[FM 2012] Release: MacAssistant 2012

Hi Thanoulas. Not asking for a release date as I understand the problems that can cause, but do you have a rough time frame?

I plan for a beta release sometime this month, hopefully in a couple of weeks, with minimum functionality (it will basically be what MA 2012 was)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really looking forward to this Thanoulas! Can't bring myself to play more than a season or two without it :o

FMRTE and Genie now out. Got to resist getting them on the Mrs windows laptop and wait for this.

Yeah, the thing is that they already had their interfaces ready, and I'm rebuilding the whole engine from scratch. Plus it's far easier to do this kind of job on a Windows machine than OS X, where I had to overcome basic issues such as reading from the process memory. OS X has much tighter security when a process asks the o/s to read the memory of another process. In .net it's as simple as one line of code, I had to implement 10 different classes and look into undocumented frameworks to do such a thing! LOL

But I can promise you all it's getting really close, I'm currently figuring out all the offsets for the Players, just a few values left to release an app on par with MacAssistant 12, then it's all new features again like before :)

Is FmScout and FMRTE already out?

Genie Scout is if you donate, not to the proper public yet, not sure on FMRTE.

OT: Really looking forward to this Thanoulas, last years was a massive help for us Mac users! Have no doubt that this years will be even better, fantastic work!

I've prepared a closed alpha test version, people who are interested to help please send me a pm. It loads data, but it doesn't work for now, it's just to test my data loading method. The private testers will get access to a functioning private beta later this week. You need to have the Steam 13.1.2 version, needless to say that pirated versions are probably not working and won't be supported by this app.

Thanks

Also this thread seems alot better than the usual ones for windows based editors / scouts, where there always seems to be alot of sniping and moaning.

Id go with because a Mac user is generally that much older/wiser than your average pc user, as in a macbook pro is a grand a dell laptop is £400 the likelihood of a youngster with no sense of patience who has a mac is a lot lower than that of having a pc based laptop/pc, sorry if that seems snobbish but that is the way I see it.

So, MacAssistant RT is now on par with MacAssistant 2012, all features have now been implemented in RT.

Some notes:

1) Asking Price is not what it used to be. It will now show the asking price only if it's set in the game. It is probably calculated on the fly in the game, and I haven't figured out the algorithm yet.

2) The loading time was almost 3 - 4 mins in the private alpha, I'm currently optimising the loading process and it's expected to be lowered to around 1min. This is the only thing that is left to do for the first release.

Here's the schedule for the releases:

Version 0.4 is going to be the first version of MacAssistant RT that is going to be released. (Due on Friday 27 Nov)

0.4.1 will follow after that, which will have bugfixes and player image support (only through a megapack though) (Due 10 Dec)

0.5 comes next with Staff scouting support, and shortlists (Due 23 Dec)

Finally, for some news.

MacAssistant RT will be distributed exclusively on FmScout.com this season. It will continue to be free.

This helps me by providing me with a dedicated forum for the tool, a bug/feature tracker and a page. Links will be announced here this week as promised.

So, MacAssistant RT is now on par with MacAssistant 2012, all features have now been implemented in RT.

Some notes:

1) Asking Price is not what it used to be. It will now show the asking price only if it's set in the game. It is probably calculated on the fly in the game, and I haven't figured out the algorithm yet.

2) The loading time was almost 3 - 4 mins in the private alpha, I'm currently optimising the loading process and it's expected to be lowered to around 1min. This is the only thing that is left to do for the first release.

Here's the schedule for the releases:

Version 0.4 is going to be the first version of MacAssistant RT that is going to be released. (Due on Friday 27 Nov)

0.4.1 will follow after that, which will have bugfixes and player image support (only through a megapack though) (Due 10 Dec)

0.5 comes next with Staff scouting support, and shortlists (Due 23 Dec)

Finally, for some news.

MacAssistant RT will be distributed exclusively on FmScout.com this season. It will continue to be free.

This helps me by providing me with a dedicated forum for the tool, a bug/feature tracker and a page. Links will be announced here this week as promised.

Great work as usual Thanoulas, only thing though, it says version 0.4 will be out Friday 27th November? That was a Tuesday? lol. Is it available now then? Or am I completely missing something here? :p

Great work as usual Thanoulas, only thing though, it says version 0.4 will be out Friday 27th November? That was a Tuesday? lol. Is it available now then? Or am I completely missing something here? :p

Haha, yeah sorry about that, my calendar must be old :p

Neither. It's getting a release today (10.7 and 10.8)

I'm now working on the 10.5 - 10.6 version

sent u some test results from the beta, hope it helps!

Thank you sherizan, I've seen your results, really helpful! Thought I replied to you!

fingers crossed for it to be out before 5pm. can make full use of it when i get home then, awesome job

It will be.

Mac OS X Versions supported are:

Sorry to the 10.5 users out there but the frameworks I'm using are not available on your o/s

Archived