Highest Transfer Fee Received

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got Man City, Chelsea and Barca into a bidding war over Gedion Zelalem.  I got $115 million from Barca for him.  That's £91 million or so.

The funny thing is that by then, Stan Kroenke had sold the team to a Ukrainian kajillionaire, who was giving me annual transfer budgets of $300 million.  I didn't even need the cash, and wound up just paying a bucket of taxes.

Signed a transfer listed Isco for about £12M halfway through the season and managd to sell him to PSG for £115M with most of it over installments.  Didn't really want him to go he had 36 assists last season but couldn't resist turning down that money

I had a regen once that came to me from Paraguay.  Dude was an assist machine.  25+ assists per season, and this was a save where I was playing two full squads at Arsenal to keep my A team fresh, so he was doing it in 35 games or so.  He got 140 assists in 5 seasons.  36 of them in the final season.

Next year--9.  Year after--7. 

So, I'm like, broski, you gotta goski.  Love you, you're one of my all-time faves, but you're over the hill at 29.  Fiorentina came and bought him for $45 million!!!!  Then he banged in 30 assists for them each of the next two seasons.

Highest I have received for a player I wanted to sell is 2.8mil in my 3rd season as Sunderland. Player was a backup last season and not needed this one he asked for a transfer list (weirdly because he wanted a new challenge and had achieved all he could here despite us qualifying for champions league and he went to a newly promoted team) he was valued at 10.5mil but highest bid I got was 2.8. Been trying to sell Rodwell for 3 seasons now and despite him being worth 10mil and me offering him for 0 and offering to pay part of his wages most teams don't want to bid while the asking price remains as it is! I think they want me to pay them to take him which I am really considering lol. Same with Borini he is not needed here doesn't fit my system and I can't get rid for love nor money, offered for increasingly smaller amounts and nothing but loads of "interested" clubs who wont bid because of the asking price even when it hit 0k all I get are loan offers on at best 20% wages 0 monthly fee from clubs in and around mine in the league.  Really struggle selling players I don't want plenty want them but none appear to be willing to spend money and just want to loan them for free until their contract runs out.

My main gripe is putting a player on the transfer list for x amount then receiving a flood of loan offers where they pay nothing even had a club who finished just one place behind me want to take a player on loan for a season for free. Had a problem last season with clubs trying to sign my 1st choice LWB who was worth 7.5mil key player and not listed yet the bid 5mil unnegotiable I declined and they bid the exact same thing a few days later thos happened about 8 times the same club consistently bidding lower than value allowing no negotiation despite being turned down each and every time. His asking price was 15mil FWIW.

Highest I got for a player I didn't want to sell was 10mil for Kirchoff to Southampton and he just got released this season because of his continual injuries presumably.

Suppose its realistic we do have a lot of high paid players who are either rubbish (Borini) or spend more time with the physio than anyone else at the club (Jack "The Curse" Rodwell) in real life I imagine when Moyes or who ever we have next eventually realizes Rodwell is better suited as a ballboy (even then would probably get injured) they will have an impossible job trying to get someone to buy him.

Archived