.jpg

Big Changes At Stenny

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Stenhousemuir manager David McGowan has made massive changes at the club for the new season, bringing in 11 new players and weilding the axe on 18 players who he branded, "A ****ing waste of space". The outspoken manager recieved money for only one of these players, Anthony Baxter who he sold for 1k. The rest were all free transfers which meant he made a loss of 29k in the summer.

The biggest coups he brought in were young winger, Liam Maloney and Goalkeeper, Joe Sagar. Maloney had an offer from Peterhead on the table and choose Stenny over the Third Division Champions, this was a simliar case to Ex Ger Sager, who choose Stenny over Davie Orr's Albion Rovers. Both have proved excellent signings so far this season.

21 year old Sagar took an interesting swipe at the Rovers manager after signing for Stenny, citing Orr's 'interests' in signing young boys as his reason for rejecting his offer. He then went on, " There's something funny about that Orr, I'm glad I wasn't roped into his plans".

The debate rumbles on... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here are the transfers in full.

Players In

Bobby Robinson 28k Farsley

Joe Sagar 0 Queen of Sth

Gabriele Cavallero Free Transfer

Iain Russell Free Transfer

Gary Wild Free Transfer

James McKinstry Free Transfer

Callum Little Free Transfer

Steven Miller Free Transfer

Chris liddle 1k Bury

Liam Maloney 1k Partick Thistle

Allan Michael Free Transfer

Players Out

Anthony Baxter 1k Dumbarton

Andy Arbuckle Free Transfer

Gary Thom Free Transfer

Kieran Smith Free Transfer

Eamonn Fullerton Free Transfer

Carl Fry Free Transfer

Sean Eardley Free Transfer

Gary Baird Free Transfer

Kris Griffin Free Transfer

Colin Robertson Free Transfer

Colin Baker Free Transfer

Darrell Cox Free Transfer

Chris Fahey Free Transfer

John Holmes Free Transfer

Dean Clements Free Transfer

Daniel Moore Free Transfer

Darren Hanlin Free Transfer

Marc McAusland. Free Transfer

Match Reports coming up, on what was a good start to the season for The Warriors. icon14.gif

albion.jpg

Raging Orr

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

The-Scottish-Sun-logo-new.jpg

21 year old Sagar took an interesting swipe at the Rovers manager after signing for Stenny, citing Orr's 'interests' in signing young boys as his reason for rejecting his offer. He then went on, " There's something funny about that Orr, I'm glad I wasn't roped into his plans".

The debate rumbles on...

Keith Jackson

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

KJ [Phoning Orr for Interview] 01752 "$£%^&(* canny believe he still lives in Plymouth while he's managing the Wee Rovers, then again who wants to live in Coatbridge

Davie Orr "Hello, good afternoon"

KJ " hi there Davie it's Keith Jackson from the Scottish Sun, just calling about the Joe Sagar quote and to hear your side of the story"

DO " what story this by the way?

KJ " Joe Sagar claiming "There's something funny about that Orr, I'm glad I wasn't roped into his plans", kinda hinting you have other reasons to sign kids"

DO " to help them on there way to be superstars"[ pause ] right theres the wife must dash"

stenhousemuir.jpg

Pre-Season Friendlies

Stenny vs Clyde

Stenny vs Inverness CT

Stenny vs Ross County

Stenny vs Birmingham Reserves

Stenny vs Crusaders

Onto The New Season!

berwickhome7zo.png VS stenhousemuirhome8iw.png

Berwick(A) 31.7.10 Bell's Challenge Cup 1st Round

Score: Berwick 2 Stenny 2. Stenny Win 3-2 on Pens.

The new look Stenny side took to the pitch with an air of confidence around them, but were sharply brought back down to earth when Berwick front man Sean Simpson scored in the 13th minute. The rest of the half passed without much action and almost straight from the kick off in the second half Stenny scored. McManus played a through ball to Russell and the new signing's cross/shot somehow found it's way past Neil Etheridge. The rest of the game was fairly even with Berwick passing up plenty of chances to score however. Into Extra Time then.

Heart break for Stenny came when Manuella scored in the 101st minute and after that I thought the game was over. We pushed a few more forward and hoped for the best and this paid off when amazingly Taylworth's cross found Steve Fortune waiting at the back post to pass into the back of the net! Marc Twaddle scored the winning penalty of what was a great game and a great result.

