Youth Recruitment - Average youth recruitment

Board Expectations, Wages and Transfer Budgets

Current Wage Spend - £118,330

EURO Cup qual(league) - £700k/£190k p/w

Champions Cup qual(league) - £950k/£215k p/w

Title Challenge - £1M/£220k p/w

Winner - £1.1M/£225k p/w

Club History

Ok, so the club's history is nothing special compared to the current ongoings at Neuchatel Xamax. The club is based in the small Swiss town of Neuchatel, that barely has a population of 33,000 people, with the most spoken language being French. The club was created in 1970 after a merger of two clubs, FC Cantonal and FC Xamax. The name Xamax comes from Swiss international 'Xam' Max Abegglen, one of the founding members.

Trophies

xamaxtrophies.jpg

The club's trophy cabinet isnt exactly bulging with wares, with their best league performances coming under club icons, Gilbert Gress and Roy Hodgson. Gress led the club to win back to back Swiss Super League titles in 1987 and 1988, before leaving the club with Roy Hodgson taking the helm and continuing their good league performances but failing to win silverware. the club has however appeared in 5 Swiss Cup Finals and failed to win one, as of yet.

Recent History

Now to the interesting and bizarre situation the club currently finds itself during 2011. And I think the best way to start is to introduce you to the current owner of Neuchatel Xamax, Chechen Billionaire, Bulat Chagaev...

screen-30169910.jpg

After taking control in May 2011 and during 5 months as owner of the club since, Bulat Chagaev has sacked 5 different head coaches, and if that doesn't make you one of the most controversial owners in football then what you are about to read firmly cements that title.

As is almost a pre-requisite for wealthy, egotistical new owners, Chagaev arrived with an outlandish and unrealistic promise; to bring Champions League football to Neuchatel. Given that Neuchatel were anxiously peering over their shoulder at relegation, it would take substantial investment and upheaval to bring about Chagaev’s dream of bringing Europe’s elite to the Stade De La Maladière.

And the Chechen immediately demonstrated his volatile side. On the day Chagaev took over, he dismissed manager Didier Ollé-Nicole, bringing in experienced Swiss coach Bernard Challandes as his replacement. Challandes was implored to avoid relegation and then clinch some silverware by beating FC Sion in the Swiss Cup final.

He managed the first part, with Neuchatel evading relegation despite picking up 2 points from the 3 remaining league games. But part two was a bit more difficult and ultimately more explosive. 2-0 down at half time in the Cup final, Chagaev stormed into the Neuchatel dressing room shouting “I’ll kill you all” at his players and coaching staff. Chagaev has since denied this. His explanation is that he showed the players a text from a young fan, who was seriously ill in hospital, and that their performance was killing not only the fan, but themselves too. The plausibility of Chagaev’s explanation is highly questionable.

After losing the final, Challandes was soon axed. Former Brazil and Barcelona striker Sonny Anderson was the new boss, only to be moved to the role of General Manager, after it was found that he didn’t have the necessary qualifications. Instead, Francois Ciccolini was appointed manager number 4 of Chagaev’s turbulent but brief reign.

Rumours swirled during that a number of big name players were to join, the likes of Van Nistelrooy, Heinze and Trezeguet were linked, but no major transfers came to fruition. And after a palpably tense start to the new season, with poor results and Chagaev becoming increasingly paranoid over his new management team, both Anderson and Ciccolini were ruthlessly sacked. Somewhat bizarrely, 3 players were sacked, along with the club’s entire administrative staff.

Jose Caparros was next onto Chagaev’s managerial firing range, lasting just 4 games, despite being unbeaten in all of them. Events at the club were starting to turn very sinister. Chagaev had to be physically restrained from assaulting Caparros. Fans began protest marches, players threatened to go on strike over their treatment and unpaid wages.

At the start of a new save game on FM12, Spaniard Victor Munoz is the new manager, although by the time you read this, he could have exited the permanently revolving managerial door.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squad Analysis

xamaxsquad.jpg

Goalkeepers

Logan Bailly - On loan from Gladbach, zero wage contribution, no future fee. A goalkeeper with some huge flaws to his attributes and definitely doesn't have the solid consistent quality you would want in your man between the posts. But it has to be said for no wages he is worth keeping around as backup for his loan spell at the club.

