Is Aggression needed?

I always assumed a fair amount of aggression is needed for my defenders and defending midfielder. But, what does this attribute actually mean? I know the official translation of the attribute so spare me that explanation.

I find it hard to understand what is the difference between bravery and aggression.

Can someone share their opinion about this issue with me?

It's explained in here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/238682-Explanation-of-the-Impact-of-Player-Attributes-During-Match-Play-*Updated-for-FM11*

And I really would suggest reading the official translation of what they are again, because you can't distinct the difference between them. It's easy to see the difference by reading what it says.

In short though, a player with a high bravery attribute will risk injury and is the die hard sort of player. A player with an high aggression attribute will look at involving himself in everything in regards to play and situations.

Cleon, thanks for your reply.

This reflects a player’s attitude in terms of playing mentality but is not necessarily a dirtiness indicator. A more aggressive player will look to involve himself in every incident and get stuck in, perhaps at the expense of a yellow card or two. A less aggressive player may shy away from situations and merely drop into his comfort zone.

What do you actually mean with an incident?

And, now that you have given the explanation of aggression, would you like this attribute in a defender or not?

I would never pick a defender with a aggression lower than 5, would you?

Cleon, thanks for your reply.

This reflects a player’s attitude in terms of playing mentality but is not necessarily a dirtiness indicator. A more aggressive player will look to involve himself in every incident and get stuck in, perhaps at the expense of a yellow card or two. A less aggressive player may shy away from situations and merely drop into his comfort zone.

What do you actually mean with an incident?

Every tackle, lost ball etc. For example if a player has a high attribute then when he goes for a tackle he'll go into the tackle been agressive, He's not bothered if he picks up a yellow or red card. How dirty that aggression would become would be translated by his other attributes like tackling, positioning, determination, concentration and decisions etc.

If a player had a low bravery attribute then he would probably pull out of the tackle a lil early as he wouldn't risk injuring himself.

And, now that you have given the explanation of aggression, would you like this attribute in a defender or not?

I would never pick a defender with a aggression lower than 5, would you?

Yes I would still buy them, I wrote something about this in post 81 of this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/238687-Explanation-of-the-Impact-of-Player...DISCUSSION-THREAD-*Updated-for-FM11*?p=6140784#post6140784 when someone else asked me about the same thing a couple of weeks ago. This thread btw is different to the one I linked you further up in the thread :)

Aggression is a great thing. Aggressive players with good workrate are great for closing down the opponent. You can win the ball back quickly. But obviously it can be double edged sword. Your players end up picking too many cards. Certainly avoid players who have aggression 19 or 20 (especially central defenders and defensive mifielders). Very high aggression attribute can be a very good indicator, that certain player has also high diritiness attribute (hidden attribute). There is nothing worse than playing every second match in ten men. :)

Archived