YOUR ultimate XI

Erm, well on the last patch I had a team with something like Akinfeev, Rafinha, Barzagli, Chiellini, Breno Silva Ronaldo Messi etc etc etc.

On this patch and probably favourite from all patches, with Lyon

GK - Hugo Lloris

DR - Francois Clerc

DC - Sebastien Squillaci

DC - Mamadou Sakho

DL - Armand Traore

DM - Younesse Sankhare

RM - Lionel Messi

CMa - Mathieu Bodmer

CM - Jeremy Toulalan

AML - Hatem Ben Arfa

ST - Karim Benzema

Had a season scoring well over 100 goals and only conceding 3 in the league with that team icon14.gif

4th season I have this squad:

ACMilan.jpg?t=1211842995

The entire squad apart from Kaka, Lucho Gonzalez and Ustari is on Rotation. This side has won every single game this season in all competitions as well as winning the CL and Italian cup last season, team is currently on a 42 match unbeaten run in the league carrying over from last season. I have a couple of Players coming in January, Iago, Abenzoar and some regens as well as trying to get Silva. The only players I brought in are Gago (£8m), Ballotelli (free), Lucho Gonzalez (£25m), Insua (£17m), Kallstrom (£20m) and Nordtveit (£7m) the rest of the squad was here and sitting in 16th when I arrived in december last season.

I think possibly my best ever team on FM08 is my current Man Utd Squad. I won every trophy avalible to me last season. Am now in 2012-13 season.

The starting XI changes quite a bit to keep all the players happy but I would say my best XI is:

GK - Akinfeev

DR - De Silvestri

DL - Bale

DC - Criscito

DC - Hobbs

MC - Veloso

MC - Digard

AMR - Ronaldo

AML - Fernandez

AMC - Rooney

FC - Aguero

I have quite alot of strength in the squad and other players that play a decent amount of games each season are:

Planus

Breno

Sakho

Banega

Alex

Anderson

Pato

Baxter

Regen striker

Hope you like icon_smile.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">very impressive run and stuff adamj11, but i've said this before adamj11, it's not hard to have a squad like that when you're a.c milan, or any of the already established european teams.

but very good run </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a quite a nice wee Brum team going before I moved to AC as well but he asked for my Ultimate team and I gave him the best team I have had.

I must say, the team I've got at Arsenal in the season 2011/12

GK: Lloris

RB: Sergio Ramos

LB: Gael Clichy

CB: Micah Richards

CB: Steven Taylor

DM: Angelo Palomo

DM: Matthieu Flamini

AM: Robin van Persie

AM: Cesc Fabregas

AM: Lionel Messi

ST: Emmanuel Adebayor

SUB1: Joe Hart

SUB2: Johan Djourou

SUB3: Denilson

SUB4: Giles Barnes

SUB5: Calos Vela

SUB6: James Vaughan

SUB7: Sergio Aguero

In my opnion, the best team in FM08.

yeh sorry adamj11, i have no problem with people being proud of their teams, but my point is reinforced ^^^^^^^^^^^^ in 'the ultimate team' when people are arsenal or man u, and then putting steven taylor in it :p

i mean, you could start with man u and

1. already have world class players, and a good stadium, excellent youth and training facilities etc

2. have millions to spend every year no matter how well you do

3. only a certain few players won't go there

4. they've just won the league and a few years ago the champions league, what's the point in football manager if you're not making your club bigger or getting them promoted, winning them their first ever trophy etc

5. theres no challenge or motivation, what are your goals? you've already reached the highest tier of the game.

baaasically, a big no no from me on starting with already massive teams.

buuut people are free to their opinions icon_biggrin.gif

This isn't really an "ultimate XI" in terms of having world class players in it. But it was a side that was kept pretty much the same for 3-4 seasons, (the odd change in player), and won me many trophies;

GK: Remy Vercoutre

RB: Francois Clerc

LB: Fabio Grosso

CB: Christopher Samba

CB: Jon Jonsson

DM: Mathieu Bodmer

CM: Ederson

CM: Kim Kallstrom

AM: Karim Benzema

AM: Hatem Ben Arfa

ST: Fred

Like I said, not full of "world class" stars, but a special team to me.......................4 seasons on from the last team this XI played together in a Champions League final, and just four of the team remain in my squad, nevermind my regular XI.

