Help with panels (?)

janeka

Becuase the skin you are using uses the default images for the tab bar, there will be no folder, you will need to create one, either that or you need the Extractor Tool in order to get the base images needed, you would then need to copy those folders michaeltmurrayuk provided and paste them into the skins relevant folders. You can get the extractor tool on Steam. Once you have it you need to extract the file skins.fmf somewhere on your computer and get the images from the fm2013-widgets\graphics folder.

Yeah I know how to use it, I usualy use the Resource Archiver to put the skins in the skins.fmf. Thank you Drakestone and michaeltmurrayuk I will let you know if it worked :)

EDIT: It worked. My FM13 is becoming so nice :D But is missing one thing, the part where it says "Geral", "Noticias", "Pesquisar", etc still round. Wich files do I need to copy?

EDIT2: Fixed that too. Now, one thing that might be impossible or really hard to do. Is there a way that we can make the press conferences show like in FM14?

Should be, you need to extract the panels.fmf file and the one for press conferences should be in there somewhere. You need to find the file responsible for it (cant think off the top of my head and im not at my computer right now) and copy it into your skins panels folder.

Will try that :)

Almost done with the first problem. One last thing.

3ui1cKe.png

Any sugestions to this "problem"?

EDIT: I wasn't able to change the preferences (offer contracts, transfers, etc) like in FM14. Wich panels could be? Is it even possible?

It depends on what parts you want, you should be able to get the background panels, font and colouring the same, but I doubt the category colours on the left will work and if press conferences weren't already in news items in Fm13 (cannot remember if they were new for FM14 or not?) then there won't be any way to get them to show in the news items.

The deadline day stuff was in FM13 (I think) so you should be able to tweak that to look similar to FM14.

If you are wanting to try and recreate (or bits of) the FM14 skin in FM13 a quick test to see which bits work is to extract the fm2013 and fm2013-widgets skins from FM14 - rename them so they don't conflict with the FM13 skins for example fm2014 and fm2014-widgets (both the folders and the xml files with the same name need to be renamed).

Next open the renamed fm2013.xml file from the fm2013 folder and change these three lines:

<translation id="name" translation_id="356378" type="use" value="Football Manager[COMMENT: default FM skin]" />

<flags id="parent" value="fm2013-widgets" />

<string id="required_version" value="14.0.0" />

On line one change the name to something else so you know which skin to select in game.

On line two change that to match what you renamed the fm2013-widgets skin folder to e.g. fm2014-widgets

On line three change the value to 13.0.0 so the skin will be read by FM13.

Now copy both the folders into the skins folder in your User Data Location for FM13, load FM13 and select the renamed skin and see which bits work and which don't. If bits work the xml and graphics for them can be copied over directly, if bits don't work the coding will need editing or it isn't a feature supported by FM13.

That looks better than expected as I missed out a step you can also extract the files from the default panels.fmf file from FM14 install folder and copy the contents of the extracted panels folder into the panels folder for the widget skin but if asked don't overwrite any files.

That make things a bit better though it looks like FM13 is picking up some of the new code but not knowing what to do with it so as I said previously the best you may get is having a similar background look without the new content.

That image is already with the panels from panels.fmf

As I thought it's not possible, what I wanted was the new feature of offering contrats, attend press conferences already in the news menu, without pressing any button to make those actions. Don't know if I expressed my self correctly, but my English isn't that good.

Thanks anyway michael :)

• 1 year later...

Archived