Homegrown Player Rules

jaradthescot

Hi, I created a league setup with 8 homegrown (club) players and 18 homegrown (nation) players required for the squad registration (25 players to be registered). I'm now in my fourth season and I noticed a number of teams in my lower league didn't have 'full' squads (15-20 players, that's it. Presumably the rest are grey players when it's a gameday). I wanted to see if this was a result of the homegrown rules and checked the top-flight team's squads and things were much, much worse. These teams have literally 10-15 foreign players unregistered for their squad. They play in Europe, but that's it. They also are almost without-exception the most expensive players on these teams. Obviously, this is horrible for the league's quality and finances. Half of these teams are using grey players again, because they don't have enough eligible players in the squad (even though they have a large and expensive squad). Any idea how to fix this? Or do I just need to scrap the homegrown rules?

If you tinker with the transfer options in nation rules, nation screen, clubs transfer preferences and chairman preferences you should see an increase in clubs nurturing and buying homegrown players.

The first thing I would try is setting a transfer rule for Domestic players only, i.e. 1st july - august 1st - standard (if you want clubs to be able to buy foreigners) 2nd Aug - 1st sept - Domestic players only. run for a few seasons to see if you need to make improvements to other areas.

Also last year I did a No Foreigners allowed db that worked perfectly, check that out to see how I changed it in AE rules you'll find it in the download section.

Archived