Berwick vs Stenny

dumbartonhome0mu.png VS stenhousemuirhome8iw.png

Dumbarton(A) 7.8.10 Third Division

Score: Dumbarton 0 Stenny 0

Not alot of action in this game with both teams strikers not doing the business here. There were alot of chances in the game however most of them didn't hit the target and this resulted in a rather dull game. A good point away from home none the less.

Dumbarton vs Stenny

stenhousemuirhome8iw.png VS rosscountyhome6bd.png

Ross County(H) 10.8.10 CIS Cup 1st Round

Score: Stenny 0 Ross County 2

It was always going to be tough coming up against the First Division side here and the players did fairly well here even though we were beaten. Alan Yakin unlocked our defence in the 14th minute before Winter got another for Ross County before half time. Never had a great record in the cups and this continued on here.

Stenny vs Ross County

berwickhome7zo.png VS stenhousemuirhome8iw.png

Berwick(A) 14.8.10 Third Division

Score: Berwick 0 Stenny 0

Had alot of confidence of getting a win here after our heroics in the cup. This was boosted in the 18th minute when Berwick defender Jim Bentley was sent off for a dirty tackle on a Stenny player angryfire.gif. We went through this game playing very well getting 4 shots on target and on a lucky day maybe one of them would have went in. However credit must be gave to Berwick for keeping us out and there keeper and defence played very well. Slight dissapointed with the result though still undefeated in the league so far icon_biggrin.gif

Berwick vs Stenny

stenhousemuir.jpg

Turn Around In Fortunes

stenhousemuirhome8iw.png VS cowdenbeathhome3hi.png

Cowdenbeath(H) 21.8.10 Third Division

Score: Stenny 4 Cowdenbeath 1

A win in the league \o/. What a win it was aswell, we dominated from start to finish in this game. The rout started in the 34th minute when Russell tapped in from close range. We had to wait a long time for another goal but we had plenty of chances to score but just weren't taking them. Richardson cross found Gemmill in the 63rd minute and he headed in the second. Minutes later however, things got uncomfortable when the Beath pulled one back, putting the win into doubt.

Russell then put the game beyond doubt, thankfully, in the 87th minute before a deflected Connelly shot put the icing on the cake in the dying seconds. Excellent win then and well overdue icon_smile.gif.

Stenny vs Cowdenbeath

stenhousemuirhome8iw.png VS stirlingaway1ti.png

Stirling(H) 28.8.10 Third Division

Score: Stenny 3 Stirling 0

Delighted at this win. Everyone in the team turned on the style again and things looked like they were finally coming together. Scott Gemmill fired us ahead early on in the game with a lovely shot in the box. The next goal was one of the best I've ever saw and it was from Gabriel Cavallero, the Centre Back. The ball came back out from the Stirling box, and while the ball was in the air he unleashed a wicked volley from about 30 yards that went straight in. Unstoppable.

We dominated the rest of the game and young Liam Maloney got his first goal for the club in the last minute from the penalty spot. This put us into a play off spot and a few points off top spot.

Stenny vs Stirling

stenhousemuirhome8iw.png VS stjohnstonehome6cy.png

St.Johnstone(H) 31.8.10 Bell's Challenge Cup 2nd Round

Score: Stenny 1 St.Johnstone 3

Up against another First Division team and we never really did have a chance in this game. St.Johnstone dominated and took the lead in the 14th minute deservedly. Iain Russell pulled one back for us 5 minutes later but they went on to score another 2 before half time that sealed the win for them.

A good effort here however and looking good for our next league game. icon14.gif

Stenny vs St.Johnstone

eastfifehome8uf.png VS

stenhousemuirhome8iw.png

East Fife(A) 11.9.10 Third Division

Score: Stenny 3 East Fife 2

What a game and what a result this was. Was important we kept the momentum going and making it 3 wins on the trot in the league was a major improvment. It started Oh, so brightly when Russell latched onto a Gemmill rebound to put us 1 up. The build up play was nice here and it was a good goal. Russell then went onto score a magical, individual effort in the 33rd minute to continue his wonderful form. It really was a great goal and we were looking good for the win here. East Fife then pulled one back before HT to force us to come out in the second half, looking for another goal.

Young Maloney scored a lovely goal in the 59th minute to give us back our 2 goal advantage but East Fife yet again chopped this down to one a few minutes later. There were chance in the game but the victory was ours and what a good one it was.

