Striker Combinations

Ok I thought I would ask what we think is the best striker combination.

For example if you choose a 4-4-2 the game automatically has the one of the strikers as and Advanced Forward and the other as a Deep Lying Forward. Now to me this is probally the best combination for this set up as they will link up with the remaining team.

What I am asking is if you play a poacher then what would be best to line up next to him an Advanced Forward, Depply Lying Forward etc etc.

Post all your combinations below.

Currently I play a 4-3-2-1

GK - Defend

RB - FB - Auto

LB - FB - Auto

CB - Defend

CB - Defend

MCR - Advanced Playmaker - Attack

MC - Ball Winning - Defend

MCL - Deep Lying Playmaker - Support

AMR - Inside Forward - Attack

AML - Inside Forward - Attack

ST - Advanced Forward - Attack

Would you play my team this way or would you play the striker as something different ?

I'd personally play the striker as trequartista making him drop deep and make play for your two inside forwards but this is just preference. There is nothing wrong with how you set your team up and if the tactic fits the players than keep things as they are. If for instance your inside forwards aren't that great at scoring goals but are very creative having someone lead the line and apply the finishing touch while also going wide to make space for the inside forwards and maybe supply them with some crosses might work a lot better than having someone sit a little deeper providing your inside forwards with throughballs and creating space for them by roaming to the flanks and deeper infield.

I agree with Marsupian (which I seem to be doing ever more frequently!), your tactic needs to fit your players. I play a similar style but with a DMC and I couldn't get it working until I used a complete forward - attack. My 1st choice striker has ppm's that mean he likes to drop deep whilst the CF-Att role means he stays higher up the pitch but uses his great decision making and vision to choose the best option at the best time, this, combined with lethal inside forwards means that all 3 are happy and playing in synergy.

Playing 424

FR - Poacher

FL - Complete Forward

AML/R - Wingers

Usually, both forwards net over 20 goals. Wingers get about 10 each.

Alternative:

FR - Advanced Forward

FL - Deep Lying Forward

AMR - Winger

AML - Inside Forward

I used this when I had a very good ST/AML players in addition to two very solid forwards. Similar results except the AML scored more than 20 goals and the FL scored less.

Both setups have produced well for multiple teams in multiple leagues.

Archived