Wages went a bit crazy on me

I am back playing the new game, i didn't really play the last game as i did not really enjoy it that much, but i so far like this one, i am trying to replicate Cleon's Ajax Youth development - i enjoyed this in the last game so will try it again.

Now my problem lies when i try to bring in free agents with low wages, i have brought in a few with high determination and good personality, they are on no more than say £700 a week, but they have bonus's such as career goals gets £200k, appearance fee £20k [plus a few others, now these will never actually play a single game for me, however even though they only on £700 a week, they send my wage bill spiraling out of control, this influences my ability to bring in other players who will get games as i cant offer contracts.

Is there a reason why performance based contracts are taking a massive amount of my wage bill? surely the game should realize that the wages are performance based.

Thanks

What are peoples thoughts on players bonuses.

do you think they are to high?

I think appearance and unused sub fees are very excessive for a lot of top players when you look at there existing contracts and then what they demand in contract negotiations , most don't budge on negotiating here.

What are peoples thoughts on players bonuses.

do you think they are to high?

I think appearance and unused sub fees are very excessive for a lot of top players when you look at there existing contracts and then what they demand in contract negotiations , most don't budge on negotiating here.

The worst thing about the negotiation is that I can't explain to the player when the board is putting a restriction in place that's making me unable to sign them. I just had a midfielder try and force me to give him a raise to 23.5k a week (from 9.5k) for his first international cap; the board only lets me go to 13.25k, though, so I offer that and it starts a whole fight. When the contract is rejected, I have to have a chat with him, and he's of course pissed.

In real life, I'd say something to the effect of "This is the most I can give you, and I'd give you more if I could, but the board has me set to this structure and I can't get out of it." Instead, the whole conversation is about why I won't give him what he wants, when in actuality I'm handcuffed by the board, and I should be able to express that somewhere, instead of defending the idea that I didn't want to give him money when I actually did. He might still leave, but then it's the board's fault, not mine.

The worst thing about the negotiation is that I can't explain to the player when the board is putting a restriction in place that's making me unable to sign them. I just had a midfielder try and force me to give him a raise to 23.5k a week (from 9.5k) for his first international cap; the board only lets me go to 13.25k, though, so I offer that and it starts a whole fight. When the contract is rejected, I have to have a chat with him, and he's of course pissed.

In real life, I'd say something to the effect of "This is the most I can give you, and I'd give you more if I could, but the board has me set to this structure and I can't get out of it." Instead, the whole conversation is about why I won't give him what he wants, when in actuality I'm handcuffed by the board, and I should be able to express that somewhere, instead of defending the idea that I didn't want to give him money when I actually did. He might still leave, but then it's the board's fault, not mine.

I know with transfers there's an option to "ask the board to help" or some such, can you do that with a contract negotiation with an existing player?

Archived