Costas Training

Hi to everyone,

For second season in a row I uploaded my training schedules in order to share them and of course to improve them.

The 12.4 version contains the following schedules:

SENIOR TRAINING

- Goalkeeper

- Centerback (Centerback schedule with no shooting training. In FM 2012 composure gets trained by Tactics slider so no need to get individual training anymore)

- Fullback

- Defensive Midfielder

- Midfielder

- Attacking midfielder

- Winger

- Fast Striker

- Targetman

- Pre Season Defenders

- Pre Season Midfielders

- Pre Season Forwards

- Injury Recovery: Unlike irl, in FM how hard or not a training schedule is does not affect a player's fitness. As a result the injury recovery schedule won't help your players regain their fitness after an injury but will help them avoid another injury during their recovery period.

YOUTH TRAINING

- Goalkeeper - Centerback - Fullback - Defensive Midfielder - Midfielder - Attacking midfielder - Winger - Striker - Pre Season Defenders - Pre Season Midfielders - Pre Season Forwards

Unlike what happened at senior training, after running some tests, I observed that altering workload from heavy to very heavy doesn't have a significant effect on the number of injuries suffered. So I decided to keep workload at very heavy but if anyone faces injury problems please inform me!

- Injury Recovery

PART TIME TRAINING

- Goalkeeper - Centerback - Fullback - Defensive Midfielder - Midfielder - Attacking midfielder - Winger - Striker

VETERAN TRAINING

Schedules focused on physical training for over 30 players.

- Goalkeeper - Centerback - Fullback - Defensive Midfielder - Midfielder - Attacking midfielder - Winger - Striker - Pre Season Defenders - Pre Season Midfielders - Pre Season Forwards

TEAM TRAINING

Schedules based on Mantralux' s Training Masterclass thread. Use them to help new players ''match'' to the rest of the squad. Schedules available for possession and counter tactics for now.

- Possession Defenders - Possession Midfielders - Possession Forwards

- Counter Defenders - Counter Midfielders - Counter Forwards

UNHAPPY PLAYERS: If you have players unhappy with the training workload reduce the workload of their training by 4 or 5 notches. This way players will become happy and the training results will be almost the same.

Changes from version 12.1 to 12.2:

- Youth schedules added

- Small changes made in every schedule.

Changes from version 12.2 to 12.3:

SENIOR TRAINING:

YOUTH TRAINING

- Injury Recovery schedule added.

- Preseason schedules added.

PART TIME TRAINING

- Part time schedules added

Changes from version 12.3 to 12.4:

- Veteran schedules added

- Team schedules added

DOWNLOAD SCHEDULES HERE!

Feel free to express any criticism (negative or positive) in order to help me improve the schedules.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
when do we put players in the injury recovery and when do we take them out ?

I put players in the injury recovery schedule when they get injured but because while they have a red injury status they don' t get trained, you can put them when they get an orange injury status (resume light training) if you want. You can then put them back to their initial schedule once they will regain their condition and are ready to play (personally I take them out after reaching 90% condition).

Any chance you could provide a link without the FM-Base sign up requirement?

Whilst I appreciate the efforts of people registered and contributing at FM-Base, some people only use these forums and many might not want to sign up.

(As I'm registered) and have the schedules I can upload to my file host and provide an alternative link if you like?

I put players in the injury recovery schedule when they get injured but because while they have a red injury status they don' t get trained, you can put them when they get an orange injury status (resume light training) if you want. You can then put them back to their initial schedule once they will regain their condition and are ready to play (personally I take them out after reaching 90% condition).
%

will it not take long to gain 90% fitness when they are on the injury recovery schedule because the strength and aerobics are so low compared to the default conditioning schedule ?

1. Conditioning schedule is more like a pre season schedule than an injury one.

2. Strength and aerobic are low on purpose, it's a way to avoid another injury.

3. Check this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/77549-SI-nice-job!-Condition-and-fatigue-in-FM

Seems that players gain back condition regardless the intensity of their training.

In pre season is even more important to use the injury recovery schedule because the higher workload of the pre season schedules increases the possibility of a re-injury. Do you notice a lot of injuries during pre season?

i had 2 injuries during pre season so not bad...one was to my 36 year old might be a little to heavy...the youth team had 6 injuries though

As I explain in my OP youth pre season schedules are set to very heavy because I had almost the same injuries between heavy and very heavy. If you could answer me some answers it would be very helpful. How many players did you have in youth pre season schedules? How long have you kept players in pre season schedules? Were all 6 injuries received in training? How long were the injuries? Thanks in advance!

Actually this is something that I am looking into right now. From my experience I can tell you that you should just ignore them without having any serious problems but I am now testing if a lower training workload can really help these players. Will report back on this after a day or two.

As I explain in my OP youth pre season schedules are set to very heavy because I had almost the same injuries between heavy and very heavy. If you could answer me some answers it would be very helpful. How many players did you have in youth pre season schedules? How long have you kept players in pre season schedules? Were all 6 injuries received in training? How long were the injuries? Thanks in advance!

i had 4 in pre season defense...8 in midfield and 3 in striker...i kept them on it for a month and a bit...one week before my first game...one players been injured twice in a match 2 weeks and 3 weeks... another has been injured in 3 matches for 2,3 and 6 weeks...another in a match for 2 weeks...another 3 times in matches 2,1 and 3 weeks...another in a match for 5 weeks..it was 5 players not 6...whats your squads condition after a game ?

• 3 weeks later...
I'm getting some good results from this stats wise, but a lot of players are unhappy with the workload.

Will that affect players progress or should I just ignore it?

I was without PC for some days so I was unable to test the lighter schedules earlier.The final conclusion is "keep unhappy players as they are". Although is a fact that these players (players with professionalism smaller than 10)will progress slower than the others, a lighter schedule will not help them. If you still want to keep them happy reduce 4 notches total workload and you will gain hapiness by making only a mininimal sacrifice.

i had 4 in pre season defense...8 in midfield and 3 in striker...i kept them on it for a month and a bit...one week before my first game...one players been injured twice in a match 2 weeks and 3 weeks... another has been injured in 3 matches for 2,3 and 6 weeks...another in a match for 2 weeks...another 3 times in matches 2,1 and 3 weeks...another in a match for 5 weeks..it was 5 players not 6...whats your squads condition after a game ?

As I can see you had no injuries caused by training so seems training workload is not "dangerous" high. The fact that a few of your players were several times injured while th rest remained healthy suggests that either these players are extremely injury prone either you rush your players back to action after an injury.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived