Lower League Club Progression Too Easy and Unrealistic

This isn't anything new but worth noting all the same. In my save I usually try to go as far as possible with Farnborough which usually sees stadium expansions and/or a new stadium along the way.

The thing that is unrealistic is the way the rate in which the average attendance rises as soon as the space is there. Once I got to Div 1 I would see 100% capacity atendances. I would continue to sell out as I continued rising up the leagues even though the stadium was pushing 20,000. New stadium arrives that holds 32000 and I'm getting 25000 minimum attendances straight away. This makes the game really easy as the gate money is huge.

This isn't realistic. Take Wimbledon for example. They would rarely hit 5 figure gates at the top level despite winning the FA Cup unless a big club was in town.

It would be more of a realistic situation if crowds didn't rise so rapidly. You would get to tier 3 or 4 and then really struggle to hit the top divisions due to lack of finances.

from what i found, the average ticket price is not rising at all, but iam talking about a game started at beta, so i dont know how much changed, but i started at like 2€ ticket price at a 55000 stadium, and when i build a nerw one and expanded to max it had 17 000 people capacity, and the average ticket price was 4,xx€ although i won the champions league once and the uefa cup twice... didnt seem to help much

i dont know how it is in the big leagues sicne i play in poland

edit: iam drunk :D

I think it depends on how far advanced your team's reputation is to start with, and how many reputation points are available to be won by you in your competitions. Starting with a team that was newly promoted to tier 9, with no trophies or honors in its history, in two seasons we've won two league titles (by 22 and 26 points respectively) and a cup. The stadium we are groundsharing in (never have had one of our own) holds 2000. We've averaged 20 fans a game first season and 69 the next. I will be doing cartwheels if i can average a 120 in Isthmian premier next season. And this won't be anywhere near enough to pay the bills I imagine... I don't want it too easy either, and I expect the game is doing the realistic thing to me, forcing me to eventually scrap in a division for a few years, building up my reputation before I'm ready financially to move on to the next.

I think it depends on how far advanced your team's reputation is to start with, and how many reputation points are available to be won by you in your competitions. Starting with a team that was newly promoted to tier 9, with no trophies or honors in its history, in two seasons we've won two league titles (by 22 and 26 points respectively) and a cup. The stadium we are groundsharing in (never have had one of our own) holds 2000. We've averaged 20 fans a game first season and 69 the next. I will be doing cartwheels if i can average a 120 in Isthmian premier next season. And this won't be anywhere near enough to pay the bills I imagine... I don't want it too easy either, and I expect the game is doing the realistic thing to me, forcing me to eventually scrap in a division for a few years, building up my reputation before I'm ready financially to move on to the next.

I think you'll find that if/when you get to a full time level your 60 crowds will have rocketed out of all proportion. Probably many times the population of the host town.

Congratulations on your promotions. I'm just starting my 4th season with Havant and have progressivel finished lower finishing 9th, 15th and 18th

That's dedication. Surprised that you've not been sacked yet :) I'm using my FM12 tactic which seems to be fine this time around too.

This isn't anything new but worth noting all the same. In my save I usually try to go as far as possible with Farnborough which usually sees stadium expansions and/or a new stadium along the way.

The thing that is unrealistic is the way the rate in which the average attendance rises as soon as the space is there. Once I got to Div 1 I would see 100% capacity atendances. I would continue to sell out as I continued rising up the leagues even though the stadium was pushing 20,000. New stadium arrives that holds 32000 and I'm getting 25000 minimum attendances straight away. This makes the game really easy as the gate money is huge.

I'm not sure how unrealistic 25,000 is, because 25,000 would be in the lower quarter of the Premier League today in terms of average attendances. A club that rises quickly would gather support quickly too, thanks to glory-hunting, so this might also apply to your club's rise.
This isn't realistic. Take Wimbledon for example. They would rarely hit 5 figure gates at the top level despite winning the FA Cup unless a big club was in town.

That was ages ago. :D Club averages haven't sunk as low as 4 figures for ages. Even Wigan average 5 figures.

5 figures is fine when you consider Wigan and Blackpool's attendances nearly doubled when they got into the Premier League.

Archived