Loving FMC but please give me the ability to select whatever leagues I want

I do not have time or patient to play the main stream mode. However, I am loving FMC.

The only thing that is annoying at the moment for me, is the restriction to the number of playable leagues.

I like to have a large database, so more players are generated, and I usual select 9 or more playable leagues. I like to have a single long term save, starting unemployed, with Sunday League experience, so I like the ability to have many club options around...

I bought a powerful PC for a reason!

I do not have time or patient to play the main stream mode. However, I am loving FMC.

The only thing that is annoying at the moment for me, is the restriction to the number of playable leagues.

I like to have a large database, so more players are generated, and I usual select 9 or more playable leagues. I like to have a single long term save, starting unemployed, with Sunday League experience, so I like the ability to have many club options around...

I bought a powerful PC for a reason!

You can add the leagues via the add/remove feature once you have selected your initaial 1-3 leagues. I know this isn't the same as you'd miss a year of them but its a compromise? Also how do you find the game runs? In FMC with the 3 open the game seems to run ok for me. Yet in the full version, with anymore then say 3 or 4 leagues (as in the nation with all the leagues open) it fulls horrible. I upgraded my pc too. Quad core 4 ghz and 16 gb RAM

You can add the leagues via the add/remove feature once you have selected your initaial 1-3 leagues. I know this isn't the same as you'd miss a year of them but its a compromise? Also how do you find the game runs? In FMC with the 3 open the game seems to run ok for me. Yet in the full version, with anymore then say 3 or 4 leagues (as in the nation with all the leagues open) it fulls horrible. I upgraded my pc too. Quad core 4 ghz and 16 gb RAM

There are many different PC specs and because of that there MUST be a way for the user himself to adjust the amount of leagues and nations based on his specs and preference, limiting everyone because some have weaker PC specs is ludicrous. I just want the option to load as many nations as i want.

I don't really mind to sit and wait for the next game. What I don't like in the main mode is team talks, press conferences and the overload of options and stats I find in the screen!! I get bored with the repetitive talks and conferences, etc.

As so, I do not understand why they can't give the ability to select more leagues in FMC and to choose a large database.. at the same time SI could still recommend and make as default a maximum of 3 leagues and medium database.

I understand FMC is a simpler mode and the idea is not to overwhelm the user with options to choose, etc. However the amount of leagues and the size of the db should not be restricted IMO, because that makes a huge difference to the game.

Totally agree !

FMC would be perfect for me if I could choose the size of database. It would not be an issue for me if this choice make the game slower.

Another option is missing for my point of view : the possibility to train a player for a new position.

cool, i felt quite limited only having the three leagues available.

basically, i wanted a larger db. my real-life team will only go for gems/european players who are cheap so i need the option to have a decent database from which to scout people. i was surprised the first time i loaded FMC (if i did it correctly) that i couldn't tick "large" database.

i realise that FMC is half FMH, as it's been popular, half olf-school FM but in older FM you could still start with a larger db. that;s the only reason, currently, i'm staying with the full game until this can be changed. oh, and not being able to use the editor. there are some "tweaks" i'd like to make.

other than that, i WOULD consider spending some serious time with FMC. i can see they got the idea from how many people now play FMH but it does need the option of "customising" what loads before you can play much faster.

as for hardware, i DOWNGRADED my laptop to a core i3, dual-core and with 26000 players and 7 leagues i find it faster than ever........

oh, and not being able to use the editor. there are some "tweaks" i'd like to make.

You CAN use the editor.

I don't know if you can add leagues or do anything major, but I have an FMC save PACKED with changes.

What you have to do is the following:

1) Start a new full fat game.

2) Choose the editor files that need to be enabled.

3) Quit to start screen.

4) Start another full fat game.

5) Do NOT change the editor files, make sure you use the ones you set before and press ok.

6) Once you get to the league selection screen, go to the menu and "Quit to Start Screen".

7) Start a FMC game.

8) If you followed the steps correctly, your changes will have been loaded.

Hope it works for you like it did for me!

Not on my game you can't, you can change which nations you are running, but you never have more than 3 running in FMC at any one time.......

Not on my game you can't, you can change which nations you are running, but you never have more than 3 running in FMC at any one time.......

Correct.

Garethw87 I wanted to have more than 3 leagues running at the same time. The add/remove option, just allow me to add one league if I remove another one.

that's a real shame. no real gems then other than in selected leagues. and i'm baffled by the differences in opinion in this thread about how many leagues can be loaded!;)

naughty really. they promoted FMC as "what it used to be like" and i've a friend, has never opened his boxed copy of fm12, and i think i've persuaded him, and maybe also my brother who's fitba mad but has things like jobs and relationships to focus on, to try out fmc, as it won't necessarily take over their lives which is their concern.

back to my earlier point though, seems FMC is more FMH than "old-school" FM. shame

ok i just started a new save. i went back to start screen from a full game. i'm missing something. there's no initial preferences for "attribute masking" or "add key staff" cos i'm not getting any staff from my loaded leagues.

not overly worried about the staff TBH because seems there's only a chief scout, and no coaches. actually nice idea.

went back from having a custom, changes made db but still no option to load this. i shall perservere

that's a real shame. no real gems then other than in selected leagues. and i'm baffled by the differences in opinion in this thread about how many leagues can be loaded!;)

back to my earlier point though, seems FMC is more FMH than "old-school" FM. shame

Its a point I made in another thread here, but on CM03/04 (which was the last FM/CM game I gave my life away to before FMC) which is now pretty old skool, you could select many leagues and database sizes, and yet the game still played relatively quickly (think I got through 10+ seasons on my Hull City save). If you have a fast machine you should have the option.

Archived