For those of you struggling with Byteshield Activation Issues

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a total bodge, but I find I get the "no internet connection found" error once in a while, and the solution for me is to change the way I connect on my laptop - I usually use wifi, but if I get this error then connecting with a cable, or (if I'm feeling lazy) tethering my phone and using its connection usually does the trick. I know it won't work for everyone, but I hope it helps someone!

Bought this in November with no issues until last week when byteshield opens but doesnt do anything, I have tried reinstalling and get the same response where byteshield shows as running but doesnt seem to do anything. Contacted byteshield who have been no help at all.

I am having the same issue. Purchased a new computer, have installed but byteshield will not do anything at all. Does not even ask for my activation code.

Please help.

I've had problems with ByteShield from day one. Didn't actually get to play the game until 2 weeks after initially downloading it when a 'fix' finally came out.

Haven't played for a while and now I'm having issues again even after installing the available fixes and patches.

My patience has finally run out. I don't have the desire to try make this work anymore. I'll download it illegally next time instead of wasting my time and money.

I have bought this game and have installed it, when the byte shield window pops up it asks me to enter the DAC activation code, i have about 20 times but it keeps saying the code is invalid. I presume i am using the right code which is printed at the back of the manual as it stats that is the steam code? I have tried with Caps Lock on and not with Caps Lock, i have typed it using the dashes inbetween the codes and i have tried without the dashes. Each time it says the code is invalid, what do i do now?

• 1 year later...

so, is there any solution?

just installed the game and it doesn't work

byteshield gives me no internet connection error. already tried running it as admin and there are no firewalls or antiviruses on my pc.

Archived