Jean-Francois Bedenik - The better of the current crop of keepers, although he is still rather poor and no where near good enough to perform in a potentially successful Swiss League team.

Maxime Brenet - The worse of the three goalkeeper, but the kid is only 19, could become a solid goalkeeper if he had the potential and first team football to progress him.

Recommendation - A new first choice goalkeeper is a must for the new season, perhaps take a look at the initial free agent market with a couple of solid all round goalkeepers available, my personal pick would be Kevin Struhr Ellegaard. Also look to either loan out or sell Maxime Brenet.

Defenders

Mike Gomes - DR - A relatively poor and average right back, nothing more than a fringe player for our squad, he is also listed for loan from the start.

Paito - DL - A solid 28 year old Mozambican, with better attacking qualities than defensive, but given the quality of the league, this guy is more than capable to perform well at the club for the time being. Definite first teamer.

Mickael Facchinetti - DL - This 20 year old homegrown talent completes the squad's fairly strong left back options, with strong technicals and a 3 and a half star potential from the assistant's report, he should provide decent enough backup for Paito.

David Navarro - DC - One of a few players in the squad with a recognizable name, he has undesputed quality and experience for player at this level. But with that said he does have a hefty 19.5K weekly wage and his slowing, aging legs combined with that 19 in aggression and 18 for bravery, he could become a serious liability.

Stephane Besle - DC - Despite being club captain and a fairly long history at the club, this guy for me doesnt hack it for me, his quality lacks all over and looks particularly average.

Vincent Bikana - DC - This 19 year old Cameroonian, is the future of the back line for Neuchatel Xamax, with the right development. Rated at 4 star potential from the assistant report, I think it is vital that he sees some first team football in the first season to aid his progression.

Bigamo Rochat - DR/WBR - Another young average looking right back for the club, but I do think that he could be a lot more useful to the squad than Mike Gomes.

Bastien Geiger - DR/WBR/MR - The son of Swiss legend and club icon Alan Geiger, Bastien completes the club's trio of very average right backs, and at 26 years of age, Rochat has the advantage over him in terms of the future of the club.

Recommendation - Given the quality needed at the club in order to move them forward, Anderson Martins from Al-Jaish for DC and Ivan Bandalovski from CSKA Sofia for DR is a must, considering how cheap the pair of them can be aqcuired. Id also suggest selling Mike Gomes or Bastien Geiger to make way for a right back with quality. And also look at selling Stephane Besle if you decide to bring in Anderson Martins or another DC as I believe he is now surplus to requirements.

Midfield

Victor Sanchez - DR/WBR/DM/MRC - Don't let the versatility of this former Barcelona youth product distract you, he has what it takes to perform in the centre of midfield, with a real workhorse feel about him, giving 100% for the team. With his PPM "plays short simple passes" and attributes of 18 in determination, teamwork and work rate, he will be a vital asset in recycling possession for the team.

Marcos Gelabert - DM/MRLC - About to turn 30 in a few months, and nothing special in terms of quality, this guy should only really provide backup for the first season before being sold.

Max Veloso - ML/AMLC - This 19 year old Portuguese left winger, initially has nothing great going for him, but his assistant report suggest that he could have some potential to fill, so a loan deal for some first team football should be a priority.

Irakli Chirikashvili - MLC/AMC - This guy is awful, but due to his recent purchase will be unable to sell him straight away, so either a loan deal before selling him, or just let him sit as emergency backup for now until you can let him go.

Vullnet Basha - MC - On Loan from Grasshoppers, 100% wage contribution, no future fee. This guy initially is very average, but assistant report suggests he could have potential, but that really isnt of any use to us as he is only here on loan. So whether you terminate his loan or give him a chance to deserve a permanent deal is upto you.

Sebastian Wuthrich - ML/AML - Another of the club's youth products, this kid has a positive assistant's report and is very solid all round in his current attributes. Definitely worth keeping around as a left winger option.

Geoffrey Treand - AMRC/ST - A particularly average but solid looking attacking midfield player, is sure to be able to do a job for the squad at this level.

Abdourahman Dampha - AMC - This Gambian teenager is another average looking youth prospect with a positive assistant's report of 4 star potential, might be worth giving him some first team football if you can fit him into your plans. If not, a possible loan deal?

