The Scots Sunday Clan 2006

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did everyone get my email regarding starting a new game on the Sunday?

If not here it is

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Gents,

Would you guys want to make the Euro clan a 3 times a week thing permanently or would you be interested in starting a nice shiny new sunday bad boy?

Choices available would be to pinch the savegame of Iain for the current sunday clan or start again with something totally fresh.

I personally would love to get a game going with just 1 or 2 nations where we are all in the same league, preferrably top flight. I thought the SPL game was great fun when we were constantly playing each other and all had targets including fighting each other for survival.

If we could get a idea of numbers then we could pick a suitable league, we could perhaps even customise a league to give everyone a level playing ground and their favoured teams.

Perhaps we could also try a World Cup game?

Plenty of options available. The euro game is good fun and addictive but it is dragging a bit speed wise and I think it could be fun to get a 1 a week turbo game on the go.

Thoughts genteeeeeeelmen. (and possibly genteeeeelgal) If i've missed anyone on this list please forward it on icon_smile.gif

Cheers,

Chris </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically for me the most exciting thing about online play is pitting your wits against other humans and the best way to do this is to get a league where we have as few ai bosses as possible. I'm sure that we could attract some experienced online players with such a game.

I also have to admit that I just can't be arsed with another div 3 scotland game, appeal just isn't there for me just now. Div 1 could be interesting but i'm sure there must be plenty other leagues we could find.

How many bodies do we have to begin with for the Sunday session should we break open a shiny new game and what's the thoughts on this?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

Did everyone get my email regarding starting a new game on the Sunday?

If not here it is

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Gents,

Would you guys want to make the Euro clan a 3 times a week thing permanently or would you be interested in starting a nice shiny new sunday bad boy?

Choices available would be to pinch the savegame of Iain for the current sunday clan or start again with something totally fresh.

I personally would love to get a game going with just 1 or 2 nations where we are all in the same league, preferrably top flight. I thought the SPL game was great fun when we were constantly playing each other and all had targets including fighting each other for survival.

If we could get a idea of numbers then we could pick a suitable league, we could perhaps even customise a league to give everyone a level playing ground and their favoured teams.

Perhaps we could also try a World Cup game?

Plenty of options available. The euro game is good fun and addictive but it is dragging a bit speed wise and I think it could be fun to get a 1 a week turbo game on the go.

Thoughts genteeeeeeelmen. (and possibly genteeeeelgal) If i've missed anyone on this list please forward it on icon_smile.gif

Cheers,

Chris </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically for me the most exciting thing about online play is pitting your wits against other humans and the best way to do this is to get a league where we have as few ai bosses as possible. I'm sure that we could attract some experienced online players with such a game.

I also have to admit that I just can't be arsed with another div 3 scotland game, appeal just isn't there for me just now. Div 1 could be interesting but i'm sure there must be plenty other leagues we could find.

How many bodies do we have to begin with for the Sunday session should we break open a shiny new game and what's the thoughts on this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we'll discuss this tonight, over a game of E.U.C.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

hell yeah Dogs icon_wink.gif

this time the Huns win icon_rolleyes.gif

we could also add in a Edinburgh team -Hearibs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave the huns were unfit last time, well me and gaz were. you could tell some of the tic played every week icon_biggrin.gif

but always up for another thrashing icon_wink.gif

oh aye I thought in the sunday game we all played more or less in the same division

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

Dave the huns were unfit last time, well me and gaz were. you could tell some of the tic played every week icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like 44 year old me? icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Ric:

are you going to bring rosco out of retirement for the game ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We’d have to send out a search party, it would be great to have someone in the team to shout (sorry) drive us on, to motivate us when were getting pumped.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sav112:

Aye jim but you had runners like Bod and Dogs and could pick your runs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely you mean 'God' not 'Bod'? icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Ric:

jimbhoy what you dont know is rosco has been away in training and thats why hes not been about hes now across between lampard and ziddane!with the fitness to motor up and down the park! comon the gers 5! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was 28-11 in game 1 and 35-8 in game 2, even a cross between Lampard & Zidane wouldn't have helped. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sy:

sadly jimbo was fitter than most of the huns that day! hope yer keeping well jimbhoy!! icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

keeping well Sy, you had a shower yet? icon_razz.gif

I'm seriously considering playing in the Sunday Clan depending on what you lot decide for the way forward.

Right as far as I know we don’t have the Sunday game yet, so after seven I’ll come back and see if that’s changed if not then I’ll throw up the EU game….

