Editing made easy

Just throwing this out there, but I know from personal experience how annoying it is when your making a custom database and, for example, you want to set all the players back to say 24 years old. This is very time consuming, so I was thinking how about in the next games editor, add a function where, like the search function, you can select a certain criteria, then set what you want to do with that criteria.

For example, set the criteria for players that are aged 30-33, potential of 170+ and then the option to set them all to aged 24, either by setting the actual age or by setting all to year of birth of 198....

Or alternatively, if you wanted to edit all teams in a certain country/certain league/over a certain reputation club value to £500m, or transfer budget to £100mil etc etc, this would be made possible too

Would like to hear peoples thoughts on this?

My bad if this is in the wrong forums, kinda just rolled off the top of my head and thought i'd put it out there while its still fresh and before i forget it , so didnt stop to look around the forums

Just throwing this out there, but I know from personal experience how annoying it is when your making a custom database and, for example, you want to set all the players back to say 24 years old. This is very time consuming, so I was thinking how about in the next games editor, add a function where, like the search function, you can select a certain criteria, then set what you want to do with that criteria.

For example, set the criteria for players that are aged 30-33, potential of 170+ and then the option to set them all to aged 24, either by setting the actual age or by setting all to year of birth of 198....

Or alternatively, if you wanted to edit all teams in a certain country/certain league/over a certain reputation club value to £500m, or transfer budget to £100mil etc etc, this would be made possible too

Would like to hear peoples thoughts on this?

My bad if this is in the wrong forums, kinda just rolled off the top of my head and thought i'd put it out there while its still fresh and before i forget it , so didnt stop to look around the forums

i dont really use editor, but i think youre in minority... i would never think of setting all players to 24yo, or change potential, or change finances for EVERY team in the league... individuals, yes, but not "mass production"... why would you do that? im sorry, i dont mean to offend you or sth, but for me this sounds childish...

so in short, i would have nothing against it, apart from the fact that i cant understand it :p

I just mean for custom databases, say you want all teams in a league to have same finances to even the playing field, well then this would be a perfect tool

tbh, that was the only reason i could think of, but rejected it :p yes, fair enough, but still i think your in a small minority... :)

but i have to admit, you made me think now...

"What if each club has exactly the same starting point (more or less the same players, same rep, same money), will they all want to buy exactly the same players, will they all be playing the same tactics etc etc"... now i'm starting to be really curious, damn you, i will have to do that at one point:mad::lol:

Is there any quick way to free all players from a club (or even better from a league) via the editor?

Thanks

I know on last years game you could remove all players and staff from all the clubs with the click of a button but that seems to have gone this year. It sucked anyway because clubs only used to sign 3 or 4 players so it was too easy to play

Edit: If you turn make maximum results shown on unlimited (via settings at the top) then you could always just press enter in the people search, select them all (by highlighting a few and then pressing Ctrl + A and then clicking edit and just removing their contracts. Editor would run very slowly by doing this but it's probably the easiest way to do it this year

Edit 2: Make sure you click club and non whilst in the contract part otherwise no changed will be made. It should work tho but i have never loaded it up myself so couldn't tell you if it works or not

Archived