Stenny vs East Fife

Excellent night all round then for Stenny who sit top of the Third Division and have a good chance of Promotion this year icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

eaststirling.jpg

Season 10/11

The pre-season!

After ending season 9/10 above all expectations, we were looking to go a step further on season 10/11 and fight for promotion (aim: at least playoffs).

Keeping the current squad and adding some quality (especially in defence) was the aim during the pre-season. Also there was a free-release sweep in the reserves and youth squds, which left lot of players jobless, but we really do not have enough cash to hold players on payroll who have no chance of improving the team. And they can get their 10pounds per week recycling plastic bottles or sweeping the streets. So it was a win-win situation for all parties (in my point of view).

On the 'players out for something' side we managed to sell a young, quite promising GK from the reserves to div 1 team (can't remeber the name of the team nor the player) for 0, but with 40% sell on clause. Investment for the future!

After free-releaseing all the crap players, the team positions were in following state:

Goalkeeping was OK. No strenghtening needed. We had our 'no.1', Michael Andrews, with '#2', Ben Hamer, giving good cover in case of injury. The technical abilities of all GK are good (can catch the ball, what else do you need!icon_smile.gif), but they might lack some pace and some times be out of position, but hey... its the second div! You have to me out of position when a div 2 striker mishits the ball!

Defence was one of the weak spots. Especially CD. Last season we had 2 towering CB, who could only jump high and clear the aerial balls, but on the ground... no comments! Besides they were old (even older than me!icon_smile.gif and one of them was free-released during the summer (guess I don't like players older than me and besides, he did not impress at the end of the season whence a younger, shorter and less experienced player Sam Baldock was used in his position). So that meant one of the priorities was to find a good CB, who could take the starting place in my defence, as Sam Baldock, who I was using in the end of the season, did not impress that much.

With full backs I had no big concerns, only thing was lack of competition for LB position.

Central midfield was OK. There was a good player in every position and decent backup available in case crises or fatigue hits.

Wingers were half OK. On the left side there were 3 left footed left wingers and all of them decent: Ross Fox, Adam Comrie first teamers and Allan Johnston reserves. Nothing exceptional, but for div 2 they do the job.

There was a slight problem on the right, though. Not having quality nor players fighting for that position. Basically only Ralph Welch was valid to play there. And he was promoted grey player from year 2007/8. In case of emergency I have been using a right footed AMCL Stuart Callaghan on the AMR, but it is not the solution. I have been looking for somebody else for that position from season to season, but have not yet found anybody who was willing to join me. I have of course couple of youth players, who might be contending to that position, but that we will see.

Striking force was, as most of the team, decent. We had our star striker, Irons (who also was the Player of the Year, top goalscorer and assister of 09/10), and 2 other strikers who I used depending on my mood.

So based on the above I went to pre-season transfer market with main intentions to sign defenders, but as always: if anything else good comes up, i'll take it!

Pre-season transfers!

My scouts were all over UK and Ireland, looking for players to strenghten the squad. There were couple of quality players, which were interested in joining my team (at least listening to my offers), but unfortunately there were other teams offering them the 'chance to shine', so apparently they thought The Shire was not the best choice for them (that shows how much they know!!!).

In the end I again signed quite a few players (most of them 'potential stars of the future') but I will here name the ones who will be playing part in my season 10/11 first team:

Paul Hilland LB

Steven McBride SW, CB

Steven Desmond ST

Lee Adams AMC

Hillard, McBride and Desmond will be used as first teamers from the beginning of the season, Lee Adams as a Rotation player. I hoped these players will improve the squad a bit, even though they were not (maybe with exeption of McBride, i have good feeling about him) what I exactly was looking and hoping for.

The start of the season!

During the preseason friendlies, I was experimention new formations, 4-2-1-2-1 and 4-1-1-2-2, but not getting results! That was really frustrating as it seemed I cannot come up with a working formation on time! As if I had not enough problems, my first competitive game was against tough opposition: LCC 1st rnd against Morton AWAY! C'mon, give me a break! Morton had been in div 2 last season and was promoted via Playoffs to div 1. I had some experience playing against them and the best result I could get was a LUCKY draw (maybe even twice) and nothing more. But during pre-season they had brought in some good players, so getting a win or even a draw away would have been a magnificent result. I knew it was a battle which was very hard for me to get anything out of, but I was optimistic (even though my tactics were screwed up and there was no way I could get a 100% working formation ready for that game).