Jimbo back in management

icon14.gif

siforum_banner.jpg

right after a minor set back the The Great Scots Sunday Clan is back

Tomorrow at 17:30pm(t+t) Kick off 18:00

John Paul Remington

what can i say? he gave me my break in CMO, taught me nearly everything i know, but he's still a Celtic fan(no one prefect).

so in his honour, we're keeping his game alive(in till it crashes)

good luck with the 4th scotish clan re your claims of being the 1st sorry to disapoint you but the 1st clan was run by roso which i joined i think for his 2nd champ man game ;-) best of luck anyway all joking aside </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll leave this one for Sav to answer icon_biggrin.gif

No need mate we know were No1, and not a cheep imitation here that reminds me good luck Rick on your game. Ross started it and its core is still the same, played in the spirit of the original by most of its members.

Just had a wee read of the “THE SCOTTISH CLAN 2nd Meet up & Drivel Thread†good fun that it was.

ClanMeetup2003TeamPic.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

Sav in a Celtic strip icon_cool.gificon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lets be honest Jimbhoy he looks a touch lost

where were you at the 1st meet ????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope not online mate, so where were you at the main meet the best one? the one we all talk about. the one above.

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

Not on the park, he was well involved in the Celtic 28 Rangers 11 scoreline. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sav grrrrrrrrr

how could you icon15.gif

Forgive me for my sins, I was talked into it. icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

let me think about it icon_rolleyes.gif

where were you at the 1st meet ????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope not online mate, so where were you at the main meet the best one? the one we all talk about. the one above.

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 1st meet-up was for the World Cup draw, Fat Ric turned up in his Engerlund top icon13.gif

We did a draw in the pub, I got Engerlund, I got drawn against Jeff Duke who was Scotland in the World Cup play-offs with Scotland winning, CLASS icon_biggrin.gif

albion.jpg

Update on matches, so far

Scottish Division 3

Peterhead SD3 [a]2-0 [h]2-2

East Stirling SD3 [a]0-1 [h]0-0

Berwick SD3 [a]2-2 [h]1-1

Arbroath SD3 [h]2-0 [a]2-0

Montrose SD3 [a]0-2 [h]2-1

Elgin SD3 [h]1-0 [a]2-1

East Fife SD3 [a]2-2

Ayr SD3 [h]3-2

Cowdenbeath [a]0-7

Tennent's Scottish Cup

East Fife [h] 2-1 1st rd

Coldstream [a] 2-0 2nd rd

Stenhousemuir [a] 3-0 3rd rd

Top goal scorers

Stephen Donnachie 8

Garry Fleming 4

Phil Creaney 4

Tommy Franch 3

Stephen Larkin 3

Ciaran Donnelly 3

Scott Friel 3

Transfers In

Nicky Riley Partick Ths £4k

ayrutd.JPG

Ayr call for a change

Struggling Ayr utd have hired unknown manager Jim Barclay in a bid to turn around the clubs on and off field fortunes. Lying dead last in the Scottish third division they felt that a new manager with a new approach was needed.

Barclay said it was going to be tough to stop the freefall especially with the lack of funding available.

Guest sav112

seen that a faw days ago with him being a BF2 players but love the Text thats been added, Bod you did'nt do that did you?

icon_biggrin.gif

siforum_banner.jpg

theres a few spaces in the Scots Sunday Game, that are up for grabs

the spaces will be made availabe at the end of the 2nd season/start of 3rd season

only genuine hardcore players need apply

all successful applicants will start in the Scottish 3rd division(teams will be offered,when you join)

the Scots Sunday rules are the same as the E.U.C rules with the addition of the Ferguson Clause, which is you can't join a EPL club unless you lift a European trophy with a Scottish club(that doesn't include the Inter-toto cup)

game times are Sundays only from 18:00 gmt in till 00:00 gmt

only genuine players

thanks

montrose.jpg

After finishing Scottish 3rd Divison 2nd and getting Scottish Third Divison Manager of the Year award, Montrose boss Orhun Ozdemir decided to end his professional career. After that surprise decision, in October his son Orhun Ozdemir II announced as the new Montrose boss. " We'll start rebuilding and become a title chaser next season " He said after his appointment.

Ozdemir II couldn't make a good start and couldn't win any of his first 7 games, but after January transfer window Montrose started to play well and Boss Ozdemir II got February Manager of the Month Award.

ayrutd.JPG

Ayr United head off for their end of season break, knowing full well that they will be playing third division football again next season. At one stage it looked like the "honest men" would finish in the play-offs but a poor run of results towards the latter stages of the season saw their push for promotion fizzle out. The Ayr United board will use the close season to decide whether or not to renew manager Jim Barclays contract as he didn't get the club the top four finish they were hoping for.

Evening Lads

As ive said to Davie privately, ive got more than a few personal issues that need resolving right now, and as a result, my time to play FM06 is severely limited.

Basically , I cant currently play Sunday sessions at all until the situation improves. Thus, regrettably I have to hand in my notice at Ochilview and leave the warriors to find a new coach.

Hopefully, sometime in the future, I can return to the clan and take up a spot, but until then, all I can do is wish everyone the best of luck for the future.

I should still be around for some Monday sessions and the occasional Thursday session.

Regards

Bod

Archived