Regarding AI teams picking up parts of players previous contract.

Just curious, has this been added yet? I've had a bid for Javi Garcia accepted, whom can really add something to my West Ham midfield, but he wants an excess of what I can offer.

Only wanted to know if I can get part of his contract compensated by the former club (Man City in this case), or is it just a pipe dream ..

Edit: And I've just shot myself in the foot. I offered him 'key player' status, he wants a further £30,000 a week for that.

Yes because quite often we as selling clubs have to.

That doesn't mean they have to pick up parts of the contract for us. Personally I've never seen it happen, but I have read about it on the forums (FM11 or 12 I think).

That doesn't mean they have to pick up parts of the contract for us. Personally I've never seen it happen, but I have read about it on the forums (FM11 or 12 I think).

It happens and has done for a few versions at least, I have a screenshot from FM10 I think showing one of my players being paid the extra from his previous club.

It happens and has done for a few versions at least, I have a screenshot from FM10 I think showing one of my players being paid the extra from his previous club.

Ah okay. What do you think would make it happen? I suppose Javi Garcia wouldn't be too keen to come to me in the first place (even if he is negotiating) and Man City aren't desperate to get him off their wage bill ..

Ah okay. What do you think would make it happen? I suppose Javi Garcia wouldn't be too keen to come to me in the first place (even if he is negotiating) and Man City aren't desperate to get him off their wage bill ..

Not sure tbh, it does seem fairly rare.

I was basically trying to buy a rotation ST in the January window, I offered what I could which was slightly lower than he requested and it was accepted as normal I think.

When he signed in the media message it said his previous club would be making up £x per month until the end of his contract.

Archived