4-2-3-1 Assymetric

I've started a save with Arsenal and after a lot of thinking came up with a 4-2-3-1 Assymetric formation like this:

4231assy_zps3df05562.png

I want to play with a wing back/winger and full back/inside forward combination, and buy a suitable left winger and DM to suit this formation.

What I want to ask is, has anyone successfully used a similar formation on FM13? And do you think what I have so far seems sensible, ie: Cazorla as IF?

At first I wanted to use the setup below (Wilshere as AP - A), but I'm worried there will be too much space in behind the LW for opponents to exploit and also Podolski being left isiolated.

4231_zpsdde86a76.png

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

I like the 4-2-3-1A. Playing with Ipswich, I used the AMC as inside forward. Had the left full back on support, the right on attack. The 2 CDs as you have them and GK. I had the DMC as DMC support. I had the left winger as you have and brought in Gary Makay Steven for that thinking he would devour the Championship - alas, he flopped disastrously. As regards AMR - also had inside forward attack - tried Jay Emmanuel Thomas (left peg, shoots with power from distance) - didn't do nearly as well as he has done when operating as TQ in the middle - probably because he kept shooting from long range and missing - so he kinda flopped there. Had teh striker as advanced forward. My midfielder centre was a box to box midfielder - bought Armstrong from Dundee - flopped after bright start.

Started really well - 10 points from 4 league games and knocked Wigan out of cup. Then mauling after mauling etc etc.

Hope you have more success.

How about giving Cazorla support duty. That way he wouldn't end up colliding with Podolski; he'd be playing more in between Arteta and Podolski. Also you could consider giving Cazorla the AP role (with perhaps A duty).

-SnUrF

I think wingback/ inside forward and fullback/winger combination works better.

Also I think you have too many attacking duties upfront. I'll change them to AM and winger on support duty.

And if you want to play Podolski on left, set his wide play to 'move into channel' so he'll drift to the central more often

I think wingback/ inside forward and fullback/winger combination works better.

Agree with this, which is why I'd flip the formation. Cazorla's good with both feet so he can play AML just as well as AMR. Then have Gibbs as an attacking wingback to provide width when he cuts in, with Walcott/Ox as the attacking winger on the right.

Archived