A cry for help

I take over Monaco with International Footballer reputation. Analyse the squad, make sure I know what peoples best roles are. Use the standard 442, put the players into the positions and away we go.

I have now played 10 games and apart from 2 draws I have lost the rest. I have been using the same tactic all the way through including preseason and the familiarity is high. The team has not changed around much with only one or two changes where needed for injuries.

I have not brought in any new players but Monaco have a squad which should be good enough for this league.

I have been played CM/FM for the past 10+ years and this is the first time I am totally stumped. I played the BETA and managed to do okay with Blackburn getting them into the premier league via the play offs and winning the FA cup so I am not completely useless.

What my question is - has anyone had success in the full fat final release of the game and if so - how? I am obviously missing something key.

I don't really want to go down the FMC route as that is not why I brought the game.

Any observations/assistance would be appreciated.

My because advise would be watch the games in more detail, work out what your players are doing, particularly how they are conceding goals.

use the analysis tab look at:-

- Average positions, where your players are in relation to where they should be.

- passes, how many, how successful, who they are passing to (i.e. what areas) and no. of key asses, what areas of the pitch are they missing them.

- interceptions, where they are being lost, your team shouldn't be failing interceptions in the last third.

- tackles as above.

etc.

This will give you an indication of where your tactics aren't working.

Also get your team's morale up, through team talks, team chats and individual talks.

Top of Serie A with Parma in my first season so far. You need a tactic that will suit your players, but also suit the opposition. I rarely have luck with a flat 4-4-2 against modern formations. Try something new, like a 4-2-3-1 which is both defensively sound and good going forward.

Thank you both for your replies - it is greatly appreciated.

What I wanted to be able to do was:

Pick a side who are stronger than the teams in their division (Monaco tick this)

Pick a pre-built tactic (I used the pre-built 442 that came with the game) I have no interest in building tactics.

Use the assistant manager to take care of the OI, match prep and team talks

Then I wanted to be able to have success. Not unrealistic success but I am struggling. I don't want to have to sit and watch the games in minute detail in order to put tweaks in that may or may not make the difference.

With previous versions this worked well. I am not interested in taking Southampton the premier league champions in the first season or even later seasons - I just want to manage a club well and get jobs at bigger teams.

OneUnited - thanks for the tip on flat 442 - I shall give 4-2-3-1 and I am glad to hear that other people are having success.

I realise that I will get a lot of people saying that I should be playing FMC if I want that more basic game play but I do not subscribe to this.

Any further advice would be welcomed.

Archived