It´s a mistake ♫♪♫ ... lots of them

Like the old Men at works song I wonder how big of a mistake it is.

Having played 27 league matches on my first season and fooling around on my stats Ive realized my team commited 476 mistakes (17.6/match) and 11 of them leading to goals (0.4/match) almost 1 goal given every 2 games.

Does my team really suck?

Or are these numbers the usual?

Checked my stats for my team at the end of a season where I completed a clean sweep of trophies, shocked me to find that my team committed over 500 mistakes over some 55 odds games (about 10 per match). Yet I've only conceded 30 goals during the entire season across all competitions, now I'm not sure whether my defenders/goalkeepers are godly at covering up their ****-ups or whether what constitutes a mistake is really minor like a simple misplaced pass.

Same thing I am wondering myself - what constitutes a 'mistake'? A misplaced pass, missed tackle or letting the opponent dribble past you?

I would think...

1) A misplaced pass leading to an interception

2) Missing an interception or a header

3) Deciding not to come for the ball that leads to an attacking opportunity (similar to 2, but rather this is 'I'll leave that ball alone, the keeper will get it... Oh he's not coming out, oh there's a striker, oh I should probably get over there and help... never mind he's missed.)

4) Communication errors (probably the same as 3).

5) Miscontrolling the ball out of play

6) Missing a tackle (but not being beaten by skill, that's not a mistake per se)

Can't think of anything else. Shots probably won't be counted, crosses shouldn't be counted otherwise it'll be skyhigh the way crossing works at the moment. Thing is aside from the obvious there's some 'mistakes' that don't translate well to the match engine. Keeper "errors" for example, when it's blindingly obvious it's a defender's error for not tracking his man for example...

Archived