having a player gain russian nationality

I was wondering if there i a way to find out if a player can gain russian nationality. i know if they spend a certain amount of days they can qualify, but not all players even attempt this. so far i have only found that brazilian players gain russian nationality, but not all of them. e.g. i had to brazilians, got them at the same time same age, came when they where 18 and only 1 of them started to gain russian nationality. I've recently bought a brazilian from another Russian club who is collecting days but i was wondering if there is a way to find out prior to them joining the club,

The rules in Russia have changed as regards foreigners (I believe starting in the second season) - players are only not classed as foreigners if they are eligible for the Russian national squad.

Players that have caps for Brazil in a competitive game would definitely not be eligible for Russian nationality.

Not sure about those declared for the Brazilian team though.

Just ran a quick test - if a player has declared for another national team (i.e. not Russia) he will NOT collect days towards becoming Russian.

Tio, sorry thought I had explained it clearly - ONLY players that are able to play for the Russian team if they are called up are classified as Russian nationals.

Archived