Recommendation - Some midfield quality and depth is needed, even more so if you decide to sell one or two of the current crop. Adam Vass should definitely be looked at to try and pick up for as cheap as possible and would form a tenacious partnership with Victor Sanchez in the middle of the park. But if you loan out Max Veloso and Irakli Chirikashvili, aswell as terminate Vullnet Basha's loan deal, you would need to find some attacking midfielder options too, which may prove hard with a limited initial budget.

Forwards

Javier Arizmendi - AMR/ST - On Loan from Getafe, 100% wage contribution, no future fee. The loanee superstar of the team, who is by far too good to be playing in the Swiss League. You should take full advantage of his quality in the first season, but be wary that you will have to replace him after his loan deal has ended.

Kalu Uche - AMRLC/ST - One of the best players in the squad, for his lowly wages this guy is incredible value for money, and you should make good use of his versatility, and given the lack of winger options at the club he may be more useful on either flank rather than as a striker.

Haris Seferovic - AMC/ST - On Loan from Fiorentina, 100% wage contribution, no future fee. This kid looks like another good youth prospect, but like Vullnet Basha there is no future fee, you should keep hold of him as backup anyway due to the lack of striker options at your disposal.

Recommendation - Id recommend signing one first team quality striker and one youth prospect striker, possibly Paulo Mouche and Kermit Erasmus would fill them two requirements respectively. Possible January investment and transfer budget increase could help you bring in a marquee striker signing. There is no need to sell or terminate any of the current crop of strikers.

Closing Statement and FM2012 Situation

The owner, Bulat Chagaev, in game isnt as brutal as in real life, but I can imagine he will not stand for a lack of progression towards a league title and regular European football. The initial transfer budget is quite small given the fact that the owner is a Foreground Sugar Daddy chairman, but you can expect for him to pump in money and give you generous transfer and wage budgets in the future. The key will be to meet expectations in first season with a few astute signings and then go from there with hefty chunks of money to spend, the biggest limitation in the short term, is League and Club reputation.

So, can you bring the success needed to avoid Bulat's wrath? or are you just another victim in the Chechen Chainsaw Massacre?

Already onto the 2017/18 season with xamax its a very fun save :D first 3/4 seasons are a challenge since teams like basel,zurch,young boys etc still challenge for the title, just make sure you at least qualify for the euro cup so it lets you get better players, Atm ive got the swiss elague an automatic champions league group spot with another ECC spot in the 3rd round qualifier, qualified out of the ECC group finishing 2nd in a group which had barca (1st) arsenal (3rd) and anderlecht (4th). Got knocked out by man city in the knockouts, although we could've won.

The best way to look at xamax is to buy young wonderkids from around the world and build it up like that(which i done) anyway, ask the board to uprade facilities all the time, theyll do it and plus you need a good youth recruitment + facilities as on my game young swiss talent is hard to come by! Atm i have good training facilities (currently being upgraded) and excellent youth facilities (currently being upgraded again) Also got excellent junior coaching and average youth recruitment (Needs improving). The only thing i havent sussed out is when i try and ask the board to expand/build a new stadium the option if never lit up =\ (Yes, i alredy got them to buy the stadium)

Oh and i know the budgets on the first season are like 1mil, finish 2nd/3rd for the euro cup like i did you get around 10m the next season and a ton of extra cash for wages! :p

Oh and by the way, i HIGHLY recommend Carlos Fierro, bought him when he was 19/20 for 14.75m over 48months, been on absolute fire! something like 120club goals in 80 appearances in the league :D

(You can do quite a few 48month deals because of the rich dictator of an owner balances the finances out)

*Oh and btw the badge you have on the main post if the older one this is the new one: :D

Xamax_Neuchatel-logo-CF7DCCF7A7-seeklogo.com.gif

One more thing! THANK GOD Bulat isnt anything in the game like he is in real life or everyone would be sacked for not winning every game 10-0 :p

awww the only thing the side needs to entice me into playing is a better spending budget... shame ... good challenge though.. id only to see how long you can stay aboard as manager.... its like ruding a bull i suspect

Yes the initial budget is small, but you can get like 6mil to spend in January, and then even more after the first season. But getting to January may be tough lol.

