quad core or dual core

Depends on the processors I guess. Which one are you looking at? They are not all alike. But yes, a quad core will be a lot faster. Benchmark thread here - up to twice as fast there.

However, unless you speed though the game I would guess most of the time spent on FM is clicking things and watching games, so it might not make up a lot of difference on the whole.

I was looking at a laptop with I5 3230M and 4GB Ram, laptop will not be used for anything else so don`t really want to spend to much. My desktop cpu is also about 5-6 years old so will be upgrading that later in the year aswell. will prob go for an i7 for that

it doesnt really matter to be honest, i have a i5 quadcore and the game barely takes 20% usage, only on game day it goes for a couple seconds higher other than that you wont see any difference wether you have I3 i5 or i7

what could be argued in case you run a database with over 50 000 players or so the i5 and i7 will perform a little better, but it wont go from slow to super speedy, just a little faster.. but not worth spending like 500€ more or so for these seconds of performance boost

thanks haunted, cant quite remember which processer i have on my home computer just now as I am away but I thibk its a pentium dual core at 2.2GHz, and I can cope with the speed of that, surely the i5 processer will be quite a step up form that?

yes huge speed boost in that case, but comparing the speed on a mediocore database between all the new I3 I5 and I7- the gamespeed will be identical, for the laptop i would recommand just taking a mediocore i5 laptop, the desktop pc also any i5 really is the same, you will overpay big for the I7 and the 4 core multithreading, which only leads from I5 20% cpu usuage to probably a I7 10% usauage or something along those lines, and if you really want to keep it in budget even a I3 will run so game as good as the other 2

i dont know, but a as a rule of thumb is, if you only gonna play football manager on the computer and dont do much else (especially play any other super new games) you will most likely dont see any difference between any of the I5 laptops, just take one that looks best to you, or go to a store and touch them and take one that feels good or looks good, or one on sale or promotion.. theres really almost no difference if you only goona surf the internet and play football manager

maybe make sure to get 8gb of ram, other than that its all relative

Archived