18 years at club, from minnows to biggest Icelandic club, still cant upgrade Youth Recruitment

I have the board philosphy agreed to bring youth through the ranks into the first team. I'm at Fjaroabyggo in Iceland, they start off in the 4th tier, we are now clearly the biggest club in the country in value and reputation, regularly competing in the Champions League.

In this time, I've got the Junior Coaching from Basic all the way to Exceptional. However, I've not been able to increase the Youth Recruitment once. The option is always there to decrease it, but never to improve it. I have no doubt if I ever get the chance to ask they'll say yes, but the option is simply never there.

What do I have to do to be able to increase my youth recruitment? I have loads of money and the best reputation in Iceland, I'm stumped.

I actually hadn't thought about that. I can see that limiting it up to a point, but I'm at "basic" youth recruitment, and every other team has better than me, up to a max of "above average". So I should be able to at least get up to that level as the best, most reputable, and most popular club in the country.

What is your scouting range? I managed in Iceland with HK and it took years to build up the youth recruitment. I only got past average when I had become the most reputable club in the world.

Chairman attribute ratings will have an affect, it could be that the current owners have little to no interest in developing players at the club & prefer the manager to concentrate on having the best possible senior team through the use of the transfer market.

What pop-up message do you get when you hover over the increase youth recruitment option?

I can't hover over it because it isn't greyed out. The option is always there to decrease it, just never to increase.

I have the bring youth through philosophy, and every time I want to increase junior coaching, training facilities, or youth facilities they are more than happy to accept. I just never get the chance to ask them to improve youth recruitment.

Its because you're in such a low reputation country that is effectively in the middle of nowhere. Why would youngsters from all over the World want to move to Iceland for their youth development? When you're one of the best clubs in the World, then it will become a lot easier to increase.

Its because you're in such a low reputation country that is effectively in the middle of nowhere. Why would youngsters from all over the World want to move to Iceland for their youth development? When you're one of the best clubs in the World, then it will become a lot easier to increase.

I understand Icelandic clubs will never have amazing youth recruitment, my problem is that I can't even get it to the level of other clubs within the country, even though I'm by far the biggest club.

I understand Icelandic clubs will never have amazing youth recruitment, my problem is that I can't even get it to the level of other clubs within the country, even though I'm by far the biggest club.

Fair point, I think I may have had a similar problem.

Can you raise a bug thread in here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/369-All-Other-Issues and provide a copy of your save file.

Sure, I'll do it later tonight when I have access to my computer, thanks.

Fair point, I think I may have had a similar problem.

Yeah, I'm not expecting to get youngsters from around the world, but I'd think top Icelandic youths would want to be in my setup.

Archived