Youth Rating

I wondered if the Youth rating of a nation was at all dynamic, if a nation experiences continued success at club level with other clubs developing their facilities will the youth rating of said nation evenetually increase to provide a wider range of good quality regens. I ask because im 20 years into a Hungary save and i dont believe our youth rating has changed at all and despite 2 or 3 clubs now having great facilities their doesnt seem to be a gradual increase of quality in the regens (and having produced a 182 and 194 PA regen im worried their careers at international will be wasted surrounded by a team of 115-140 ability regens) (from checking the editor it doesnt appear to be)

Therefore is there any way to ensure a gradual increase in the quality of regens across the board or will they improve over time as clubs continue to invest in facilities despite the youth rating, or will i always be getting 1 or 2 120-140 pa players with the odd once in a generation star?

I dont think it changes. You can obviously improve the facilities and junior coaching/youth facilities of clubs in the country youre in which will increase the likelihood of good players coming through but the chances of producing as many even with top facilities will always be lower because it is limited by the youth rating of that country. I've never read anywhere that it changes (unless you fiddle around with the editor) although some more knoweldegable people than me may prove me wrong.

chob.. you're confusing the issue here.. there are a number of different attributes that effect the quality of youth that come through...

and back to the OP.. its not dynamic as far as I know..the youth rating of a country is based on the natural level of youth player that comes through before club facilities and other factors come into play..

think of it as how france has a much better grass roots football structure than england right now.. therefore they would have a higher youth rating .. before the quality of a clubs facilities etc are even in play.

• 2 weeks later...

Well to finish off a thread 2 weeks on i've decided to use a live editor to up the rating (moved to about a 100 so still some way off Holland) i just found it frustrating at the best facilities in the world to only be getting 120-140 pa players every year (with the odd exception). I feel really its something that should be made dynamic as the success of a nation increases and clubs start to invest. I mean if the top clubs in Hungary starting getting into the champions league im sure more kids would start playing, and investment in youth would increase.

Hopefully now we'll get a keeper with over 140 pa come through (took me 22 years to see one). Although im slightly proud to boast that i got them into the euro championships, first time in a major tournament since 1986!

Archived