Question about PPM's

If il give a player low CF it means he will do his PPM's less often?

In a word, no.

PPMs are literally what they stand for. If his PPM is hugs touchline, his natural preference is to hug the touchline, rather than cut inside. He may do so, but naturally he will want to do what the PPM says.

creative freedom is basically a flair modifier. If your player has the ability to make dangerous moves, either passes, or shots on goal from difficult angles, dribble his way inside,e.t.c and generaly very technicaly gifted, but he has low flair, then giving him high creative freedom will help him to express his talent and actually use his excellent abilities...from the other side a player with high flair but low ability may "destroy" the team efforts by doing things he cannot actually succed doing them. In this case lower him his creative freedom will benefit his play and your team.

PPMs is a different and "stand alone" situation. I am 90% sure creative freedom does not affect them at all, although no one has blueprints from the match engine :)

If il give a player low CF it means he will do his PPM's less often?

I'll respectfully disagree with the two other posters and say it does. More precisely I'll say it will on some (running with ball, shooting from distance, long range passing, come to mind) but it wont affect others.

With most PPMs it won't be very noticeable (particularly if the CF change is minor) but on some of them you'll notice a difference.

First, the manual states (I'm paraphrasing) that you should be careful raising CF on players with poor decision attribute. Now this doesn't necessarily apply to PPMs per se but you will clearly see players with low decision attributes "abuse" their PPMs when given high CF. Basically when you give a player high CF, you're trusting him to do his thing. A lot of "his thing" will relate to PPMs.

Second and more importantly, just test it out yourself by playing and WATCHING games in Full Match mode. Play games back to back against the same opponent while keeping everything else the same and adjust the CF of one of your players who has several PPMs. I think you'll notice a difference in PPM usage between the two when you change CF significantly. Quick tip, as I alluded to at the top of my post the easiest to measure by far is shots from long range. Dribbling usually stands out too, Long range passing sometimes as well.

Hope this helps :)

In my opinion, if a player has a PPM, it over rides any instruction that you have given him tactically. The player will look to fulfill this preference first, as long as his own intelligence leads him to believe that the move is on.

If he cannot fulfill this PPM then he looks to his tactical instructions, which you give in the form of Always, Mixed or Rarely (rarely is not never, which some people often forget). So then, if one of your always instructions could be used effectively (in the opinion of the player) then he's likely to try it. If not, he'll look to his mixed options and then if nothing else looks on, he'll opt for a rarely. They'll be some overlap in this decision making, but the priority is PPM>Always>Mixed>Rarely.

The use of creative freedom tethers or releases the decision making of your players. Someone with low creative freedom is instructed to stick quite strictly to your tactical instructions as described in the previous paragraph, whereas a player with high creative freedom is able to take your instructions with an increasingly large pinch of salt and play whichever option he sees to be the best at the time. This is best reserved for those players with the intelligence to make the right decision and the tactical ability to pull it off, whatever it may be.

Archived