[FM11] The Gingerbread Men - Market Drayton Town

Shinwow

The Gingerbread Men - Market Drayton Town

This is my first Career Update. I'm partly creating this so I can track my game though the years and partly just to share my game. I probably won't go into too much detail, but I will update where I finished etc at least once a season, maybe more. My ultimate goal in this game is to win everything with Market Drayton (picked due to being the nearest club to me at level 8). I don't expect to achieve it but I can always dream!

Game Setup

Database: 11.3.0 with Uncle Ron's level 8 edit

Size: Large

Playable Nations: England (to level 8), Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland, Ireland (all down to lowest default league)

View Only: South Africa, South Korea, Mexico, U.S.A, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Holland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, Wales, Australia, Argentina, Brazil (all down to lowest default league)

Manager set with automatic experience (unproven) and joined Market Drayton Town

Market Drayton Town

mdraytonfc.png

Market Drayton Town F.C. is a football club based in Market Drayton, Shropshire, England. They joined the West Midlands (Regional) League Division One North in 1998. In 2003, they changed their name from Little Drayton Rangers to their present name. In the 2005-06 season, they were champions of the West Midlands (Regional) League Premier Division and were promoted to the Midland Football Alliance. The club won this league in 2008-09 to gain promotion to the Northern Premier League First Division South. After an eight-year spell, the club's most successful manager in its short history, Simon Line, left to join Hednesford Town in October 2009.

The club's record attendance for a home match is 229, set in the 2009–10 season.

Founded: 1969

Rep.: Obscure

Ground: Greenfield Sports Club

Capacity: 1000

Facilities: All Basic with youth at minimal

Average Ticket Price: £6

Season Ticket: £110

Season Ticket Holders: 35

Estimated Value: 35k (£2.5k loan debt)

Prediction: 15th

2010/11 Season January Update

First things first, I'm on a £95 p/w contract till 6/12.

I've been given £1300 p/w in wages to work with and no transfer budget.

Staff

Got rid of the previous assistant and brought in a replacement plus 2 coaches, giving me 1.5-2 stars in everything. I'm thinking this should be ok for this level. My assistant has 10 in both judging ability and potential, which is the main thing I look for in my assistant.

Players

Not too familiar with this level but nobody looked up to scratch from the initial bunch except Grant Goodhead, who looks a decent centre back and Martyn Davies, a striker. Apart from these two plus a few other decent players who were on a low wage, I tried to get rid of everyone. In the end 9 players went on free transfers. I brought in 15 players to replace them, going £40 over the wage budget.

season05transfers.jpg

season05players.jpg

Players that stand out are Wixon and Sheridan, although in the last few games Sheridan has been horrible, with most of his shots being nearer the corner flag than the goal. I'm hoping it's just a blip.

Tactics

Set them all up on a simple 4-4-2 but with a bit more fluidity than normal.

League

season05table.jpg

I went the first 16 games in the league unbeaten and was absolutely flying. But in the last 9 games we've only managed 9 points and I'm really struggling to turn it around. We've managed to throw away a 9 point lead.

Cups

F.A Cup - Eliminated 2nd Qual. Round

F.A Trophy - Eliminated 1st Qual. Round

President's Cup - Eliminated 1st Round

Challenge Cup - Eliminated 3rd Round

We couldn't reproduce our league form in alot of the early cup games, losing to similar level competition in them all.

2010/11 Season End Update

We won the league with ease in the end with 3 games to spare. Our form picked up towards the end of the season while all the other teams struggled to be dominant. Only Leek put up any sort of challenge (and just to rub it in that we are the champions we beat them 3-0 at home in the last league game).

League

season1table.jpg

Cups

Won the Chairman's Cup:

Market Drayton 4 - 1 Curzon Ashton

We also won the fair play award picking up only 24 discipline points.

season1players.jpg

Fans Player of the Year: Gary Funnell

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Our stadium is now currently undergoing expansion in order to comply with the higher leagues regulations. They originally planned a stadium move but it was rejected by the council. It's costing £72k. In the meantime we are ground sharing with Crewe.

Old Capacity: 1000

New Capacity: 1500

Completion Date: 09/12/2011

Since our highest attendance last year was 290 it's a bit of a waste of money. But it can't be helped.

I Believe I can avoid relegation

Wage Budget: £1.8k p/w

Unfortunately even after a cash injection we are £74k in the red. Might have to be a bit more careful with the wages.

Media Prediction: 19th

Promotion Odds: 3-1

The bookies think I can achieve back to back promotions! I'm not so sure.

Archived