Three Tier English League

BladesUnited

Im thinking of producing a three tier english football league. e.g

Permiership

Championship

League 1

Im sticking with promotions and relegations etc... But what i want to know, what happens to all the other teams which are in League 2 and lower ? Do they just not exist, what about the players and staff of these teams ? Are they all up for grabs ?

One more question, after snooping around Editor, i cannot see where i can rename leagues, can this be done ? Anything else to consider, i will be adding a cup comp too.

Why does everyone ask TWO questions per thread nowadays... its a plague I say!

If you put them in "inactive divisions" which have few settings available then they can be added to cups etc and will just get on with life in their other league. If you leave them outside a league structure they are floating in the ether I guess.

As for question two, open the editor and try it. Most people use a seperate file to apply league name changes as that way has its own benefits. Search for the euro competition name changes to get some examples (if that is still the way people do it, I am usually to old fashioned as I have been doing this too long).

Is there a question limit per thread ? Im not being smart, just asking a question. Thanks for the reply.

No limit, its just quite funny to me that it feels like every thread I open asks a question and then says "and secondly"... Just making me giggle like school girl here :D

Maybe i should have fully explained what im wanting to do, i want to edit how many relegations and promotions etc... plus, if possible implement a relegation playoff system.

In that case you will have to add nation rules via the editor. Just add in the top 3 tiers and the other tiers just won't get any games, but they will still have the same staff and players as they would if their leagues were active.

As for renaming leagues, this can be done quite easily. Simply go to the competitions section, search for the league/cup you wish to change, and then amend the details.

Archived