Vintage's One Club/One Country challenge.

HELLO guys..

Right quick challenge i thought up myself last night while i was falling asleep watching Englands performance against Hungary..

The Challenge: Take control of England (or any country of your choice) Load up whatever leagues you want. although the nation you manage will need to be loaded.

Easy? The catch.. When you become England manager, you must choose ONE club. and that club.. will be the only club you can pick players from... (see below).

Rules:

* You can pick FOUR outfield players and ONE goalkeeper from other clubs. No more.

* You must pick the rest of your players from the club you choose. Even if it means calling up under-18s.

* IF you can't pick enough players from that team. and you need a certain squad size. You can pick other players. But you can't play them.

* If an English player of your chosen club, Transfers to another team. You can't pick him. (Unless he's one of your 4 picks.)

* You can't change your chosen club ever.

* Players that go out on loan FROM your club. Can be played. So can players that are eligible that your club loans IN.

So basically.. See how well you can do... :-D

Yeah Brettney. You can't control the domestic club. (it'll be easy then. you just buy all the english players you can).

I've managed England. and chosen Tottenham.

Kept Wayne Rooney, Ashley Cole, Steven Gerrard, John Terry & Joe Hart....

It'll be interesting to see if people choose there 4 on ability. or on the basis to cover for positions your domestic club has no-one inept enough!

Yeah Brettney. You can't control the domestic club. (it'll be easy then. you just buy all the english players you can).

I've managed England. and chosen Tottenham.

Kept Wayne Rooney, Ashley Cole, Steven Gerrard, John Terry & Joe Hart....

It'll be interesting to see if people choose there 4 on ability. or on the basis to cover for positions your domestic club has no-one inept enough!

Thought that was the case, one more question is it 1 GK and 4 Outfield players per squad or just 1 gk 4 o/f period?

OK, i'm in ... My chosen club is ... Manchester Utd.

Picked first squad and added players are;

Chris Kirkland, Ledley King, John Terry, Wayne Bridge + Gareth Barry.

vs Holland

A penalty from Carrick gave us a very respectable win.

Milestones:

Ledley King won his 20th Cap.

Tom Cleverley made his England debut.

Nicky Ajose made his England debut.

Reece Brown made his England debut.

Sam Hewson made his England debut.

Cameron Stewart made his England debut.

Danny Welbeck made his England debut.

Fabian Brandy made his England debut.

Chris Kirkland... a suprising choice. I see you've went for strengthening where Man utd's English players were weak!

I'm up to where i announce my first international squad. Don't have time to play it untill sunday though, But..

Spurs have somewhat an injury crisis.. Woodgate is injured, Bostock is injured, Haughton is injured.. Looks like i will have to look to some rubbish players,

They did however on the eve of me announcing my squad, Bring in an English player from Man Utd... More on that on sunday,

Squad 2 - September 2010.

England vs Slovenia (Friendly).

1-0

Milestones:

Scott Wooton makes his England debut.

Danny Drinkwater makes his England debut.

England vs Croatia (WC Qualifier).

2-1

Milestones:

Michael Carrick won his 20th Cap.

Darren Bent scored his first goals for England.

Nice-one.. I had a storming first game..

Holland 1 - 4 England

englandmatch.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Players: Joe Hart, Steven Gerrard, Ash Cole, Wayne Rooney, John Terry.

Landmarks:

Steven Gerrard Won 75th Cap

Ashley Cole Won 70th Cap

Ledley King Won 20th Cap

Wayne Rooney Scored his 25th England Goal

Kyle Naughton, Tom Huddlestone, Jimmy Walker, Kyle Walker, Steven Caulkier, Jamie O'Hara all made their debuts.

Second match... Despite absolutely dominating, Slovenia got a goal early on thanks to a mistake by the returning Woodgate.

England 1 - 1 Slovenia.

matcht.jpg

Players: Joe Hart, Glenn Johnson, Steven Gerrard, Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney. (John Terry suffered a broken leg so i replaced him with Johnson)

Landmarks:

Matt James made his debut (Spurs signed him from Man Utd for £250k. He's labelled the next Beckham)

Michael Dawson made his debut

John Bostock made his debut.

Other news: Jonathan Obika completed a £900.000 move from Tottenham to Stoke. If the transfer happens after you've confirmed your squad. You can still play that player. Not that i did. So his international career is over after the Croatia match, I might give him his first and what should be his last cap for England.

Third Match... Absolutely quality match.

England 2 - 0 Croatia.

matchb.jpg

Wayne Rooney also missed a penalty, Gerrard scoring an absolutely terrific goal, Then Jonathan Obika came into the fray for Rooney, and instantly scored a peach with nearly his first touch. Sadly that closes his international career.

Gerrard got sent off later on, So i lose him for a match.

Landmarks:

Jonathan Woodgate won 10th cap

Jonathan Obika made his debut,

starbv.jpg

I'm raising eyebrows with my squad selection..