Already onto the 2017/18 season with xamax its a very fun save :D first 3/4 seasons are a challenge since teams like basel,zurch,young boys etc still challenge for the title, just make sure you at least qualify for the euro cup so it lets you get better players, Atm ive got the swiss elague an automatic champions league group spot with another ECC spot in the 3rd round qualifier, qualified out of the ECC group finishing 2nd in a group which had barca (1st) arsenal (3rd) and anderlecht (4th). Got knocked out by man city in the knockouts, although we could've won.

The best way to look at xamax is to buy young wonderkids from around the world and build it up like that(which i done) anyway, ask the board to uprade facilities all the time, theyll do it and plus you need a good youth recruitment + facilities as on my game young swiss talent is hard to come by! Atm i have good training facilities (currently being upgraded) and excellent youth facilities (currently being upgraded again) Also got excellent junior coaching and average youth recruitment (Needs improving). The only thing i havent sussed out is when i try and ask the board to expand/build a new stadium the option if never lit up =\ (Yes, i alredy got them to buy the stadium)

Oh and i know the budgets on the first season are like 1mil, finish 2nd/3rd for the euro cup like i did you get around 10m the next season and a ton of extra cash for wages! :p

Oh and by the way, i HIGHLY recommend Carlos Fierro, bought him when he was 19/20 for 14.75m over 48months, been on absolute fire! something like 120club goals in 80 appearances in the league :D

(You can do quite a few 48month deals because of the rich dictator of an owner balances the finances out)

*Oh and btw the badge you have on the main post if the older one this is the new one: :D

Xamax_Neuchatel-logo-CF7DCCF7A7-seeklogo.com.gif

One more thing! THANK GOD Bulat isnt anything in the game like he is in real life or everyone would be sacked for not winning every game 10-0 :p

Wow, so far ahead already, im only in the second season, but for the sake of the thread im gunna do a first season update of who I bought, key matches, etc...

Ill take a look at Carlos Fierro, Im ok for strikers right now though.

Its a very fun save, Club and League reputations limit you so much in how effectively you can spend your money.

BTW, how far have you progressed in the Champions League?

PS. thanks for the badge.

Fierro = god for me at the moment :p

Yep funnest save ive had so far on fm12, ive mostly holidayed it when ive been at college for a season or so come back and do transfers.

Furthest i got was 1st knockouts in the 2017/2017 season got put out by man city, and the few seasons before that i finished 3rd in the group.

Currently sitting 2nd in the group this year 1 point behind Liverpool and 2 games to go. Also got the likes of Luis Guilherme in goals, Romario right back, Van Aonholt as a left back 2 regen cbs (got offered 28mil by man city for the dutch one i had i rejected, he scored 20goals in his debut league season, no clue how probably corners) my midfield is mostly wonderkid regens that including Adryan, wingers are regens again looking very good and fierro playing as a poacher upfront, Im also playing the 4-3-3 barca formation :p

Oh and Sion seem to be the closest title contenders up until 2014, then they struggle not to be relegated, in my game young boys had a season or two they challenged us before falling down atm its basel who are always 2nd to us.

Season 1 Review

Ive had a very successful first season in charge of Xamax, Ill start of by showing you who I signed/sold.

xamaxseason1transfers.jpg

As you can see I had a lot of money to spend in January, but had to be really clever with the little money I had at the start of the game.

Anderson Martins and Ivan Bandalovski were amazing must buy bargains, as was Adam Vass.

The two young South Africans, Siyanda Xulu(DC) and Kermit Erasmus(ST) look promising and already shown signs of development.

Paulo Mouche was relatively cheap, but has no exceptional quality, he just fit inside the starting budget limitations.

Dzmitry Rekish was a left winger I found, that looked to have decent quality for his price of under 100k, but he had issues settling at the club, had to give him back to back leave of absences, which was a shame.

The January window was good fun having money to spend, and knowing where I needed to strengthen first.

I went about selling David Navarro, due to on the field discipline problems and the ever improving pair of Xulu and Bikana.

Also sold Besle, and brought in Sebastian Toro on the recommendation of the forums, and he has been amazing!

Wallyson came in for a small price of 2mil to add some real pacey threat upfront alongside Arizmendi.

I signed Stocker with two thoughts in mind, one, to replace the failed settling of Rekish, and also to bolster my homegrown quota should I reach CL qualification for next season.

