League set-up advices

Dan13L

Hi Guys,

I've posted this in GD as well but not sure if its a question for them or whether someone more knowledgeable about these things can help me here!

So I'm planning on starting a game in the Middle East in Iran. I've downloaded 5 of Claasens excellent Middle Eastern leagues and I've customised a large database to load all the players from these nations (Iran, Saudi, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait) I've also got another custom league that adds the Oberliga to Germany (and loaded all players from Germany too)

I've also loaded quite a few European leagues; England, France, Germany (down to Oberliga + custom database entry for all players from Germany) Spain, Italy, Netherlands and Portugal - all down to the lowest divison that is included with the default FM leagues. I've got a large database + the extra nations I've loaded (inc S-Korea, Japan and China - I've included these as I want the Asian Champions League to be a bit more competitive) and total player count is about 69,000

Now I'm wondering before I start my career save, is this going to be far too many leagues and is the time processing going to be immense. Its given me a 2 star rating, so i don't think I'm completely overloading my system.

Also, thinking long-term is it worth loading all these extra players from nations I've not actually loaded the leagues for (such as Korea, Japan etc) When the database players retire will regen players be added to the squads to keep them full or will they eventually dwindle to only one or two players in the squad in the end anyway? I'm planning on starting in the lowest division in Iran and my aim is to win the Asian Champiosn League before moving on. I've got no idea what kudos winning this competion or the Iranian league will get me in terms of getting job in Europe, which is why I am loading so many of the lower leagues.

Would ticking the option "Add players to playable teams" be better than manually customising the database?

Any advice will be very appreciated

I have installed a hybrid drive, so its half regular half ssd, it has improved my general laptop performance. I guess I didn't want to get too far into a save and find out that my computer had been reduced to crawl. Should be OK by the sounds of it

Archived