TFJ-Arrowhead tactic for Real Madrid or other world class teams

Hello

As the title suggests, this tactic has been developed for Real Madrid. It's good both in defense and offense on most occasions, but is less effective against certain formations. More on that later.

It's a 3-4-2-1 formation (see picure below) that focuses on a fluid and direct style of play.

2efp3yh.jpg

Below you'll see the end of season league table and individual match results of my third season - keep in mind this is with a really good team, and I have no idea how it'll work for lower quality teams. I have tried this tactic with an injury plagued Bayern Munich, and it seems to suit that team well too.

2it4t41.jpg

2zq8rnr.jpg

90zwv6.jpg

Starting strategy: Always attacking, both home and away (I know the strategy says "balanced" in the formation pic - never mind that).

What's important when using this tactic is more or less always applying the "work ball into box" shout right from kick-off. If the opponent play with 3 defenders or have very attacking-minded full backs, the "exploit the flanks" shout will often be a good choice as well.

Another important thing is the OI's. Below you'll see the OI's I usually apply.

Attacking full backs (4-1-2-2-1 Barca style formation) or wing backs: Always close down

Central midfielders: Always close down (unless the have AM's in front of them)

Wingers and attacking midfielders: Always close down + show onto weak foot

Forwards: If only one: Tight marking + show onto weak foot. If two or more: Show onto weak foot

Team talks: Do whatever you find is working.

Tactical vulnerabilities: This tactic is not working well when playing away against good teams utilizing the Barca style formation. At home it's fine, but away not so much. If you have a very good defensive tactic I suggest you use that one. In my Champions Cup away game against Man City I was too cocky and used the Arrowhead formation. It nearly cost me the overall victory. City played a 4def-2cm-3amc-1fw formation and it really hurt. I suggest using a defensive formation in these cases.

Player type advice:

The wingbacks don't necessarily have to be more than average defensively, but better is - of course - better. However, they must have better than average attacking capabilities - especially pace and crossing.

Fast central defenders is recommended.

A very solid and not too slow anchor man is also very much recommended.

The player next to the central inside forward can be either an AM or an AP - both works well depending on what suits the player best.

As always, tactical familiarity is very important.

Note: Most of the season has been played pre 13.2.3

Tactics:

TFJ-Arrowhead - http://www.datafilehost.com/download-9ccd823b.html

looks good mate. Will not try on my current save as I dont have the right players, maybe on a new save once the january data update comes out.

How exactly do you get turned over away from home and when you said the Barcelona formation is your nemesis is that their 3-4-3 or their 4-5-1 tactic. How do they beat you, im guessing down the flanks and isolating your full backs.

Have tried the wing backs on support for these games or maybe have the whole team set to rigid?

Could I see your player stats for all competitions please, interested to see who done what in terms of scoring and assisting.

Going to give this tactic a try for you with my Inter Milan team...

GK - Handanovic

DCR - Andrea Ranocchia

DC - Stefan Strandberg

DCL - Gaetan Bong

WBR - Javier Zanetti

DMCR - Dejan Stankovic

DMCL - Lorenzo Crisetig

WBL - Alvaro Pereira

AMCR - Gabriel Torje

AMCL - Coutinho

STC - Javier Hernandez

Hopefully I can get a result in our first game against Genoa :D

It's their 4-5-1 formation. Messi usually does something annoying OR the wingers get through on goal.

Player stats below:

xmrg47.jpg

Ronaldo has mainly been used as IF - Di Maria as his sub. Neymar and Benzema have been used as poachers mainly. Özil, Isco and Götze as AM/AP. Modric and Sahin as DLP.

Don't worry Troels, the Tactic Master knows about the importance of these things :D

Inter Milan 3 - 2 Genoa

I was very impressed with the football we played and Hernandez looks much more deadly than he started out like in my previous 3 games. It was Stefan Strandberg who ran the show though with 2 goals from corners. I felt Genoa got lucky goals and it kind of proves it when none of my players got under a 7.1 rating?

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on who it is - the defense should always be kept intact. There should also always be a poacher, but it doesn't matter too much if a player from one of the midfield lines is missing. If I'm under pressure I usually use the "play narrower" shout and set strategy to standard.

Edit: It seems a standard strategy works well away from home.

It's is working fine for my with United team so far. But I'm not happy with Rooney's performance. I use Hernandez as Poacher and Rooney hasn't done well in the amc role. I also need to retrain Nani as wing back and Cleverley as dm.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived