Faroe Islands Customised Structure Wanted (or someone to help me)

engrenages

I am trying to alter the Faroe Islands so that I have the realistic league and cup competitions with the third level playable but with teams playing each other twice instead of three rounds of fixtures.

I want 3 playable levels with games on Saturday and cup games on Wednesday but with a fortnight break in the middle of the season between round 1 and round 2 of fixtures.

When I try to create this using the editor I hit several problems because it insists there are only 9 teams in the third tier. Also the cup settings baffle me as I only want first teams but if I have to specify how many teams from each division I can't because the numbers could change in later seasons if reserve teams get promoted or first teams get relegated. Another problem is that if I change the rounds to 2 I will have loads of blank fixture weekends but it is difficult to get April - August dates to work without an error showing up. Finally when I think I have set the file up I load my game and the league selection screen shows the yellow exclamation mark even though I checked the rules before i saved the editor file.

I'm desperate for a forum member to either...

explain the common errors for a newbie to editing

or

make me a file that fits my needs.

Thanks in advance.

Did You try to fill empty spaces by B and C teams from Effodeilidn oraz 1. deilid ?

I tried adding a first team from the unplayable 3. Deild but that didn't work.

I think I might have managed to solve this myself though. I found online a file that somebody had done (can't remember which website because I downloaded tons of additional leagues months ago). The file was called 'Faroe 1.0.1'. All I did was use that but change the rounds to 2. Then I put a big break in the middle of the season and the dates were accepted by the editor. I have not played it to test yet but the league loaded up fine and let me choose 2. Deild teams.

http://www.filedropper.com/faroeislands103

I think you can specify which clubs are entered into the cup in the normal editor (i.e. without going advanced). Try changing the drop-down menu from 'get teams from division' to 'get specific team'. Do that for all of the first teams.

I'm not sure why you'd want to remove the 3rd round of fixtures, though. I adore the Faroe Islands, but I think even I would find it a bit grim (and boring) to only play 18 league games. It will mess up the finances too due to the lower gate receipts for the season.

I'm not sure why you'd want to remove the 3rd round of fixtures, though. I adore the Faroe Islands, but I think even I would find it a bit grim (and boring) to only play 18 league games. It will mess up the finances too due to the lower gate receipts for the season.

I wanted to cut it short so that I can get plenty of seasons done (I don't get much time to play these days). I hadn't thought about the effects on the finances though.

Archived