When the match day came, I went back to fomration from last season with some new intrustions for individual players and the team. I really hoped it will work. The first half was more than I expected. We were playing good, hold posession and got the lead midway in the first half. But unfortunately they managed to come back before ht. Then i might have done a mistake by telling the lads, that they were doing good and I was really happy with them, as the second half was a disaster. We started losing posession, Morton was pushing like crazy. And in the end we had to give in and in the end the final score 1-4 to Morton was a just result.

After the game I was still a bit sceptic about my formation and tactics, which made me alter it before the game againt newly promoted Peterhead.

Peterhead had been unreachable for other div 3 teams during most of season 9/10 meaning they should have the quality to stay in div 2 without much effort and possible get promotion to div 1 with their first try. So our aim before the game was to bring Peterhead down to earth and show them what div 2 and the Shire is all about... but that plan failed miserably. With huge help from referee (my team getting 2 red cards!) Peterhead beat us 0-4! Discrace! That loss had a very negative effect on players confidence and was not very helpful for my next game: CIC Cup 1st rnd Dundee Utd AWAY. Game over, 0-3. I must say, the cup draws have been worst possible this season. So out of first 2 cups. Back to my league games.

After Dundee game I changed my tactics and formation once again and it finally started to bring some result! Win away to Stranraer 2-0, win home to one of the promotion contenders Albion Rovers 1-0, win away to seems as if this seasons outsiders Abroath 5-0 and draw to midtable Brechin 1-1 brought back confidence and true belief that we will do well this season.

After 5 leagu games I was on 3-1-1 and looking good. Coming games against Queen of Sth, Airdrie and Livingston will hopefully continue bringing joy to the shirelings all over the world!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Polo:

icon14.gif

Top Signing Iain Russell DM. He might save you from the sack!! icon_razz.gif

Iain-Russell-Oct-05-w.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i thou for a moment i was in Rics thread and Taav had posted in the wrong place icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TafKin:

not this time icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but still a great post mate icon14.gif

si%20forum%20banner.JPG

Lastest Leagues from the 12/01/11-6th Season

Scottish Div1

| Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 1st | | St. Johnstone | | 21 | 13 | 5 | 3 | 40 | 14 | +26 | 44 |

| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| 2nd | | Dundee Utd | | 21 | 12 | 7 | 2 | 37 | 20 | +17 | 43 |

| 3rd | | Gretna | | 21 | 10 | 3 | 8 | 32 | 34 | -2 | 33 |

| 4th | stevie| Queen's Park | | 21 | 9 | 3 | 9 | 37 | 32 | +5 | 30 |

| 5th | | Morton | | 21 | 9 | 3 | 9 | 29 | 28 | +1 | 30 |

| 6th | | Raith | | 21 | 8 | 6 | 7 | 31 | 31 | 0 | 30 |

| 7th | | Inverness CT | | 21 | 9 | 3 | 9 | 31 | 36 | -5 | 30 |

| 8th | | Ross County | | 21 | 5 | 7 | 9 | 35 | 35 | 0 | 22 |

| 9th | | Clyde | | 21 | 3 | 8 | 10 | 23 | 44 | -21 | 17 |

| 10th | | Hamilton | | 21 | 2 | 5 | 14 | 28 | 49 | -21 | 11 |

Scottish Div2

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| 1st | | Livingston | | 21 | 14 | 2 | 5 | 35 | 13 | +22 | 44 |

