Help please - AVIRA

Bought the game (disc for PC).

Loaded it up but when I try to play, message appears "game is currently available (unspecified error)". AVIRA pop up says "A virus or unwanted program "TR/Crypt.XPACK.GEN" was found in the "C:/Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\...\fm.exe" and says file access is denied.

I verified the cache files on Steam Library, following the suggestion by Neil on the demo thread above. Have noted Neil's suggestion that I should add "fm.exe" to exceptions list but I have no clue how to do this.

Can someone please offer assistance to a (computer) simpleton?!

Thanks in advance.

Thank you Haunted1234. I'm very grateful. Should I re-install the game? I had it loaded and I think updated. After this, when I went to play, problem arose. Do I uninstall FM13, do the AVIRA thing, and re-install the game again? Many thanks again - I'm pretty dim at this technological stuff!

the exact steps I followed to play the demo were the following:

- open avira antivir

- go to extras - configuration (F8)

- make sure you're on expert mode (top left should be a yellow "I", not a green "O")

- under pc protection - expand real-time protection - scan - exceptions

- in the right side under processes click on the button with the "..." symbol to add the path to fm.exe (in my case c:\program files (x86)\games\steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2013 demo\fm.exe)

- click add then apply

hope this is what you were looking for

Archived