Passing back to the keeper

Does anyone know which option or setting I need to change to tell my players to stop doing this so often? My tactic is attacking, yet it seems that more often than not when the defence has the ball they can't help but pass it to the keeper, even when they're all on the halfway line, pushed up really far, and they're not being hassled by the opponents. They have all the time and space they need but still pass it back. It frequently leads to goals against because the passes go astray or an enterprising attacker intercepts it. Very frustrating and I don't know how to stop it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Does anyone know which option or setting I need to change to tell my players to stop doing this so often? My tactic is attacking, yet it seems that more often than not when the defence has the ball they can't help but pass it to the keeper, even when they're all on the halfway line, pushed up really far, and they're not being hassled by the opponents. They have all the time and space they need but still pass it back. It frequently leads to goals against because the passes go astray or an enterprising attacker intercepts it. Very frustrating and I don't know how to stop it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I completely agree, 10 minutes ago, i decided to stop playing fm14 until the ME is fixed :)

If your defenders are up on half way, I find it hard to imagine that they aren't under some sort of pressure from the AI.

Even if they do have space and time, do you have players open and in space for a pass?

In general terms, defenders aren't always the most creatively aware players, so they may not spot the passes that you can.

Can you post a few screens of instances where a player passes back to the keeper when you think better options are available?

It would also help to have a screenshot of your Team setup - Roles, Duties, Mentality, Fluidity and Team Instructions.

Archived