FM12 FC Shakhtar Donetsk Thread - "The Brazilian Colony"

lfc7

We were so close;

clfinal2012.png

We had less possessin than them, (this I set up for as I play cunter attack against the bigger teams), though we had more attempts than them and generally looked more threatening. (That was also case in the fixtures against Inter and Chelsea). Unfortunately we just weren't clinical like we were in those games. Also losing Douglas Costa early in the second half hurt us alot aswell.

Still, we performed decently, but it just wasn't t be I guess.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lfc7 - Do the clubs affiliated with Shakhtar who are in the Premier Division with us have the affiliations cancelled ging int the second season as on previous FM's?

Not on me save atm but will check when am next on

We were so close;

clfinal2012.png

We had less possessin than them, (this I set up for as I play cunter attack against the bigger teams), though we had more attempts than them and generally looked more threatening. (That was also case in the fixtures against Inter and Chelsea). Unfortunately we just weren't clinical like we were in those games. Also losing Douglas Costa early in the second half hurt us alot aswell.

Still, we performed decently, but it just wasn't t be I guess.

Unlucky tomtuck still a great effort though. Isn't it mad the way we both got to the final but just couldn't win it

I'd already sorted out three transfer for season two;

Ganso - £21.5million (rising to £23.5million)

Leandro Damiao - £20million

Mateo Kovacic - £3million

After that, not alot. A few players will be departing, and any other signings I make will be Ukrainian.

Ganso went to city on mine :( I might make one signing but make sure it's a big one, would like it to be Ukrainian but all the Ukrainian's I want play for Kyiv :(

Just loaded my save up and am on 2nd July and my affiliated clubs are: Karparty, lllichivets, Zorya, Stal Alchevsk, Olimpic Donetsk and Stal Dn

Regarding the affiliated clubs, that's very good then, as it means the affiliations haven't been cancelled. In other leagues, if you are affiliated with a club in the same division for the first season, then it gets cancelled heading into the second season.

As for Ganso, I got in at the start of my save. I didn't want him immediately, hence why arranging it for the second season. Same with Damiao and Kovacic. God knows where I'm going to fit everyone in!

Am covered for each position except for upfront if i sell Eduardo. I may need a GK next season as Rykba is unhappy about not getting enough playing time and with his contract running out at the end of the season, he wont sign a new one

Ill post my squad later on

I've been using Rakitskyi and Kryvtsov as my main DC with Chygrynskyi and Chyzhov as backup. I was using Chygrynskyi at first but he put in some poor performances. Hubschman has filled in well there aswell

Of the players to come back off loan I've kept Fedetskyi as backup to Srna so shall now sell Kobin and another loanee who cam back Butko as there isn't enough room for him. I am hoping to get a buy back clause for them just incase.

I've also kept Chaykovskyi and Vitsenets as they look decent. Lastly I have kept Kozhanov who has impressed so have offered him a new contract

I use Rakitskyi and Kryvtsov also, and have cover at RB as I bought Sime Vrsaljko as Man City cam in for Srna, but he didnt go and so I have them both. LB is the only problem position for me, playing Gai, but could do with more cover. No other Ukranian LB will come or are good enough though ??

I use Rakitskyi and Kryvtsov also, and have cover at RB as I bought Sime Vrsaljko as Man City cam in for Srna, but he didnt go and so I have them both. LB is the only problem position for me, playing Gai, but could do with more cover. No other Ukranian LB will come or are good enough though ??

I got Gabriel Silva and use him and Gai. I have just signed Gai up to 2013 as he done well in season 1, When he isnt good enough i am looking on bringing in Volodymyr Polyovyi from Arsenal Kiev take a look

CL group finished, 16 points, only dropped the 2 to APOEL, beat Zenit and Arsenal home and away.

Draw for the next round is..........

Valencia mmmm

Good luck against Valencia

With everyone raving about these, decided to start a save with them myself :D The first team outside of liverpool i have a save with this version.

Who should be sold?