And finally, but certainly not least, Osvaldo Martinez, for 1.2mil this guy is incredible! So much so I thought about making a player thread for him, in the league he played 16, scored 3, but assisted 15! In half a season he was able to become the top league assister. Bargain.

season1table.jpg

As you can see I destroyed the league in the first season, my two losses coming to Luzern away and Basel away, both not long after each transfer window shut, so I guess there were some gelling issues. Im very happy with my goals for and against after 36 matches.

season1final.jpg

And I also convincingly won the Swiss Cup final, completing the domestic double in my first year. Also quite pleasing to see me playing against the second tier champions Lugano, after they upset a lot of top flight clubs in earlier rounds. Also a fantastic MOTM performance from Wallyson, scoring a hat-trick and grabbing and assist too.

season1squad.jpg

Fantastic ratings and performances throughout the squad for the full first season, with the shock fans player of the year Geoffrey Treand playing at AMR. For such and average looking player the guy was amazing! But parts of me sadly think its down to a lot of poor left back in the league compared to right backs or centre backs.

Javier Arizmendi was predictably incredible for this level of football. And a lot of new signings performed incredibly, with an impressive goal tally for Toro, amazing amount of assists for Martinez, and great goalscoring for Wallyson.

I had also tied up a deal for the end of the season to sign Gaston Fernandez at the end of his contract on a free as a worthy replacement for Javier Arizmendi when his loan deal ends.

Bulat Chagaev agreed to expend the youth and training facilities, aswell as the junior coaching. But after he agreed to buy the stadium, the plans fell through due to lack of funds, probably due to the facilities upgrade being priority.

But that was a very successful first season, now to spend more of Bulat's money in the summer.

Thanks guys, like I said earlier im half way through second season now so ill probably do another post soon about who i signed during the first full summer, etc.

Also forgot to mention I got Bayern as a parent club,and Strasbourg as a feeder club in first season.

Microlite have you become big enough yet to get a merchandise feeder club?

Ive tried to find a feeder club to improve our rep in another country, the board didnt want to, so i slavered aload of mince to get them to say yes, they come back and couldent find anyway. Athletic bilbao is still our feeder club (Dunno how).

Anyway, i think the next stage is a stadium expansion or build a new one entirely but the game wont even let me mention anything to do with the stadium OR youth recruitment(Unless i want to cutback)

Hopefully they find me a nice little asian feeder club, build a new stadium/expand the stadium and let me improve the youth recruitment, their is NO young swiss talent apart from Shakqiri

Summer 2012

xamaxtransfers2.jpg

I sold pretty much everyone I wanted to sell, however I didnt want to sell Victor sanchez, but was forced to after I noticed his contract expired in 1 year and he wouldnt renew his contract. So I sold him for his value and used the money to sign Granddi Ngoyi(1.1mil) and Adam Nemec(450k).

I probably made a mistake in selling Paito, because I struggled to replace him and ended up just signing the poor but pacey Polish fullback Sebastian Boenisch on a free.

The big money signings for me weren't really my best signings, Enzo Perez replaced Kalu Uche as a versatile winger, and Davy Propper is a Dutch under 21 AMC to provide backup to Martinez.

Failed to sign a better keeper, and ended up picking up Joe Lewis on a free. Also Spanish Under 21 Left Winger Ezequiel for 1.8mil could be a a bargain.

But my best signing of the summer was undoubtedly David Silva on a Free, And no, not the Man City one...

davidsilvau.jpg

He came through the Lyon youth academy but failed to sign a contract and left the club, and then his agent offered me to him, I had to beat clubs like Sevilla to sign him, but I offered way more than he asked for just to be sure. Him and Gaston Fernandez will be amazing upfront together.

Just got beat 4-3 on penalties by real madrid in the 2018/19 champions league final. We were 1-0 on the 73rd minute then higuian score don the 90th. If it wasnt for casillas we wouldve won.

Champions League Final! Nice one!

Ive just finished my second season gunna post an update in a minute.

Season 2 Review

After what I considered to be a pretty successful summer, I was prepared for the Champions League Qualifiers...

The 3rd round qualifier was against Red Bull Salzburg, who I made mince meat of, with a solid 1-0 first leg win, before a 6-2 thrashing at their ground, with strikeforce Gaston Fernandez and David Silva both scoring hat-tricks.