Next Game. v Ukraine.

Ukraine 3 - 0 England

starb.jpg

England stunned by stunning Ukraine. I was absolutely demolished. Rio Ferdinand had a shocker. Missed Gerrard.

Players: Joe Hart, Rio Ferdinand, Joe Cole, Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney.

Landmarks:

N/A

Unlucky in the world cup liverbird.

I've got Ashley Cole out for 3 months with a broken ankle, Steven Gerrard out 8 months with cruciates and John Terry still out with a broken leg.. So that's 3 of my choices. Income Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard & Joleen Lescott.

Disapointment in the last friendly of the year...

Belgium 2 - 1 England

staryk.jpg

I don't hold out much hope for the world cup.

Star Players: Joleen Lescott, Joe Hart, Wayne Rooney, Frank Lampard, Rio Ferdinand.

Landmarks:

Peter Crouch won 40th cap

Jermaine Defoe won 40th cap

Jermaine Jenas won 25th cap

Danny Rose made debut

Harry Kane made debut,

In January..

Aaron Lennon was sold to Real Madrid for £15m and Man Utd bought midfielder Dean Parrett for £4.1m. Spurs brought in a few players but none of them English. My English squad gets weaker!

Jenas was loaned out for a fee to Wigan to. But he's still under contract at spurs so i can play him. I hope he doesn't leave!

Squad 4 - November 2010 - Showcase Friendlys.

England vs Wallis & Fortuna

4-1

4 goals for Rooney, and a slight disapointment that we didn't keep a clean sheet is what i came out of this match with.

Milestones;

Manuel Almunia made his England Debut.

Tom Thorpe made his England Debut.

Jesse Lingard made his England Debut.

Tom Thorpe became Englands Youngest ever player (16 years 305 days).

Ashley Cole won his 75th Cap.

Portugal vs England

1-0

Really hurts that Portugal scored 2 minutes into stoppage time, a drew would of been a pretty decent result.

Milestones;

Zeke Fryers made his England Debut.

Ryan Tunnicliffe made his England Debut.

England 3 - 1 Mexico

starir.jpg

I had Dawson, King & Bentley injured and are doubts for the world cup.

Same stars. Gerrards nearly back though. Lampard dominated the game for me though.

Milestones.

Lampard scored his 18th 19th and 20th england goal

Rooney = 60th cap

Anton Blackwood won 1st cap

England 0 - 1 Brazil

starmw.jpg

Absolute robbery by Brazil. I dominated from start to finish. Julio Cesar got man of the match with a rating of 9.4

Not bad considering i had Huddlestone, Dawson, King & Bentley all out injured.

Milestones.

Joe Hart > 10 caps

Frank Lampard > 75 caps

Gonna try this out on FM09 (don't have FM10 :p)

Decided to go with Croatia, wanted something different to England :D

My out of club players to keep are

- Luka Modric, Niko Kranjcar, Verdan Corluka, Mate Bilić, Pletikosa (GK)

Chosen Club is NK Dinamo

UPDATE:

First match was a friendly against Poland, wasn't expecting much, but then this happened

croatiavspoland2008.jpg

if my team can do this weel against better teams, i may be able to meet expectations of qualifying for the world cup

Update to the end of 2008

Reserve GK Ivan Kelava moved from Dinamo and thus ended his international career before it even began, meaning that Dinamo's own reserve keeper Filip Loncaric replaces him, as well as Dario Srna returning to the side to replace Mate Bilic (both players were from outside the club, so it is a legit change, and one that was made due to a long term injury to Bilic)

We kicked off our World Cup campaign by welcoming Kazakhstan to Croatia, despite my "laughing stock" line up, we were still expected to win strongly

Croatia 3-0 Kazakhstan

We pulled through and gave the fans the victory they came to see

croatiavskazakhstan2008.jpg[/img]

Perfect start to the campaign for Croatia/Dinamo

Croatia 0-0 England

Delighted to steal a point against a full strength England squad

croatiavsengland2008.jpg[/img]

we were lucky, they dominated the match, and our saving grace was our GK Pletikosa (Spartak Moscow)

Ukraine 3-0 Croatia

Worst result of my short career with the NT so far, Luka Modric labelled it the worst moment of his international career so far, they dominated, and we lethal with their finishing, i'm hoping we do better against them in the home tie

croatiavsukraine2008.jpg[/img]

Croatia 2-0 Andorra

could have, and should have been more, but a win is a win

croatiavsandorra2008.jpg[/img]

Mow in 2009, with a friendly against Austria the first match of the year

Drew First game, a freidnly with FYR Macedonia, Was 1-0 down at Half Time, but a Xavi screamer equalised, was the better team but nothing sensational. will provide more indetail updates for competitive matches :)

Non-Villareal players selected: Casilas (GK) Puyol, Xavi, Torres and Villa.

Archived