Everton in 2013:

GK: Ochoa

RB: Regen with 19/20's in all key attribs

LB: Taiwo

CB: Regen with 20 Tack, Head, Mark and Jumping

CB: Arturo Vidal

DM: Lucas

RM: Thiago (guy from barca)

LM: Downing

AM: Regen that is England Captain

FR FW: Aguero

ST: Marica

orrr

GK: Howard

RB: Rafinha

CB: Richards

CB: Sakho

DM: Bolzoni

RM: Jesus Navas

LM: Aaritalo

AM: Matias Fernandez

FR FW: Vela

ST: Vaughan/Regen with 20 finishing, 18 composure, 18 jumping, 15 pace, 16 accel

Arsenal save:

GK - Frey/Lloris

LB - Chiellini/Clichy (Traore out on loan)

RB - Ramos/Sagna

CB - Toure/Richards

CB - Burdisso/Zapata

DM - Veloso/Bodmer

LM - Silva/Fernandez

RM - Elano/Dos Santos

CM - Fabregas/Moutinho/Denilson

ST - Adebayor/Bendtner

ST - Van Persie/Vela

But better than that, on the original patch, was my Derby team. I've forgotten all players now but will state the ones I do remember (end of season 2):

GK - Marco Amelia/Vincent Enyeama

LB - Gonzalo Pineda/Matt Hill

RB - Valon Behrami/Nedum Onuoha

CB - Mirel Radoi/Anton Ferdinand

CB - Sergey Ignashevich/Patricio Araujo

DM - Lucas/Zola

CM - Piatti/Carvalho

LM - Mata/Iago

RM - Barnes/Marin

ST - Zarate/Stancu

ST - Cavani/Balotelli

I had just finished season 2 on that save and had already arranged a free transfer bringing Carlos Tevez to Derby!!! icon_biggrin.gif Shame I couldnt play the save again to see how he worked out in the team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">you have absoultely no idea how close your arsenal save comes to mine almost every single player you have i have! what did that team do for you ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That team was a bit too good and bit too easy to play with mate. Went like 4 or 5 seasons winning every single trophy I played in. Twice they won the league winning ALL 38 of their games! And God knows how many games they went unbeaten in all competitions. It was 170+ last I gave up counting. So yeah, was very good. The save got corrupt unfortunately. Wasnt the worst thing though as I was starting to get very bored and would have restarted soon enough anyway.

the best team that i have build so far is, with my leeds team 7 seasons in not won everything yet but i think its pretty good.

gk ochoa

lb regen pa194

rb abenzor/hutton

cb naldo/samba

cb zapata

lm piatti

rm barnes

cm veloso

cm diego/anderson

fc stancu

fc briand

not the best team you could ever have but its the best ive build and enjoyed playing with

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> you are the mighty ac milan, but you have nordtveit in your squad? in my arsenal team it was 2011 before he even got a game! and gilardino? but i spose with a 42 winning run i cant complain can i ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nordtveit has pretty awesome stats in my save, he's my worst DC but he's still a good player though he doesn't play in the important games.

Gilardino's stats are Godly, 19 finishing, 18 composure, 18 heading and all the rest are good as well, he didn't score much for me when I first took the job but then I was forced to play him against Barca in the 2nd leg of the CL semi, having drawn 1-1 at home I was 2-0 down after 10 minutes, of came company and on came Gilo, final score 2-5, Gilardino hatrick and 2 assists, I was considering selling im before that but from then on he was staying. He's on rotation with Ballotelli and Pato anyway.

Not a great side compared to others, but my Arsenal one has been good for me winning numerous trophies.

GK: Aouate

DR: Sagna

DL: Clichy

DC: Toure

DC: Gallas/Garay

MR: Oscar

ML: Marcelo/Radek Sirl

MC: Fabregas

MC: Poulsen

ST: Adebayor

ST: Soren Larsen/Iaquinta

Archived