Tranmere Rovers

jamesb123

I'm thinking of starting another game with Tranmere (League 1) but this time I want 1st season promotion through any means. I have many games as Tranmere and for the life of me just can't get promoted - play off final then bottle it and lose 2:0. To do this I rely on a parent club for loans, usually Man City and if so, Ched Evans (scores loads) and Kasper Scmichael or however you spell it (who is brilliant at this level).

This time I want to try it without these loan signings so if I do get promoted I still have a good team but also without selling the main players to raise funds.

As the AI Tranmere usually get relegated or are low to mid-table, but I think it's possible to get promotion with the right players, though who these players are I don't know.

I only have 100k-130k depending on expectations and with a keeper, defenders, midfielders and strikers needed it won't go very far without loan signings. I'm not very good with budgeting for transfers, normally blowing it all on 2/3 players.

Does anyone have any ideas for players for a team with a decent core but lacking any real substance?

• 3 months later...

Richard Offiong, ST, Hamilton. scored 33 goals in 47 games for me at swindon

Seth Johnson, DL / MC, Free transfer. Good centre mid.

Don't really know much about where tranmere need strength though.

Got Mendieta on loan and despite his age he's getting into the Team Of The Week & monthly awards most times. His goals from free kicks and delivery from corners is priceless.

I signed Soley & also got in Kelvin Ethu from Manchester City(parent club). Greenacre is banging in the goals, 21 by January.

Signed Jody Morris aswell as Paul Terry(John's brother), a very take no **** pairing when they play.

I've never really played Greenacre, I usually look to get 2 strikers in as I sell Zola for about 300k and offers always come in for Greenacre. Because of that I have Moore in back-up who scores quite a few from the subs bench.

Started again as my PC crashed and I didn't have chance to save but i'll be looking to sign the players mentioned here (again).

Well, when i first took over i wasn't planing on playing him as i wanted to bring in my own striker, as i took them over in November i had a game the day after i took over. He was top goal scorer already, i figured since he was on form stick with him. Glad i did, 'cause i'm now sitting 4th.

Even though he's top scorer in real life i've never thought of him to be that good in-game. Neither does the AI who always sells him for about 45k!

Curran is also a good one to sell quickly, often get 150-200k for him and he never really makes an impact.

Archived