Alright stevie and welcome to the thread :D you can take a look at the opening post for the squad analysis if you want but for season 1 i brought in Damiao, Gabriel Silva, Toloi (mistake) and old club favourite Tymoschuk

I sold V.Shevchuk, J.Agahowa, M.Moreno and sold Leonardo, Luiz Adriano and Kucher in Jan

Take a look at posts 87-89 on page 1 of the thread for my season 1 review. Good luck with the save

I got Gabriel Silva and use him and Gai. I have just signed Gai up to 2013 as he done well in season 1, When he isnt good enough i am looking on bringing in Volodymyr Polyovyi from Arsenal Kiev take a look

Good luck against Valencia

Alright stevie and welcome to the thread :D you can take a look at the opening post for the squad analysis if you want but for season 1 i brought in Damiao, Gabriel Silva, Toloi (mistake) and old club favourite Tymoschuk

I sold V.Shevchuk, J.Agahowa, M.Moreno and sold Leonardo, Luiz Adriano and Kucher in Jan

Take a look at posts 87-89 on page 1 of the thread for my season 1 review. Good luck with the save

Sold a few players and Damiao was the first name brought in. i wont need to change too much to make the team my own as i like a lot of the current players in srna, Fernandinho, douglas costa ect.

Had a look at Polyovyi, only 2 stars for current and potential though...

Have signed Gai to 2014 just in case.

He will be good enough as backup and good ecspecially for the Ukrainian league. When Gai isn't good enough anymore if there is no one better I will be signing him

Sold a few players and Damiao was the first name brought in. i wont need to change too much to make the team my own as i like a lot of the current players in srna, Fernandinho, douglas costa ect.

That's why I barley bought anyone in season 1 and in season 2 I have £52M but don't think I'll make any signings unless someone like Messi becomes available ;)

He will be good enough as backup and good ecspecially for the Ukrainian league. When Gai isn't good enough anymore if there is no one better I will be signing him

That's why I barley bought anyone in season 1 and in season 2 I have £52M but don't think I'll make any signings unless someone like Messi becomes available ;)

Messi at shakhtar :D

Am at the end of July in season 2 and as I said earlier I would post my team, some o the players are players that came back from loan

GK - Pyatov - Rybka - Tetenko

DR - Srna - Fedetskyi - Kobin (wanted to sell but someone offered to pay me £2.3M to loan him for a season so bit there hand off)

DL - Silva - Gai - Chaykovskyi (not sure what to do with him)

DC - Kryvtsov - Chygrynskyi - Hubschman

DC - Rakitskyi - Chyzhov - Tolói (Out on loan looking to sell)

DM - Tymoschuk - Stepanenko

MC - Jadson - Patrick - Vitsenets

MC - Fernandinho - Mkhitaryan - Churko (Out on loan)

AMR - Willian - Teixeira - Kozhanov

AML - Dentinho - Costa

ST - Damiäo - Seleznyov - Yurchenko (Out on loan) - Eduardo (looking to sell)

Am maybe lacking a bit upfront if Damiäo gets injured but I'll just put Dentinho up top

League won with 5 games spare, 18 point lead. pl 25 w 23 d 2 l 0

Beat Valencia 4 - 2 on agg in CL last 16, Marseille in 1/4s, 4 - 1 win at home, 0 -0 away....

Real Madrid or Chelsea in semi .. its Madrid.....oh crumbs !!!!!

May need to bring a striker in on loan as Seleznyov is out for a month am left with Damiäo and Dentinho. I normally play Dentinho AML but use him as cover for upfront if needed, but Dentinho is out for 3 months so if Damiäo got injured i'd be in **** street.

Am looking at Pandev or Sturridge atm

Why don't yu look Ukrainian? I've just bought in Roman Bezus for a fee that could add up to £8.5million after various clauses.

I have him on my shortlist but am only looking on bringing in someone short term. Am currently looking at a few Ukrainins aswell, but once Seleznyov is fit and Dentinho comes back along with Damiäo am covered for up top and if i signed someone permanent I couldnt give them games.

I still have Eduardo in the reserves but he has never impressed, no one will even buy him for a £1M

Edit: frig it am going to sign Bezus but I'll just have to not use Dentinho upfront if injuries occur so he gets game time. He looks decent and I don't want Kyiv getting him.

I've signed Bezus for £6.5M upfront and 525k after 10 app and 525k after 10 goals. I played Willian upfront in my last game as I had no one else and he got 4 goals (3 in 5 mins :D)

EDIT: The day after signing Bezus I threw him in against Tavria away and he didn't disappoint scoring the opening goal in a 3-0 win :D

Real Madrid shouldn't be a problem. I beat them 2-0 in the Bernabeu after going down to ten men after just two minutes. ;)

nice.

However I am without Jadson, Rat, Eduardo,Rakitskyi and Gai !! so a bit of a makeshift defence with Kryvtsov at LB and Tymoschuk at CB !!

sticking to my very fluid. attacking 4 2 2 2 , here goes nothing

nice.

