Bug or working as intended for 'Interest in Transfer"?

I am not sure if this has been raised before.

I scouted a certain unhappy transfer listed Chelsea keeper as Swansea and got back a report saying he would have no intention of joining our club at this time. I did this multiple times with different scouts, with all same reports.

I decided to bid for him anyway, then to my surprise the agent was willing to negotiate the contract. But the "player interest in role" to the right of the contract negotiation screen showed 'none' even with key player.

But then a couple of days later the player was happy to agree with the move.

Is this a bug or are the scout reports inaccurate intentionally?

I have never really seen this in previous FMs, as usually 'no intention of joining' meant no interest in even negotiating.

If it is working as intended for the reports to be somewhat inaccurate, then shouldn't different scouts be coming up with at least slightly different reports?

If that is the case, the scout would have reported that 'the player is not interested in joining' or 'the player is somewhat interested'.

But it was 'no intention of joining', which means not even considering any offers.

Is anyone able to confirm this at all?

What did the agent actually say when you opened negotiations? Sometimes you'll get a line like "My client isn't currently interested in a move to your side, but a big offer may make us consider it"

Not the exact words but that's the gist of it.

When I bought Neymar in my Juve save I experienced practically the same. For five seasons my scouts always said neither the club nor the player was interested.

Then I finally had so much money I didn't knew what to do with them I tried to bid for fun and eventually I agreed a price with Santos. According to Neymar's agent he wasn't interested in joining, but when I clicked offer contract (or whatever it's called) it was immediately accepted...

I think it is intended to be like that.

IRL - I Bet falcao probably would say i have no intention on joining them. After the contract offer i am sure he is pleased :)

Maybe it could be tweaked in FM14 to "Would take a huge offer for this player to be even remotely interested"

Archived