| 2nd | | Airdrie Utd | | 21 | 13 | 3 | 5 | 35 | 21 | +14 | 42 |

| 3rd | Davie | Albion Rovers | | 21 | 12 | 4 | 5 | 36 | 17 | +19 | 40 |

| 4th | Marty | Peterhead | | 21 | 12 | 3 | 6 | 44 | 16 | +28 | 39 |

| 5th | Nuke | Montrose | | 21 | 10 | 6 | 5 | 29 | 25 | +4 | 36 |

| 6th | Tav | East Stirling | | 21 | 8 | 5 | 8 | 25 | 21 | +4 | 29 |

| 7th | | Queen of Sth | | 21 | 7 | 4 | 10 | 22 | 28 | -6 | 25 |

| 8th | | Brechin | | 21 | 3 | 9 | 9 | 19 | 28 | -9 | 18 |

| 9th | | Stranraer | | 21 | 4 | 4 | 13 | 14 | 35 | -21 | 16 |

| 10th | | Arbroath | | 21 | 1 | 2 | 18 | 11 | 66 | -55 | 5 |

Simon finally got the sack on the 26/09/10 from Arbroath

Scottish Div3

| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts |

| 1st | McD | Stirling | | 21 | 12 | 5 | 4 | 39 | 22 | +17 | 41 |

| 2nd | Jim | Berwick | | 21 | 11 | 6 | 4 | 35 | 23 | +12 | 39 |

| 3rd | Andy | Elgin | | 21 | 10 | 4 | 7 | 34 | 24 | +10 | 34 |

| 4th | Ed | Cowdenbeath | | 21 | 10 | 3 | 8 | 33 | 29 | +4 | 33 |

| 5th | Sav | Ayr | | 21 | 7 | 8 | 6 | 25 | 29 | -4 | 29 |

| 6th | | Dumbarton | | 21 | 7 | 7 | 7 | 33 | 25 | +8 | 28 |

| 7th | DM | Stenhousemuir | | 21 | 7 | 7 | 7 | 28 | 28 | 0 | 28 |

| 8th | | Forfar | | 21 | 8 | 4 | 9 | 22 | 24 | -2 | 28 |

| 9th | | Alloa | | 21 | 5 | 4 | 12 | 20 | 43 | -23 | 19 |

| 10th | | East Fife | | 21 | 1 | 6 | 14 | 12 | 34 | -22 | 9 |

Chris was offically sacked on the 27/11/10 from East Fife, last we heard he's quit football to be a actor icon_cool.gif

older leagues and stuff

Next Session Sunday at 18:00gmt

icon14.gif

albion.jpg

2000 and not out

was the banner held high on the match against

East Stirling, as Orr on the 31st of Dec had spend 2000 days in office at Cliftonhill.

With one League title under his belt (3rd div 07/08), and runners up in this years Bell's Scottish League Challenge Cup, Albions 1st major cup final since 1920, only a wait of 90years.

and with the team still in the thick of things for the race for the title in the 2nd, could this be Orr's greateat season yet????

Next Match

Opponent Livingston (P Fairclough)

Date Sat, 15.1.2011, 15:00 (in 3 days)

Venue Cliftonhill, Coatbridge

Previous Meeting Livingston 3-0 Albion Rovers (3.11.2010)

Weather Forecast Wet 3°C

sure to be a cracking game with us on a wee roll and only 4 pts behind Livingston, it will be attack attack attack.

Fixtures & Results

01.01 A East Stirling 2 : 0

08.01 A Partick 1 : 2 SC 3rd rd

15.01 H Livingston SD2

22.01 A Airdrie Utd SD2

29.01 H Montrose SD2

05.02 A Queen of Sth SD2

with Livi then Airdrie and a visit from Montrose in the next 3 games, and with those teams all in the hunt for the title is gonna be a hard few weeks, but am looking to get all 9pts

Competitions

Bell's League Division Two 3rd (Possible Finish: 1st-10th)

CIS Cup 3rd Rnd

Bell's Scottish League Challenge Cup Runners-up (v St. Johnstone)

1st Livingston 21 +22 44

2nd Airdrie Utd 21 +14 42

3rd Albion Rovers 21 +19 40

4th Peterhead 21 +28 39

5th Montrose 21 +4 36

6th East Stirling 21 +4 29

7th Queen of Sth 21 -6 25

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer Joe Brown (17)

Most Assists Henry Brown (8)

Man Of Match Andy Selkirk (4)

Yellow Cards Ross Hepburn (4)

Red Cards Tom Lennox (1)

Average Rating Andy Selkirk (7.50)

am still on the look out for a out and out striker and 1 or 2 players just to fill out where i feel the team needs it

Team Stats

Matches Played 31

Goals Scored 50 (1.6)

Goals Conceded 25 (0.8)

Yellow Cards 20 (0.6)

Red Cards 1 (0.0)

Average Attendance 775

Transfers In/Out

In

Dean Doroudge from Queen of the South £7k

Richard Palmer, Steve J

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakeyrocket:

I've just taken over Arbroath in the game but i'll be late for tonights session-should be on by 9. sorry guys work commitments n all jpshakehead.sml.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think you need to be checking which threads you post in before you post icon_biggrin.gif

keep walking this way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the other Scots Sunday p.s don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by __McD__:

06.00 LIGHTWEIGHT how about 18.00 to 18.00 icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah and at 18:30, am striaght into the EUC game, after 20 cups of coffee icon_biggrin.gif

Archived