However I am without Jadson, Rat, Eduardo,Rakitskyi and Gai !! so a bit of a makeshift defence with Kryvtsov at LB and Tymoschuk at CB !!

sticking to my very fluid. attacking 4 2 2 2 , here goes nothing

Good luck against R.Madrid

Well now !!!

A 3 - 1 defeat in the away leg , then a 4 - 1 win at home, Jadson, Fernandinho and 2 from Damiao, put me in the final against, yes you've guess Man City.

Before that their are 2 League games to play to get the undefeated season...plus the Cup semi.

Season over.

Wins in Super Cup and Ukrainian Cup, plus undefeated in League, 28 wins , 2 draws, winning margin 21 points

CL final v Man City , a fighting performance but ultimately a 2 -1 loss.

Thinking I might just put away this save now, not going to have an other season like that !! :-)

First game back in the CL of season 2 and am hoping the bubble hasn't burst as the team put in the worst performance since I started the save losing 5-1 away at Chelsea :eek:

Everyone apart from Damiäo had a really poor game, hopefully it will just of been a bad day at the office

EDIT: The report from after the match said we were unlucky to come away with a loss :confused:

lfc7 - Can't believe you got such a tough Champions League group! I was fortunate to be among the first set of seeds, though that was because Internazionale went out in the qualifying round to Celtic! Here's my group;

Shakhtar

Villarreal

Celtic

Dortmund

I would expect to get through that relatively easily.

lfc7 - Can't believe you got such a tough Champions League group! I was fortunate to be among the first set of seeds, though that was because Internazionale went out in the qualifying round to Celtic! Here's my group;

Shakhtar

Villarreal

Celtic

Dortmund

I would expect to get through that relatively easily.

Gutted to get that group tbh. After the joke of a game at Chelsea we drew 2-2 at home with Juve after being 2 down, I think the problem in that game and the Chelsea one may have been my team talks. I have At Madrid up next at Home then face them away, they beat Chelsea so the group is really tight and am hoping I can get through

What happened yesterday to Shakhtar Brazilian wonder? Hulk and company decimated this super-team, which in reality is only in the game. Moutinho should have a higher PA for all players of Shakhtar midfielder added.

Shakhtar is the most overrated team in the game, a shame, wonderkid Douglas Costa only took 5 minutes from the end ...

The Si has to take measures on Ukrainian research, because change, like no other, the reality of the game.

Shakhtar is a second-tier team in Europe, and the Brazilian colony, is far from being a group of aliens.

lfc7 - A great signing, obviously. But once again, I am not sure whether you actually need him or not given the options you already have in your squad.

And regarding how you did against Chelsea, it may be smething to do with your team talk. When I won 5-0 away against them, I just told them they were underdogs and to go out and enjoy the game. It seemed to do the trick!

lfc7 - A great signing, obviously. But once again, I am not sure whether you actually need him or not given the options you already have in your squad.

And regarding how you did against Chelsea, it may be smething to do with your team talk. When I won 5-0 away against them, I just told them they were underdogs and to go out and enjoy the game. It seemed to do the trick!

I got him because Seleznyov has asked to leave as he isn't playing much so when I sell him in jan, for upfront I have Damiäo, Bezus and Dentinho if needed. If I was to get injuries I would be screwed, and I know Seleznyov is Ukrainian but I have Bezus.

Regarding Team Talks I always do Passionate in the League at the start and it works great, but in Europe I use assertive and it works well. For both games I used passionate instead of assertive. Against At Madrid I remembered to use assertive and won 3-0 :D

In the Champions League against all my bigger opponents, which there were a few, I used Calm team talks.

Ahh so Moura, as classy is he is, will be shoe hrned into any position possible!?! *safety wink*

I'll keep the calm team talk in mind thanks :thup: As for Moura he will play AML and rotate with Costa. Dentinho will rotate upfront with Damiäo and Bezus. I Was happy with the squad but didn't want to bring another striker in when Dentinho can play so well upfront, so decided to get someone for the AML position and decided on Moura :D plus he's Brazilian.

Forgot to mention I brought in Branescu on loan as Rybka wasnt happy and had 12 months left on his contract. He wouldn't sign another contract so he got sold and Branescu was the only decent keeper I could get as it was the last day of the window. He is the only non Brazilian/Ukrainian I have signed so far, although he is only on loan but I could buy him for £5M if I want.

I did want a Ukrainian keeper but couldnt find any decent ones that would join, any suggestions ?

Archived