The Hibs & Romanov thread 06/07

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the foundations of my crap is of course just opinion that i'd like to be founded if that makes sense icon_wink.gif

Romanov wanted 50-50's to be looked at. That's not exactly what I had in mind or used to argue but it's a good enough case even if it's never going to be followed up.

I simply believe that refs are biased towards the OF especially in Glasgow.

I still think Vlads an arse, one thing I will give him now though is that he's either a bloody good and commited actor or he's passionate about his football.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

I think Jim is just saying that stats can be twisted to say anything and as much as it pains me to say it; he's right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on. icon14.gificon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry but that just isn't true...

If anything I'd argue back and suggest the ref's are deliberately biased against Rangers at Ibrox to try and show any SFA observer that they are not swayed by the home crowd.

All in all, the refereeing in Scotland is woeful; but for anyone to suggest it's in any way biased is just plain daft; Romanov or not.

We're basing our arguments on what we've seen with our own eyes and not on statistics.

I'd be surprised if the majority of non-OF fans said they didn't think there was an OF bias. Obviously you're not going to agree, why would you, but you also have to accept that there are many people out there that share the same opinion as Chris.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry but that just isn't true...

If anything I'd argue back and suggest the ref's are deliberately biased against Rangers at Ibrox to try and show any SFA observer that they are not swayed by the home crowd.

All in all, the refereeing in Scotland is woeful; but for anyone to suggest it's in any way biased is just plain daft; Romanov or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, all non OF fans are daft icon14.gif

Sorry, can't stop, tuppence worth.

Hearts v Celtic, New Year's Day, Hearts player incorrectly sent off, Celtic goal incorrectly sent off, Celtic one, possibly two, obvious penalties not awarded.

This is the game that is often quoted as showing how Hearts were hard done by yet when looking at it again on video it is Celtic who were on the wrong end of more decisions.

We can all complain about referees but unfortunately it's the public moaning of some managers that draw attention to certain incidents when others are forgotten. Jim Jefferies always seems to have something to say about decisions at Celtic Park yet conveniently missed the fact that Killie scored two offside goals against Celtic last season and conceeded a penalty in their own six yard box from a tackle from behind which his player was not even booked!

These are just incidents that highlight there is no bias towards anyone, just basic incompetence and some people need to accept that. Vlad, Jim J, Jimmy C, that wee bigot who is Jim J's assistant and so on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankJJ:

Celtic goal incorrectly sent off, . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know what I mean! icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

How can I possibly provide proof when i'm only saying what I see at the games?

I'll hazard a guess and say that's how most of us draw our conclusions from football </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what obvious signs of bias did you see in the Rangers/Hearts games then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eleanor_Rigby:

How can I possibly provide proof when i'm only saying what I see at the games?

I'll hazard a guess and say that's how most of us draw our conclusions from football </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what obvious signs of bias did you see in the Rangers/Hearts games then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hartley getting sandwiched between 2 Rangers players and Rangers getting the free kick, Prso not seeing red and I'm sure that there was something leading up to the goal too, but can't remember.

Anyway, sorry I'm not able to detail every event, but it wouldn't be the first time that someone has failed to re-enact a full 90mins or so in their heads weeks after a game happened.

Again, accept my apologises for not preparing a 600 page dossier on this subject

FrankJJ, I was on heavy duty medication for my back when that game happened, thus can't remember anything from that particular game, so I'm not going to argue over a game that I know nothing about. I'll accept what you said as being correct.

I will say that I didn't notice it too much this past season. But I am talking about in recent history and to that there is no doubt in my mind that the OF have had the better of it from the refs at the games I've attended.

I've not been to Ibrox or Celtic Park since the Hibs Rangers 2-2 game where Luna missed a sitter right at the end but I've seen a fair few on tv and the extended highlights on hibs interactive.

Actually I also believe that STV & BBC are biased to the OF in what they choose to show but that's no great surprise.

Been back at work on reduced hours for a month or so now (in fact will be my first full day since December).

It's still niggling here and there but at least I'm active again. I think my football days are over tbh. Here a list a' some of the things I can't do now:

Run long distances

Treadmill

Cycling/exercise bike

Rowing machines

play football

In other words, no high impact exercise again. I'm only 31 ffs icon_frown.gif

Been back at work on reduced hours for a month or so now (in fact will be my first full day since December).

