FM 12: Good Lone Striker in Season 2

misterawesome

I'm playing as Spurs and getting ready for Champions League football in Year 2. Adebayor and Defoe have both been solid, and I have Yaya Sanogo out on Loan to get him ready for the future. I'm looking for a solid 3rd striker to give me some depth with an eye towards the future. I have about 12 million pounds to spend. Sparta Prague wants 17 million plus for Kadlec, which is ridiculous at this stage. I'd be willing to splash out big money over 48 months for Leandro Damiao, since there's a chance he ends up a Spur IRL.

I'm looking for some other suggestions of solid strikers in the 20-25yo range that could be had for 12 million pounds. I play a 4-2-3-1 so they would need to do well as a lone striker.

Thanks.

Thanks, welshace. I have been pouring over the good striker thread and got a lot of interesting names.

I've got an offer to buy Wilfried for 9.5mil (including incentives) and/or loaning Paloschi (with an option to buy for 5mil). I'm scouting Emineke now.

Based on everyone's experience with FM12 (I'm in my first save...late adopter, I know), which of those three guys would you roll with?

This is exactly the help I was looking for! Thanks a bunch. Rondon got moved in the last roster update, so he might be harder to pry loose, but I'll take a look at Doumbia or a huge offer for Damiao. In season 1 it was going to take 25+ to get him. But I might pull the trigger anyways, as he would be my striker of the future.

Archived