Wanting clubs to be relegated in real life to make next years FM2013 more interesting :)

I'm happy wolves have been relegated because Steven Fletcher is a player I really like and has served me very well on football manager, now they have been relagated, on FM2013 he should be easier to buy and cheaper. I hope Blackburn get relegated becuase on next years FM I might be able to loan/buy Ruben Rochina in my very first season with Leeds :). Anyone hoping for teams to fail in real life to aid you/make FM more interesting :)

As a leeds fan I wasn't happy at the sale of max gradel on deadline day last year, for the obvoius reason it made our real life team weaker but also because It cost me about £4/5m of what I might have sold him for on this years FM..

When Norwich were relegated to League One it was a disaster, but that years FM was one of my favourite ever games. The fact that I could do a career game and get the Norwich job fairly early as they were stuck in League One and then procede to "rescue" the club and lead them to being the best club in Europe was fantastic. Now the club start in the Premier League and manage to generally stay there makes getting the job bloody difficult (I've now spent four years at Ajax, 12 years since the start of the game, and they have laughed me off twice even when they were relegated for a single season), and not that satisfying to turn things around when you have the Premier League millions in the bank and a massive budget.

Now I'm glad Norwich are in the Premier League and hope they stay there for a long time, but a team that starts in the Premier League is boring to manage on FM.

I very much doubt that Leeds will be able to afford Fletcher in next years FM should he stay. Ken Bates would have a stroke if you asked him for that sort of money in the championship. I start in the championship aswell and tend to look abroad as more value for money can be found.

When I look at who is coming down I think about how much harder they may make promotion.

When Norwich were relegated to League One it was a disaster, but that years FM was one of my favourite ever games. The fact that I could do a career game and get the Norwich job fairly early as they were stuck in League One and then procede to "rescue" the club and lead them to being the best club in Europe was fantastic. Now the club start in the Premier League and manage to generally stay there makes getting the job bloody difficult (I've now spent four years at Ajax, 12 years since the start of the game, and they have laughed me off twice even when they were relegated for a single season), and not that satisfying to turn things around when you have the Premier League millions in the bank and a massive budget.

Now I'm glad Norwich are in the Premier League and hope they stay there for a long time, but a team that starts in the Premier League is boring to manage on FM.

:thup: Too true

Archived