Next up was the Playoff, with my sights on CL group stages, I was happy with getting drawn against Red Star Belgrade. I was confident I could beat them given my early season form, and this was shown as I won each leg 4-1 to take my CL goal tally upto 15 goals scored in just 4 matches.

Then there was the nervous group stage draw, and I was easily ranked the worst team in the pots, with only 8.32 coefficient ranking. The draw was made and I had been given...FC Bayern, Benfica and Malaga, It couldve been worse but it was still one hell of a tough draw, Malaga had made some great signings since the start of the game such as Douglas Costa and James Rodriguez, combine them two with Santi Cazorla playing behind Rondon upfront, that makes for one hell of a scary lineup.

I started off fantastically in the group stages though, beating Benfica at home 3-0 convincingly and then shocking Malaga with an amazing attacking performance at their ground and beating them 4-2. 6 points from 6, top of the group, over the moon! But then....

FC Bayern back to back, the team performed valiantly but I recieved back to back losses as the outcome, 2-3 at home and 3-5 away. I needed to pick up points int he last two games to go through, first up was Benfica away, I struggled to come with their quality and lost 2-4.

So all I needed now with at least a draw vs Malaga at home to go through in 2nd place, and just when i didnt want my strikers to start misfiring, they did, in a match I deserved to win, i didnt and lost 1-2 with both of their goals coming from counter attacks.

This left me in third place and a Europa League knockout spot.

season2clgroup.jpg

February came, and I was facing Steaua Bucharest in the Europa League 1st knockout and I considered them to be similar quality to Red Bull Salzburg and Red Star Belgrade who I demolished in the CL qualifiers. And I desposed of them in style, with 4-2 and 4-1 wins.

In the 2nd round knockout I was facing tough opposition again in the form of Leverkusen, and in both legs my team fell apart, I just couldnt cope all over the pitch. I lost the home leg 0-1 and the away leg 0-3, and that brought an end to my first European adventure.

season2table.jpg

I walked through the Swiss League again, scoring more this time around but conceding more too.

I made some changes to my squad in january, selling Joe Lewis and Sebastian Boenisch as they failed to impress. I then signed Marco Calderoni for Left Back for 2mil, and also Ivan Marcano for a bargain 450k to cover DC and DL. And discovered a nice looking regen keeper too who I signed to replace Joe Lewis.

season2squad.jpg

Some incredible season long performances from a lot of members of my squad...here is a couple of the outshining stars of my team.

Gaston Fernandez - This guy did more than replace Javier Arizmendi, he outshone him by a country mile! in 45 appearences he direct contributed to 60 goals! Phenomenal for a free transfer, ultimate bargain.

David Silva - A very encouraging first season for David Silva, injuries plagued him a little bit, but never the less when he was fit he was firing, and imsure their will be even beter season from him to come. (BTW his regen face randomly disappears at time like in the screenshot, but then like 2 ingame months later it reappears, strange)

Ezequiel - This kid was signed as a tricky option to add some depth to my squad, but he soon became one of the first names on the team sheet. 21 goals and 14 assists from left wing is amazing, he was regularly called up to spanish under 21 squad and his attributes improved quite a lot over the season. another incredible bargain for 1.8mil.

Osvaldo Martinez - Martinez picked up where he left off from his January signing last season. Total assist monster! Definitely worth the 1.2mil i paid, id recommend him to anyone, only downside is you have to retrain him to MC if yyou wish to use him there like I do.

Finally, one disappointment of the season was a poor performance in the Swiss Cup, I stupidly lost to St.Gallen in the quarter final not long after loosing to Leverkusen, it was bit of a bad week on the pitch.

Great start to the summer so far, Bulat Chagaev bought the stadium but I got rejected when I asked for an expansion, the junior coaching was increased again, and work on the training and youth facilities is under way.

But like last summer ive only been given 4-5mil to spend, starting to think the budget of a foreground sugar daddy club is down to club rep, so the higher the club rep the money the owner will invest into the club each summer.

Also increasing facilities is taking a chunk out of my balance each season.

Malaga in second. :cool:

Anyway cool thread.

Yeah thanks, Xamax are a great team to play as, just wish more people played as them on here :(

Its really hard to keep hold of players and to replace them with players of quality, due to low league and club rep. Like ive just lost Anderson Martins for his min fee and he straight up didnt even consider talks of a new contract, then I spotted he had gained continental rep, and moved to a new club a 42k a week wage deal!

