FM12: FC United of Manchester - The Man United of LLM!

TacticalGenius

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got the chance to bring Aaron Wilbraham into the team on a free, but I don't know... Would you if you had the chance?

His experience and versatility would be great. It all depends on the quality of your midfield and attackers I suppose. But yeah, if his wages are reasonable go for it.

I signed striker Tommy Amos a few games ago, and I've got Scott Spencer as well for up front. Nemeth is pretty much gone though, as his contract runs out soon. Wilbraham wants 650 a week, which I can afford but which I could also bring in a couple of good young players for.

Maybe the younger players would be a better option then.

Into December now and 10 points clear at the top, also into the 2nd round of the FA cup where I face Huddersfield away.

My strike force have been excellent. Baz and Adam have formed a Greg partnership. Brought in Greig Spence as my backup striker, and released Mike Norton.

End of the season, so here's how it went.

League Table: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FC%20United%20FM12/2012-02-08_00004.jpg

Finished the season 5 points in front, and AFC Telford got the second promotion spot after beating Colwyn Bay in the playoff finals. Shame really, as I'd liked to have seen Colwyn Bay get promoted with us.

Manager of the season went to me: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FC%20United%20FM12/2012-02-08_00003.jpg

What can I say, apart from I'm awesome lol.

Player of the season: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FC%20United%20FM12/2012-02-08_00002.jpg

Danny Uchechi got this award, and rightly so. He was brilliant all season, becoming our top scorer, getting the most assists, and being man of the match most often.

Star Players

Danny Uchechi: Obvious choice really. He was the best player in the BSN this season.

Mark McAuley: Defended great all season, and was a threat to the opposition goal every time we had a corner. He's developing really well as well.

Scott Spencer: Second highest scoring player for us this season. He didn't like anything I said in team talks, but played well none the less.

Curtley Williams: Ignore the low attributes. This young player was a great defender for us.

Szilard Nemeth: Played him mostly in a Right Attacking Midfield role, and he did great from that position.

Ross McKinnon: Joined half way through the season, but settled right in and played well for the remainder of the season.

Here's all the incoming and outgoing transfters for the club: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FC%20United%20FM12/2012-02-08_00008.jpg

Maybe the younger players would be a better option then.

Into December now and 10 points clear at the top, also into the 2nd round of the FA cup where I face Huddersfield away.

My strike force have been excellent. Baz and Adam have formed a Greg partnership. Brought in Greig Spence as my backup striker, and released Mike Norton.

Hope you get to the 3rd round and get a good draw against a Premiership team.

Just smashed Hyde 7-2 at home in the FA trophy! :thup:

Brought Spence off the bench for his debut with 10 minutes to go and he completed the win with a wonderful goal.

I went out of the FA Trophy in the first round. Not to worry though.

That's an interesting choice of team. What made you choose them?

I wanted to try something new with LLM as I'd done it all in England with FCUM, so I downloaded a German league add on pack and this team stood out, being associated with Red Bull. The rest, as they say, is history. It's my longest ever (and most successful) manager game save ever, and I couldn't get into FM12 because starting again seems so daunting.

Sounds good mate. What year are you in, and have you won loads of silverware?

2011/12 - 3.Liga: 1st

2012/13 - 2.Liga: 1st, DFB-Pokal: 1st round

2013/14 - Bundesliga: 3rd, DFB-Pokal: QF

2014/15 - Bundesliga: 6th, Champions League: Playoffs, Europa League: Winner, DFB-Pokal: Winner

2015/16 - Bundesliga: 1st, Europa League: Winner, DFB-Pokal: 3rd round, UEFA Supercup: Winner, DFL-Supercup: Runner up

2016/17 - Bundesliga: 2nd, Champions League: 1st KO, DFB-Pokal: Runner up, UEFA Supercup: Runner up, DFL-Supercup: Runner up

2017/18 - Bundesliga: 1st, Champions League: Winner, DFB-Pokal: QF

2018/19 - Bundesliga: 1st, Champions League: SF, DFL-Pokal: Winner, UEFA Supercup: Winner, DFL-Supercup: Winner, Club World Cup: Winner

