Not too big...but not too small

Hello fellow managers.

My question is this: What team can I go where I will actually be forced to source players from the lesser leagues around the world?

I mean, I have started many games with the aim of trying to replicate real life transfer behaviour with teams such as Rangers/Celtic or some of the smaller English teams in scouring eastern Europe and such likes for cheap but potentially first team players, but the trouble is that although there are many good low reputation players out there (in countries like Denmark, Norway, Czech Republic etc) and they are on low wages, they are also usually still relatively quite expensive (£2m-£4m).

Also, as I'm sure you are all aware, after a season or two with just about any top league team, certainly in the top rep leagues, you are usually rich enough to take your pick of any number of international class players, which means it would be pointless and also quite risky to continue buying cheaper/lesser players for the first team.

So I was wondering if any of you had the same problem, and if so how do you go about remedying it? I would love to stay in one of the four top leagues, but I suppose I would be open to trying out a lesser league, although I would still like to be able to manoeuver in the transfer market.

Hello fellow managers.

My question is this: What team can I go where I will actually be forced to source players from the lesser leagues around the world?

I mean, I have started many games with the aim of trying to replicate real life transfer behaviour with teams such as Rangers/Celtic or some of the smaller English teams in scouring eastern Europe and such likes for cheap but potentially first team players, but the trouble is that although there are many good low reputation players out there (in countries like Denmark, Norway, Czech Republic etc) and they are on low wages, they are also usually still relatively quite expensive (£2m-£4m).

Also, as I'm sure you are all aware, after a season or two with just about any top league team, certainly in the top rep leagues, you are usually rich enough to take your pick of any number of international class players, which means it would be pointless and also quite risky to continue buying cheaper/lesser players for the first team.

So I was wondering if any of you had the same problem, and if so how do you go about remedying it? I would love to stay in one of the four top leagues, but I suppose I would be open to trying out a lesser league, although I would still like to be able to manoeuver in the transfer market.

I managed Ajax once. Was really fun - dominated home league , but champs league was the real test -> was ecastic when I reached UCL QF

I think that you can find bargains in the lower leagues. For example, I signed a CB (when I was Schalke, they had sacked their manager in 17th place IIRC) who cost 1.7m from Legia and he was a rock at the defence. Likewise, I signed three Argentinians on frees who turned into 5* potential players.

In my experience, it is possible to be economically frugal and stick to purchasing bargains in the lower leagues, especially when the regens start kicking in.

Archived