(Dafuge's) Challenge Accepted! Pronoes & Marine

Pronoes

MARINE FC

1371022.png

I did this challenge a few years ago though failed to document the trials and tribulations of rising stardom, so this time I thought I would give it a bash. I've followed the rules and chosen the Mighty Marine to quell the tyranny of Manchester City, Arsenal, Liverpool and the like. European glory beckons and I will be there to get drunk, have extra-marital activit, er... lead the squad through!!

Here we go.

Background

Manager Profile - Nice and simple, true to real life :)

Marine Facilities - As you can see, we're not exactly at the pinnacle of the sport!

Marine Information - We actually have rivalries at this level. There'll be plenty more to come when we smash you in. Who are ya. Who are ya.

Setting Up

I have followed Dafuge's rules for the challenge and added in top players from all continents and players from top clubs in Europe. There's around 51,000 players in the database.

Season Goals

Basically to avoid relegation, put together a squad of half competent players and lay foundations to build the club up to the dizzying heights of the Champions League.

Season 1 - 2014/15 - Skrill North

I know this is quick, but I already had a season behind me. I took the screenshots of the initial setup, then couldn't wait to start playing :p

Season Overview

League Table - An exceptional 13th. I say that because the first half of the season was atrocious. I was under pressure, we lost 5 games in a row, a multiple 5+game winless streaks amongst other terrible things. 13th is amazing considering.

FA Cup - Slowly killing my players with replays. We bettered than the board expected, but we were still at a time when we were getting hammered 6-0 by everyone, so I expect much better next season.

FA Trophy - The less said the better.

Squad List - The Mighty Marines!! Look at those values!

Transfers 1 & 2 - I sacked nearly everyone. Then took some on. Then sacked some more :p We have a capable squad now, but a lot of excess fat.

Finances - After struggling through the first half of the season, I decided that to stay up, we needed to run the club into the ground. So I took on more players, most of which are pants. Now we're in trouble :S

Key Players

Steve Mason - Quite frankly terrible through the first half, then seemed to take the captains armband with the gusto of a charging rhino, then got bored for the last 6 games or so.

Dean Astbury - Future club legend. My hero. The one guy that kept us (and me tbh) going through the season.

James Knowles - A masterstroke half season signing. The single best player I signed (Dean was already at the club). I would have his babies.

Career History

Season    League         Position   FAC     FAT     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15   Skrill North   13th       4th-Q   3rd-Q   Avoided Relegation....!!

Other

Past Positions Graph - Yes, we were really that bad.

League Fixtures Results - Yes. Really.

Next Season

Try and push for the playoffs, although that is my highest ambition. More realistically, try to offload / sell some players, strengthen the squad, clear the mountain of debt, avoid relegation again, hold onto my heroes, sweep the locker room and possibly look at hiring some staff....

Season 2 - 2015/16

Season Overview

League Table - We were very lucky to get a playoff spot. We went into the final game needing a win and 3 other results to fall my way. Which they all did. :)

Playoffs - A great job in the league, rendered pointless by playing garbage in the playoffs.

FA Cup - Not a bad little run until we ran into Bolton. Then we just died a little inside.

FA Trophy - The competition that no one cares about, even when you are good enough to win it. That's not us btw. Just saying... :)

Squad List - The Marines, looking more and more like a school team everyday.

Transfers - Not as many as last season, but still a few trying to sort the squad out. My scouts give 5 stars to everyone =/

Finances - Little better than last season, well; I mean not as much of a loss. But I'm still in a job so who cares right?! =D

Key Players

Dean Astbury - My main man. 2nd top goalscorer in the league. I even heard the fans made a new chant for him....

"Astbury, Astbury, He is the s**t.

When he's on the ball, he has to bury it.

James Knowles - Not the greatest star but an almost omnipresent rock. You can rely on him, which is vital in these lower leagues. Not like some players who will give you a 9 one day, then a 4 a week later.

George Wilson - Up and coming youngster, tutored by Astbury himself. Will see how he progresses.

Career Overview

Season    League         Position   FAC      FAT      Achievements
2015/16   Skrill North	 5th	    1st Rd   1st Rd	
2014/15   Skrill North   13th       4th-Q    3rd-Q    Avoided Relegation....!!!

Next Season

More of the same really. I'm really hoping to solidify the squad so I can count on them consistently rather than hoping they got out of bed on the right side. Another crack at the playoffs would be awesome.

Season 3 - 2016/17

Season Overview

League Table - A disappointing season really. There's an insurmountable gap in quality between the playoff teams and the rest of us.

FA Cup - Again, we can't complain at reaching the 1st round. Never expected to progress to that, never mind beyond.

FA Trophy - Another poor showing in the trophy.

Squad List - The Marines & friends. I ventured into the loan market this time. Didn't work out so well but experience gained, nothing lost.

Transfers - As you can see, the loan signings are all there. I also smashed my record sold fee! £230. Cha-ching!

Finances - :(

Key Players

John Fewings - Brought in on loan. Pretty much replaced Astbury and saved the season from being a complete mess. Great talent, will be sad to see him go.

Edward Busfield - Great little winger. Plenty of assists and all the right attributes to get the ball in where it's needed.

David Crane - I brought this guy in last season and he has come along leaps and bounds. I suspect Astbury will never be the same again, so we pin our hopes on Crane. No pressure!!

Career Overview

Season    League         Position   FAC      FAT      Achievements
2016/17   Skrill North	 9th	    1st Rd   1st Rd
2015/16   Skrill North	 5th	    1st Rd   1st Rd	
2014/15   Skrill North   13th       4th-Q    3rd-Q    Avoided Relegation....!!

Next Season

Keep toiling :( Becoming increasingly concerned that I'm not good enough for this job.

Archived