2019/20 - Bundesliga: 1st, Champions League: QF, DFB-Pokal: QF, DFL-Supercup: Winner

2020/21 - Bundesliga: 1st, Champions League: Group, Europa League: Winner, DFB-Pokal: QF, DFL-Supercup: Winner

2021/22 - Bundesliga: 1st, Champions League: SF, DFB-Pokal: Winner, UEFA Supercup: Winner, DFL-Supercup: Winner

2022/23 - Bundesliga: 1st, Champions League: Winner, DFB-Pokal: 2nd round, DFL-Supercup: Winner

2023/24 - Bundesliga: TBD, Champions League: TBD, DFB-Pokal: TBD, UEFA Supercup: Winner, DFL-Supercup: Winner, Club World Cup: Winner

Friendlies done, and here's how they went: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FC%20United%20FM12/2012-02-10_00002.jpg

Not too bad against teams around and just below our level. The games against bigger teams, I didn't expect to win so I wasn't worried about those losses.

Here's our finances: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FC%20United%20FM12/2012-02-10_00003.jpg

Nearly at £1mill, but have that big debt to pay off for the new stadium. Anyone know if, when I'm making more money, I can pay that debt off in larger sums or outright?

Here's our transfers, in and out: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FC%20United%20FM12/2012-02-10_00002.jpg

Some great players signed for us for free.

Mathias Redsted is an ex-Brondby and Colwyn Bay right back (with a cool hairstyle). Although his natural fitness is low, he's yet to be off at all with any kind of injury.

Anton Peterlin is an ex-Everton, Plymouth, and Walsall Defensive Midfielder.

Stuart O'Keefe is an ex-Ipswich midfielder, who can play all around the midfield area.

Craig Duguid is an ex-Aberdeen left back.

Scott Garner is an ex-Leicester central defender.

Lee Croft is an ex-Man City Norwich, and Derby right sided midfielder with loads of experience.

Paul Benson is an ex-Southend and Charlton striker, who I signed as a player/coach for backup and for his great attacking coaching.

Ignore Mitchell Hanson. I got him in on a non-contract, and he turned out to be a bit rubbish so I got rid of him.

Managed to get Cammell Laird as a feeder club, but still no luck getting a parent club. I'm not paying the feeder club anything, so that's good.

My coaching ratings are looking pretty good, but I think I can get them even better. Here's how they look now: http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af113/wheatorules/FC%20United%20FM12/2012-02-10_00011.jpg

Season preview

The board thinks we'll be in a relegation battle, but I think I can get the team into the top half of the table (preferably in a playoff spot). Hoping the board will agree to the club turning profession by the end of the season, if I keep pressuring them to do so.

Currently 10 points clear at the top of he BSP 16 games in.

Ameobi and Adam have formed a fantastic partnership up front. Just need to keep the form going and hopefully we'll be in the league next season.

Also, managed to keep my wage budget low. Around £3,000 under my £7,000 budget!

Scott Spencer recently left the club, and I just replaced him with Philipp Prosenik, a striker who strarted out with Chelsea. I'm currently £491 under my wage budget.

Just beat Hereford (League 2) 2-1 in the first round of the FA Cup, which was a great result. O'Keefe scored a really good goal in the 16th second of the match, chipping the ball over the keeper from outside the area.

I'm getting a bit annoyed with my board. They won't let me scout outside of the UK, no matter how many times I ask them. They also can't find me a parent club... Surely there's a club somewhere that's after a team at BSP level to send their younger players to!

Tempted to start a save with FC United, but don't quote me on that, because I've said that about so many teams already on this year's FM. However, the only team I've really been able to get into in recent years were Man United (the Manchester connection) and Thurrock FC (the BSN/BSS connection) so hopefully this should be the perfect save for me!

Just holidaying now, taking an age though. By the way, I thought I should mention that the link to the kits doesn't work any more. fcunitedfan, could I ask you to upload the kits to the website again or maybe use a different site? Congratulations on your success as well by the way (and you too m1234566778), really enjoyed reading through the thread. I hope I can contribute too and we can really get this thread buzzing!

Archived