It's still niggling here and there but at least I'm active again. I think my football days are over tbh. Here a list a' some of the things I can't do now:

Run long distances

Treadmill

Cycling/exercise bike

Rowing machines

play football

In other words, no high impact exercise again. I'm only 31 ffs icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could ref then. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

Run long distances

Treadmill

Cycling/exercise bike

Rowing machines

play football

In other words, no high impact exercise again. I'm only 31 ffs icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could ref then. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would just award Hearts penalties regardless of where the player was fouled. I'd even award a penalty to hearts if it was a Hearts player that committed the foul. icon_frown.gif

I've only ever tried to do 2 of those things. Feel like such a fat git icon_frown.gif

Err not trying to nick your thunder though. That sucks Keith icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've always been a 32" waist and now i can only fit into 34" breeks, however, I still need a belt for the 34" ones. icon_biggrin.gif

I've basically had no exercise for 5 months icon_redface.gif

Hartley getting sandwiched between 2 Rangers players and Rangers getting the free kick, Prso not seeing red and I'm sure that there was something leading up to the goal too, but can't remember.

Anyway, sorry I'm not able to detail every event, but it wouldn't be the first time that someone has failed to re-enact a full 90mins or so in their heads weeks after a game happened.

Again, accept my apologises for not preparing a 600 page dossier on this subject

FrankJJ, I was on heavy duty medication for my back when that game happened, thus can't remember anything from that particular game, so I'm not going to argue over a game that I know nothing about. I'll accept what you said as being correct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So that subjective account is obvious bias then....? icon_biggrin.gif

I could list a few incidents that went unpunished as well quite easily but wouldn't be so damn churlish. Just because you don't get one or two decisions doesn't mean the refs are biased.

You'll have to do better than that and if anyone does want to accuse officials of bias, then a 600 page dossier would be the least the SFA would expect.

It's like your myth about Rangers buying and ruining young Scottish players from other clubs. It's not based on any facts but what you read in today's tabloid coverage or what your eccentric owner thinks.

I hate to see what you'll be saying next year if Rangers manage to find their form again and the Old Firm finish above you. icon_biggrin.gif

Well, I'm not of that era, but I'm sure Frank could answer the Dons persecution complex easily enough... Although his club have had same for long enough as well... icon_biggrin.gif

Every team feels hard done by when it comes to football. But I'd be hugely surprised if officials are biased.

If that were the case, I doubt the game would survive as a sport anyone wanted to watch.

That's a bit unfair on Aberdeen as they too were complaining of the same things when they were regularly stuffing the OF. Please don't ask me for examples from the 80's icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bl00dy useless biased refs couldn't even help the OF. icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

That's a bit unfair on Aberdeen as they too were complaining of the same things when they were regularly stuffing the OF. Please don't ask me for examples from the 80's icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bl00dy useless biased refs couldn't even help the OF. icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They did. What was the name of the ref that got sacked after a Hearts - Celtic game? Kevin O'Donnell?

And some Tims still deny to this day that the ref got unfairly hounded out a' Scottish fitba icon_biggrin.gif

Bl00dy useless biased refs couldn't even help the OF. icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They did. What was the name of the ref that got sacked after a Hearts - Celtic game? Kevin O'Donnell?

And some Tims still deny to this day that the ref was biased icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> fixed

And some Tims still deny to this day that the ref was biased icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> fixed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And if Hearts had their way Andy Davis would have been hounded out.

And some Tims still deny to this day that the ref was biased icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> fixed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And if Hearts had their way Andy Davis would have been hounded out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What has Davis got to do with a ref being sacked by the SFA for blatantly cheating?

No, it was the media that carried it on, it was the media that sent umpteen photographers & reporters to Stirling as to hound the guy and it was the media that questioned where his allegiances lay. Hearts just questioned whether or not he should be officiating such a high profile game.

I won't deny he got it tight from the fans and maybe some of us questioned his motives too, but that's as far as it has ever went. I'm sure you'll agree it's better to voice ones displeasure than to pelt him with coins and attack his family home, after all it's only football. icon_smile.gif

I´m in germany. Their keyboards are wierd.

Met a load of Jambos yesterday, wasn´t pleasant.

Anyway must dash as i´m sitting in a cafe with a dutch top and kilt on and getting strange looks. May also be because my nose is peeling off through sunburn.

looks like vlad is being a bit naughty with Beslija's transfer fee.

Racing Genk have written to Hearts regarding the non-payment of the transfer fee for Mirsad Beslija, and FIFA will impose a transfer ban on the club according to some reports if Hearts fail to pay up soon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pandaLUFC:

Saw a Jambo is Durham today :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are 400,000 tbh.

Is the Scott Brown madness over yet?

Archived