Same thing happened after the first season with Victor Sanchez who is one of the better starting players at the club.

Now im paranoid ill have to sell most of my top players as soon as they get into their final year of contract because they are progressing in reputation faster than the club and league.

It really tests your squad rebuilding ability as a manager, with the help of the sugar daddy owner of course, it such good fun though.

Both. Anyone of any quality now or prospects!!!

Some of my best performers I consider to be good enough to play in Germany, Ezequiel - AMRLC, Oswaldo Martinez - AMC and Gaston Fernandez - ST

Also Kermit Erasmus has developed really nicely and can be picked up for like 150k at the start, really pushed hard for a first team spot at the end of last season.

I am currently really really struggling for homegrown players for my champions league squad, I only have one trained by the club, and 1 trained in nation. But tbh i think im going to sell the one trained by the club, as I dont need him anymore...

And there is no way I can attract the best Swiss international players...

Uh oh...

Lmao! I have agreed a contract with Esteban Granero to sign him on a free, but the contract Id be signing him on would be crazy!

Its something like 44k weekly wage, 44k appearance fee, 44k goal bonus, 20% yearly wage rise, £30mil min fee...and few other things I cant remember off the top of my head

Argh! Dunno whether to go through with it! He is a top quality player.

Also trying to sign Turkish International Keeper, Volkan Demirel for a similar contract on a free transfer...Both great quality and I need to strengthen them areas, might just get them both and try to raise the wage budget.

I think thats a bit to much. The wages are fine yeah, but £44k for both goals & appearence :eek:

Its what I had to give him to make up for the fact he wanted 80k weekly wage in the negotiation. I signed him anyway lol and the fans absolutely loved that I got him.

Missed out on Volkan Demirel though :( so have to try and find a top class goalkeeper now, I struggled to get one last summer.

I got luis guilherme for 2.7m NEVER looked back ;)

Yeah I freed up a non-eu slot for my team, but I missed the chance to get Luis Guilherme, he is out on loan atm with and agreed fee to someone else, sadly.

So im just looking at signing like 2 or 3 under 21 goalkeepers that seem highly rated and hopefully one of them pays off. Its risky but im desperate, still cant sign anyone better than Ellegaard who I got on a free at the start of the game.

Also dont worry about homegrown players for the champions league, theirs no great swiss talent, all you can do is up the facilities and bring in your own swiss players.

I should worry, for the qualifiers in season 3, I have 0 trained by clubs and only 1 trained in nation and thats Valentin Stocker, and I still have to register most of my under 20's as they havent been at the club for at least 2 years yet. So all I can register is 18 players, thats not even a full subs bench :(

I wasnt able to afford Ter Stegen, I took a risk on signing Juventus' Romanian youth keeper Laurentiu Branescu.

Just keep the spaces free in your squad registration.

Yeah but thats the problem, I have to keep 7 slots free in a 25 man squad, No chance to compete in the group stages atm with only 18 players to pick from, and like I said none of my youth been at the club for 2 years yet so they cant even be unregistered backup.

I have to hope and pray for an injury free CL group stage

Had a phenomenal start to the season, in the form of LOTS of goals, the new signings of Esteban Granero and Juan Iturbe for the winger positions adds real strength in depth with my current pairing of Ezequiel and Valentin Stocker from last season.

Also the ever improving, and new vice captain, David Silva has been on fire, with 15 goals and 8 assists in his opening 9 matches!

seasonstart2.jpg

Just look at the goals scored! Im demolishing everyone! Another very easy group stage qualification for the Champions League too.

But then came the group stage draw...

clgroup2.jpg

Im gunna be hosts to 10 times(they won it last season on my save) CL winners Real Madrid and 5 times CL winner Liverpool! Cant wait! but I know ill get battered by them both :(

My aim for the CL groups this year is to get the better of Stuttgart and finish 3rd again and try my hand in the Europa League once more.

Lol and now David Silva has just been called up to the France Senior Squad! Awesome!

OMG I LOVE DAVID SILVA!

Now played 11, scored 19, assisted 11, I want his babies!

And to put the icing on the cake he now has Neuchatel Xamax as his favoured club, aswell as me on his favoured personnel!

He is staying for life.....hopefully

Archived