Messi for £92m. Should I buy him?

hitmann

Spending that kind of money on ANY player is silly tbh. If you plan to play him on the right wing, you should be able to pick up Alessandro Rosina for a quarter of that price. Although Messi is the better player, there's not a world of difference between the two. And if you plan to play him AMC, then there are plenty of players who are just as good/better than him in that position (Nasri, Fernandez, Elano, Silva to name a few).

If you're a large side then you need large players. Buy him since he's worth it. A few players are worth that much since you won't find others like them. Silva, Messi, Ronaldo, Fabregas, Richards, and a few others are one of a kind. You shouldn't be signing Saviet and other low priced players to teams like Chelsea, Man Utd, or Real Madrid. They'll get no time since you'll have better players on hand. Get the best since you have plenty of disposable dough . . .

why not if you are a big club and you have no more position that need improving.

after a few season for a big club you get easily get 200-300mil transfer budget if you are winning everything.

dont forget you are spending the money on one of the top 3 players in the position.

i spent 114mil and 108mil Euros on Silva and Ronaldo for the sake of buying on my Real Madrid save cause i have like 700mil transfer budget. I can easily spend 120mil on one player of my Rival Team to deprive them of their star player. It's pointless but it's just a game and the $$ involve is pointless also. just spend whatever you want but not to the extend of bankrupting the club. but even if you do that you can just move on lol!

have you looked at the kind of prices you'll get for the likes of silva, ronaldo etc?

if not, i'd advise you do that before spending that much on someone

My current Real Madrid team has Fabregas, Silva, Aguero, Messi, Babel, Richards, Breno, Alves, Veloso, and Sergio Ramos. I paid $60M (buy out) to purchase him from Barcelona. When you're a large side like Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barca, etc, you have TONs of money to spend. Who are you going to spend it on? Aquino? Saviet? LoL! Come on . . .

My Real Madrid finances . . .

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/1477/finbudgetpx0.jpg

My Real Madrid Squad . . .

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4158/realmadridtx8.jpg

My Real Madrid financial transfers . . .

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5373/transfersty6.jpg

I'm currently in 2014 and I can't seem to understand the point in saving all that dough when you won't go in debt if you spend it the right way. I have two teams that I rotate. That's why I have a large squad (two teams - 22 players). I play it like Rafa to prevent my players from getting complacent and to also be 100% condition for all all UCL games.

As fettot says, have you checked his min release clause? £92m on a player seems way too much. I supose it depends on the type of game you are playing though, whether its a long-term game or a short game wanting immediate success.

Archived