language

Hey,

When playing a game sometimes the assistant points out that the player has a language barrier...

I was wondering if that affects the game much?

For example: if I play with AS Roma

which of those matters:

That the whole team speaks italian (because the club is based in italy) or that for example it would work as effectively if the whole team spoke french or english for example?

Thanks!

I am also confused by this. My St. Johnstone team is now made up in such a way that at any given time at least 7 or 8 of the players on the pitch are either French or French-speaking Africans, yet I get told my new french-speaking signings have issues with the language barrier,

I see your point but what language do you as a manager speak? Rafa Benitez would speak to the spanish players in Spanish and the English is English. If you can't speak french, how easily can you get across your instructions?

I see your point but what language do you as a manager speak? Rafa Benitez would speak to the spanish players in Spanish and the English is English. If you can't speak french, how easily can you get across your instructions?
True, I hadn't really thought of it like that. Might be questions of how it does work compared to how it should work. I don't know either answer though.

On a related note, I wish SI would allow us to choose our own languages. I put myself in as half-american, which is true, and the game sometimes decides I can speak Spanish, which is false. But yet the game gives me no option to put it that I can speak French, which I can.

Penza, for the time being I would take what is said by non-mods and non-SI staff as being informed conjecture rather than an answer.

ANyone had issues with their players not learning the language? I know in some extreme cases like Tevez they don't learn the language but I have 4 Brazilians and Gaston Ramirez who have all been at the club 3 seasons now and none of them speak any english at all?

Archived