Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Eagle

What Happens if DC's swap positions

I am playing with 4 defenders (DR-DC-DC-DL). i am planning to have a strong DC besides very fast DC. If I choose to swap their positions, would they make mistakes while swaping or would they close each others gap?

They won't take their personal instructions with them, as far as I know. This means the strong (and probably slower) DC will have to run for his life to catch up with the tasks of the quick DC. The quicker one will have a hard time bringing a game that is as physical as your strong DC.

Why would you ask them to swap positions???!

Maybe he wants to confuse the attackers.

To confuse the strikers? Or maybe just for a bit of a laugh.

One of them will be strong DC the other is fast one. I would assign zonal defense. So by swaping faster one will cover in depth if there is a fast striker. If more tackling needed strong one will swap so he could stop strong strikers as Drogba...

One of them will be strong DC the other is fast one. I would assign zonal defense. So by swaping faster one will cover in depth if there is a fast striker. If more tackling needed strong one will swap so he could stop strong strikers as Drogba...

Anyone can stop Drogba. It only takes a harsh look in his general direction for him to go down like he's been shot :p

Maybe he wants to confuse the attackers.

Why would this confuse the strikers? Surely they wouldn't care who they're up against. Defenders mark strikers, and not the other way around.